What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
couldn't you have chosen better?
Your edit answered this question.
There was no good choice either were going to cause serious problems for the UK and the virus obviously made things a whole lot worse, frustrating. Hopefully in the not to distant future some bright young spark will rise from it like a Phoenix and learn from past generations mistakes, have some faith in humanity to get through this but sadly not without some serious damage along the way.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee and Saturday's 'i' newspaper. I definitely will do some work today but need a bit more coffee before I start.

We did get some rain for the garden yesterday which was definitely welcome.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Which just shows nature in its infinite beauty, isn't as uniform, as the supermarkets would like us to think...:bag:;):D
On the subject of supermarket uniformity. A golden delicious apple in France is an entirely different fruit to those bought in UK.
They are golden, juicy, and flavouful. Living up to the name.
Also about twice the size.
Apparently Tesco demands their apples be a certain diameter, or weight, so the fruit are harvested for UK market well before they are ripe.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You would think someone really might have seen the problem with our PM saying we have a problem with obesity. You couldn't make some of this stuff up.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another Boris blather and obfuscation morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of confit duck, of which we have several tins, and a cauliflower garatin came in at 4.6 this am

We must have missed the wedding that was held in our garden yesterday. Sways of confetti are strewn over the garden in evidence; red, white and yellow rose petals, demonstrating the extravagance of the unseen event.
I wonder if the Rolling Stones will ever get what they want as Donald continues to play his favourite hop and Stomp song after his half filled Sir Walters. Everyone else is just trying to decipher the message.

Have a wonderful Monday, be careful now with exotic recipes, you may soon have to give a shout out to the country of origin and wear the appropriately coloured hat in order to support Spiced Recipes Matter. Koffy (thank you Kenya).

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your edit answered this question.
There was no good choice either were going to cause serious problems for the UK and the virus obviously made things a whole lot worse, frustrating. Hopefully in the not to distant future some bright young spark will rise from it like a Phoenix and learn from past generations mistakes, have some faith in humanity to get through this but sadly not without some serious damage along the way.
It was like asking a diabetic if they wanted their deep fried Mars bar with or without caramel sauce to bring their bg levels down. :banghead::banghead: I blame the members (pun intended)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to say good, but it isn't. Our window cleaner fell off his ladder this morning, bashing himself about and snapping his ladder. He promised to be back on Wednesday to rehang our gutter and clean our windows. We shall ring him tonight to check on him.

A straight 6.0 on the meter of misbehaving this morning.

Have a good day and please no climbing ladders.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to say good, but it isn't. Our window cleaner fell off his ladder this morning, bashing himself about and snapping his ladder. He promised to be back on Wednesday to rehang our gutter and clean our windows. We shall ring him tonight to check on him.

A straight 6.0 on the meter of misbehaving this morning.

Have a good day and please no climbing ladders.
Not good - hope your window cleaner will be OK

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting for today on ZenBrush2 app

A bit different today. I was trying a more traditional Chinese type rocks/mountain painting.

I set myself a couple of limitations.
Brush size 4 (to see the variations I could get from one size brush).
And no use of the rubber, but then I found the rubber could be used as a painting tool with the amount of settings that came with it.
So, only one limitation now, the constant brush size.

Here we are, it took me about an hour.

View attachment 42404
Great composition.
I am just practicing with the ‘brushes’ to see what can be done. Must stop taking that LSD.

upload_2020-6-29_11-48-45.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all :)

4.6 today

It's raining on and off here today (which the plants are enjoying) and quite a bit cooler (which I'm enjoying ;)).

@ianpspurs - I started taking the magnesium after I read that diabetics can become deficient in Mg. it does help with cramp, but, I have also found that it helps with anxiety ;) and if I feel I need a quick boost I give my feet a soak with epsom salts :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - looks like an interesting app. (wonder if it's available for Android) - I like your 'experiments' so far very much ;)

@gennepher - I knew there was something I was doing wrong, obviously I don't have the wherewithal for artistic licence, I might manage a smock but definitely not a beret :hilarious:
I'm enjoying these 'Zen' monochrome paintings, they have a strong graphic quality :)

@Muddy Cyclist - once again a strong painting, I like the light balance, I know you've said it turned out a bit darker than you intended but it's very evocative of the light just breaking through on a misty morning :)

Art catch up
Thank you for your kind words on my art, much appreciated.

Two more letterboxes
no 1 - trying to get a bit more movement into the water.
upload_2020-6-29_15-50-36.jpeg

no 2 - another abstractish one, quite like how it turned out :joyful:
upload_2020-6-29_15-40-30.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all :)

4.6 today

It's raining on and off here today (which the plants are enjoying) and quite a bit cooler (which I'm enjoying ;)).

@ianpspurs - I started taking the magnesium after I read that diabetics can become deficient in Mg. it does help with cramp, but, I have also found that it helps with anxiety ;) and if I feel I need a quick boost I give my feet a soak with epsom salts :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - looks like an interesting app. (wonder if it's available for Android) - I like your 'experiments' so far very much ;)

@gennepher - I knew there was something I was doing wrong, obviously I don't have the wherewithal for artistic licence, I might manage a smock but definitely not a beret :hilarious:
I'm enjoying these 'Zen' monochrome paintings, they have a strong graphic quality :)

@Muddy Cyclist - once again a strong painting, I like the light balance, I know you've said it turned out a bit darker than you intended but it's very evocative of the light just breaking through on a misty morning :)

Art catch up
Thank you for your kind words on my art, much appreciated.

Two more letterboxes
no 1 - trying to get a bit more movement into the water.
View attachment 42413

no 2 - another abstractish one, quite like how it turned out :joyful:
View attachment 42411
Thanks for your art comment.

I agree with you on your paintings No 2 definitely my favourite, worked very well, like the pallet of colours. Hill side detail good again in the first painting, you are certainly the master of distant hills.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My second watercolour in the Stile Series. Again on the walk we take over Wolsley Estates as was yesterday's. This one is on the brow of a hill the path on the other side of the Stile is very undefined and trying to find the second Stile (yesterday's painting) can prove very difficult, I know the exact tree to aim for but strangers to the area do struggle. So A4 and about a hour painting.
IMG_20200629_160108_edit.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My second watercolour in the Stile Series. Again on the walk we take over Wolsley Estates as was yesterday's. This one is on the brow of a hill the path on the other side of the Stile is very undefined and trying to find the second Stile (yesterday's painting) can prove very difficult, I know the exact tree to aim for but strangers to the area do struggle. So A4 and about a hour painting.
View attachment 42414
Nice stile and in good style - tree goes so well and draws the eye.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 42414

banging tree...Liked.