What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Edit to add: Just what is normal? I thought we were well past that stage of development as a species.

I think a species will always have within its ranks some idea of what is "normal;" a standard to preserve the herd, or the society if you will.
Perhaps some cultures, OTOH, develop in that area, but not if they want to remain cultures, or societies. Herd instinct, group mentality, there must be some form of structure, and structure is defined by its rules/standards.
:)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a species will always have within its ranks some idea of what is "normal;" a standard to preserve the herd, or the society if you will.
Perhaps some cultures, OTOH, develop in that area, but not if they want to remain cultures, or societies. Herd instinct, group mentality, there must be some form of structure, and structure is defined by its rules/standards.
:)
1 Corinthians 12:12? Can a wide receiver be a nose tackle? The differences make the team function better.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I try to avoid honey it's bad for my fbg.:)

I've just been reading about honey. Every other Google link says it's fine for people who have diabetes. Every OTHER link says it's as bad as sugar if not worse. I was going to come here and ask about it or start a thread about it.
I'm glad you posted about it, because if it's bad for your FBG it's probably bad for mine too.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I've just been reading about honey. Every other Google link says it's fine for people who have diabetes. Every OTHER link says it's as bad as sugar if not worse. I was going to come here and ask about it or start a thread about it.
I'm glad you posted about it, because if it's bad for your FBG it's probably bad for mine too.

Honey actually has slightly more carbohydrates and more calories per teaspoon than does granulated sugar.

Or so I have been told.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Honey actually has slightly more carbohydrates and more calories per teaspoon than does granulated sugar.

Or so I have been told.

Honey with cinnamon is said by some to be healthful but I don't digest cinnamon or other spices well.

Reactions: ert

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
So do I :)

Cinnamon is good I put in stews and curries and such like as long as it's the genuine article from Ceylon as Cassia Cinnamon Contains Coumarin, Which Can Be Toxic.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning and I was very pleased to have broken my 7 despite what I posted previously about not getting the desire for 5s and 4s all the time. Perhaps my pleasure is due to that very herd mentality of which I posted in a later post. ;)
Wow. Great result there @SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic news @PenguinMum delighted for you. So, I awoke @midday - well 6.40 to you - and found an fbg of 4.4. Large bowl of Dr Almond popped Emmental and Micky Flanagan did sleep, resting pulse and bg good. Scales decided I need to be 11S 12 Lbs - I don't.