HELP Trulicity 3rd injection. Side effects.

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
After some concern about the actual word ‘injection’. I took the bull by the horns and said yes to Trulicity one a week injection.

The first two went OK but this third one has caused horrid vomiting over two days and the runs today. It all began with feeling a little faint, ‘eggy’ burps and tummy ache and went downhill from there.

I’m waiting for a call from the GP to see where I go from here as the leaflet mentioned possible pancreatitis.

Has anyone experienced such symptoms with this drug and did you persevere?

Suzie57

After some concern about the actual word ‘injection’. I took the bull by the horns and said yes to Trulicity one a week injection.

The first two went OK but this third one has caused horrid vomiting over two days and the runs today. It all began with feeling a little faint, ‘eggy’ burps and tummy ache and went downhill from there.

I’m waiting for a call from the GP to see where I go from here as the leaflet mentioned possible pancreatitis.

I am also a newbie on Trulicity. I had my second injection on Saturday. I feel sick and have had diarrhoea. My appetite has gone and I can not eat quarter of what I did previously which has to be a plus. Only down side was I put on a kg and ate less!!!
I am going to perservre I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chatterbox

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
I am also a newbie on Trulicity. I had my second injection on Saturday. I feel sick and have had diarrhoea. My appetite has gone and I can not eat quarter of what I did previously which has to be a plus. Only down side was I put on a kg and ate less!!!
I am going to perservre I think

Hi Suzie57

Can I ask what a kg is? Are you on any other meds?

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Of course I know what a kg is!!!! I didn’t read that correctly, sorry. . Do you test your blood sugars?

Reactions: slikwipman

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I’m OK today. GP said possibly food poisoning but symptoms did fit with side effects. Suzie57 was your tester given by the GP? Sorry to keep asking you questions but you’re the only one that’s answered.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Chatterbox

If you do a Search (top right of screen) for Trulicity, you will see a list of all the threads on the forum that mention it, some going back years. You can then read about other people's experiences, even if they are no longer reading the forum, and not responding to you here.

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Oh sorry Brunneria. I thought we were allowed to begin threads of our own?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh sorry Brunneria. I thought we were allowed to begin threads of our own?

of course you can begin threads of your own - as you have done so.

but you are asking questions and not getting many responses from currently active members.
If you utilise the Search facility it will give you access to all the previous threads, and member experiences on the subject, going back years. You may find the answers you seek, even if the members who posted those answers did so years ago.

Shellyc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there. I just wanted to share my experience of Truivity with you. I was put on the higher dose of 1.5 in October last year. Immediate side effects of vomiting and diahorrea but the worst was the nausea. Couldn't cope as I work full time and an hours drive to work. I lasted 3 weeks on it. They reduced my dose to 0.75 and I tolerated thus no bother. My hba1c has always been high and my last reading was 108. I asked to be put on the higher dose again as I am home shielding at the mo and thought if it is as bad as the last time I could cope. So wrong!!! I only lasted 3 doses so now have been to i have to ho onto insulin. I also take gliclizide and slow release metformin

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance

If you had pancreatitis the pain would be recognisable and unforgettable

watcha

watcha

Yup... same with me. Stayed with it for a year... But gave up due to the side effects.. Even halving the dose still suffered as you did.

grandpagra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have today, had my second injection, so far so good. No reaction. I was taking, Metformin, Gliclazide and Dapagliflozin. I was told I would only be able to take Metformin alongside the Trulicity.