What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 this morning

Over for Sunday lunch at mum's and a lazy day today, coffee and ebooks ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - missed posting this info yesterday (posted everything else :hilarious:) - supplements, this time of year I take Magnesium, vit B12 and vit D3 daily and Zinc a couple of times per week.

@gennepher - I'm enjoying the minimalistic zen digital paintings, I should imagine that the less you are putting down the more you have to think about each stroke ? ;) might be good for me to try, I'm a bit of a fiddler if I'm not careful :sorry:

Art catch up -
thank you for the compliments on my little 'landscape' format painting, I find the format quite interesting and I may do some more on occasion, might try them a bit bigger size at some point too.

coincidentally this tree ended up looking a bit Japanese :D the tree has a very distinct bend in the trunk.
upload_2020-6-28_17-30-43.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.2 this morning

@ianpspurs - missed posting this info yesterday (posted everything else :hilarious:) - supplements, this time of year I take Magnesium, vit B12 and vit D3 daily and Zinc a couple of times per week.

@gennepher - I'm enjoying the minimalistic zen digital paintings, I should imagine that the less you are putting down the more you have to think about each stroke ? ;) might be good for me to try, I'm a bit of a fiddler if I'm not careful :sorry:

Art catch up -
thank you for the compliments on my little 'landscape' format painting, I find the format quite interesting and I may do some more on occasion, might try them a bit bigger size at some point too.

coincidentally this tree ended up looking a bit Japanese :D the tree has a very distinct bend in the trunk.
View attachment 42396

Which just shows nature in its infinite beauty, isn't as uniform, as the supermarkets would like us to think...:bag:;):D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.2 this morning

Art catch up -

View attachment 42396
Loving today's art, best so far for my taste. Thank you for the supplement information. If those supplements are good enough for the doyen of bg control they're good to go for mortals. Is the Magnesium for cramp?

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished my yesterday's watercolour of Stiles A4 size, a bit darker than I wanted bur there you go.

IMG_20200628_183815_edit.jpg

First in a series of 3 I hope.

@gennepher more experimenting, simple lines which tell so much and are difficult to create for all their simplicity, excellent exercise.
@geefull thank for compliments. Your daily painting once again shows your talent for creating the feeling of depth and getting detail into distant hills, like this work as I do most of your own individual style landscapes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a pleasant today.

Relaxed with Laurel, slept a good bit,
Collected our Steph from work..nice

temp not taken...but feel ok
FBG after a while up 6.1.
so happy.

And in the idea we are more alike then we are different.
let me throw this into the mix.

a late starter, but moving around the world has made me
much more understanding that others think differently.

I had one moment in Goa..all lovely, lovely, then got my first taste of open bigotry.

a few lads in a bar , all Indians from other states.
a little worse for wear
normally a quite friendly little bar, we used bar regularly but these guys a new influx,
and i was on my own this night, me and these 4 lads,
and as normal i just sat at end of bar, slightly away from them out of respect.
( i was just having a quiet pint or two before calling it a night.)
And one guy shocked my by looking at me, and stating
" he didn't like the English" and not in a friendly fashion.

Barman knew me and bristled.

so i asked him why, ..when he didn't know me..?

He said he knew his history, and a lot was laid at the foot at the empire.
Amritsar, etc.

i made him right and told him so.

But i wasn't English, but i did live there, and the English of today are not the English of the Raj
any more then the Indians of the partition are the Indians of today.

we maybe never ended up best mates, but i did share several drinks with the lads, and a warm handshake
with all as they left.

To my mind,I think travel has allowed me to be more open to other viewpoints.

BUT i hadn't considered that another language might have SUCH an impact..interesting concept

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/...07ry35k?playlist=the-wonderful-world-of-words

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.2 this morning

Art catch up -

View attachment 42396

Thank you @geefull

Yes you do have to be mindful of each stroke.

I don't know how others use this app ZenBrush2, but unlike regular painting (for me) where, I just start doing things and I don't have a plan (or rarely) in an regular painting, either digital or with paint and paper what is going to happen to the picture. So there is no prior planning on a regular painting I do.

But with this app (so far), I know I am going to do a sparrow, or a mountainous landscape etc, so I am mindful of each stroke. So, I suppose I feel the space matters as well as the line or mark, to create the painting.

But, I imagine you can do other kind of work within this app that is not Sumi-e or Chinese Painting.

I like your painting, with the sweep into the distant hills, and the Japanese like tree with a bend in the trunk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished my yesterday's watercolour of Stiles A4 size, a bit darker than I wanted bur there you go.

View attachment 42397

First in a series of 3 I hope.

@gennepher more experimenting, simple lines which tell so much and are difficult to create for all their simplicity, excellent exercise.
@geefull thank for compliments. Your daily painting once again shows your talent for creating the feeling of depth and getting detail into distant hills, like this work as I do most of your own individual style landscapes.

I know you say your painting is a bit darker than you would have liked @Muddy Cyclist but I like that darkness either side of the path to the stile. It is like that on paths I have been on.

Thank you for the compliment on my painting on the Zen brush app, I do enjoy doing that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Temp 35.1

Grey skies, and raining today.
It has been really windy all night.
A few broken branches to deal with when I go out there.
I was going shopping this morning but I can’t use my mobility scooter in this kind of rain, so that will have to be another day now.
It is annoying because I’ve been getting in a mindset since last night to go out to the shops today, and now I’m going to have to do that again for another day. So knowing me I’ll probably go and put it off for the next few days.

Just fed Picasso so hopefully he will go to sleep and leave his artistic endeavours for another day. And I will be left in peace with my iPad to do my painting...

Take care

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me this grey and windy morning.

Gear Indexing on my bikes as new cables have now stretched and some gears are misbehaving. After that who knows, time is mine.

Have the best day you can.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
her garden, hedge is almost 6 feel tall so quite tiring wielding the electric hedge trimmer, those things get surprisingly heavy after a little while.
Sounds identical to ours I have no problem dealing with it geeful...we've found someone to cut it for us I just can't face the thought of ladders & hedge trimmers and we share the cost with the next door neighbour ...the added bonus he takes the debris away too!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Mondays - Yes Please! Bez give you my fbg which was 4.9 @ around 6.15 today. An hour+ later so I'm ok with a higher number. A good day for us empty nesters yesterday ended serenely with duck breast, halloumi chips, mushrooms and tomatoes plus watching a TV docu-drama about the making of Coronation Sreet. Unusual to watch the same programme or ITV or anything with adverts not sky +d to skip ads. Then re-watched part 1 of The Summer of Love which explored the origins of that - much more my style and triggered a few thoughts about how we arrived at this cluster whatsit. More tea and watering of Julie's ***** flowers, hanging baskets and roses. The things we do for love, eh - will definitely need more than 10CC of water.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a very busy couple of days cant believe the weekend just disappeared...enjoying the cooler weather & the rain we do need it here...lots of work related paperwork to do then invoices...excitement is mounting we have a shopping delivery arriving this afternoon the social event of the week...minded to do more than I have done the last week or so work has been busy but the admin has been sorely neglected...beasts fed & out so I may be able to get started...can't move from the chair into the rest of the house without the cats thinking it's more food...woke to a 6.5 which is fine...keep safe everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those like @dunelm and @Muddy Cyclist in Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells mode at the state of our beaches following a little warm weather, fear not. Little Hodit has looked at how Big Hodit has managed to encourage The People TM to open things up safely. Super Saturday TM should have you guys apoplectic. I have no problem with the "other side" running the show but these two really are the wrong people to be at the wheel right now - couldn't you have chosen better? Our youngsters deserve much better than this lummox but we were only offered a choice between Corbyn and him. :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: It is health/diabetes related as it adversely impacts routine monitoring and support. Short term this must impact resources and cause long term harm. Like countless others I have already missed two cancer check follow ups/scans. Never mind, pubs can open which is far more important than either that or schools.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-dangerous-handling-of-the-easing-of-lockdown

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting for today on ZenBrush2 app

A bit different today. I was trying a more traditional Chinese type rocks/mountain painting.

I set myself a couple of limitations.
Brush size 4 (to see the variations I could get from one size brush).
And no use of the rubber, but then I found the rubber could be used as a painting tool with the amount of settings that came with it.
So, only one limitation now, the constant brush size.

Here we are, it took me about an hour.

D532F5E9-DDCF-4F80-800F-DB939EB660DC.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.44am FBG 5.3
Body seems to think it is high BG, still getting urgency and this morning eyes are a bit blurry, although that could be too many hours on laptop.
See you later. Maybe will have time to read some posts today.