Blood sugar

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is this of use? Top 2 rows are hba1c in mmol/mol (UK) and % (US).
Bottom rows are the corresponding average blood sugars in mg/dl (US) and mmol/l (UK).

Both measurements are used in other countries as well of course.

image-asset.jpeg

Reactions: Franz26

Franz26

Can anybody send me a blood sugar chart converter please
You can try this:
If you convert mg/dL to mmol/L just multiply the number by 0.0555 and if you want the opposite just divide the one with the mmol/L by the 0.0555 to convert it into mg/dL

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never seen that chart before thanks for posting.My initial HbA1c of 121 looks even worse seeing that? Very sobering.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The mg/dl numbers were not mentioned at surgery and presumed were US measurements? That chart is the most easy to understand I've seen so far. Very helpful

Reactions: Antje77

Franz26

Wait i think you mean to say mmol/L and not mmol/mol. Though i think mmol/L and mg/dL are both unit of measures for blood glucose, It's the same case for pounds and kilograms different units of measure but they are both for measuring the weight of something. Just correct me if I'm wrong

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wait i think you mean to say mmol/L and not mmol/mol. Though i think mmol/L and mg/dL are both unit of measures for blood glucose, It's the same case for pounds and kilograms different units of measure but they are both for measuring the weight of something. Just correct me if I'm wrong
Hba1c's are measured in mmol/mol 's or percentages. Hba1c being the average of about 3 months of blood sugars. Mmol/l and mg/dl are two different ways to measure blood glucose by finger prick, what they are right at that moment. (One used mainly in europe/uk, the other in the us)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Have a look at post #4 above - it shows how the different units relate to each other.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can try this:
If you convert mg/dL to mmol/L just multiply the number by 0.0555 and if you want the opposite just divide the one with the mmol/L by the 0.0555 to convert it into mg/dL

and all in your head :)

Franz26

Hba1c's are measured in mmol/mol 's or percentages. Hba1c being the average of about 3 months of blood sugars. Mmol/l and mg/dl are two different ways to measure blood glucose by finger prick, what they are right at that moment. (One used mainly in europe/uk, the other in the us)
We actually use mmol/L in our country for our Hba1c. Guess it's different for everyone