What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
banging tree...Liked.
Thanks for you. For one moment I thought you had written hanging tree, :joyful: it's not tall enough feet would reach the ground. Not sure it's ever been used for what you comment could suggest, maybe over the years, who knows. Thanks

@dunelm thank you for your comment on my Stile in good style. :)

@geefull whoops! I meant palate not pallet, not one of those to be seen in your painting :joyful:. Thanks to @dunelm I noticed this, my Spelling and grammar gets worse I must start taking a leaf out of @alf_Josiah appraoch to words and dictionaries.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all :)

4.6 today

It's raining on and off here today (which the plants are enjoying) and quite a bit cooler (which I'm enjoying ;)).

@ianpspurs - I started taking the magnesium after I read that diabetics can become deficient in Mg. it does help with cramp, but, I have also found that it helps with anxiety ;) and if I feel I need a quick boost I give my feet a soak with epsom salts :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - looks like an interesting app. (wonder if it's available for Android) - I like your 'experiments' so far very much ;)

@gennepher - I knew there was something I was doing wrong, obviously I don't have the wherewithal for artistic licence, I might manage a smock but definitely not a beret :hilarious:
I'm enjoying these 'Zen' monochrome paintings, they have a strong graphic quality :)

@Muddy Cyclist - once again a strong painting, I like the light balance, I know you've said it turned out a bit darker than you intended but it's very evocative of the light just breaking through on a misty morning :)

Art catch up
Thank you for your kind words on my art, much appreciated.

Two more letterboxes
no 1 - trying to get a bit more movement into the water.
View attachment 42413

no 2 - another abstractish one, quite like how it turned out :joyful:
View attachment 42411

Thank you @geefull
:)

I like both your letterbox paintings very much.
The first is amazing with all that detail you have in the small distant hills and the sky and also the water as well.
The second one, the more abstract one, it's the one I like the best. It could be anywhere, it could be any number of memories I have of marshland, or the sea, or somewhere in the Lake District. It encompasses them all. This is a brilliant one.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The words stile and style bought to mind my fathers favourite question whenever we did spelling tests. 'The farmer is sowing his field and his wife is sewing his shirt so they were both sowing/sewing, how do you spell it?' Of course we would always answer IT but there are missing words or maybe just bad grammar.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My second watercolour in the Stile Series. Again on the walk we take over Wolsley Estates as was yesterday's. This one is on the brow of a hill the path on the other side of the Stile is very undefined and trying to find the second Stile (yesterday's painting) can prove very difficult, I know the exact tree to aim for but strangers to the area do struggle. So A4 and about a hour painting.
View attachment 42414

I love this painting. It reminds me of places where I used to go walking with J.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, new guidance for weddings. This one is interesting: Hands should be washed before and after the exchanging of rings.
Very interesting what the suggested protocols are for wedding nights.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a good day today and actually managed to do some work. Not a huge amount of work but I decided to do my least favourite job - the accounts - so.am really pleased that I am.up to date with them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Temp 35.4

Dull grey clouds outside.

Small birds are feeding off the bugs on my bushes and roses and willow. A flock of long-tailedtits (sorry, I cannot put the gap in or else it will be starred), and a flock of bluetits, and some coaltits are in my garden at the moment.

My thatch on my swing is seriously depleted this year. It needs repair. But I cannot access the shop I need until this 5 mile restriction is lifted. Unless I can order something online, but it would be much cheaper to go to the shop myself and get what I need. Why is my thatch seriously depleted? Well, not only did several pairs of blackbirds in my garden steal my thatch for all their nests, it appears the bush telegraph was in operation, and blackbirds from neighbouring areas came in to get my good quality bird nesting material....

I now have 13 picture postcards to choose and write today, one long letter, two chatty emails to do, and I have just remembered another letter I forgot to reply to. And I need a birthday present, but got nothing...thinking...I might get my fude pens out because I have them in black and two lighter shades...so I might see if I can draw that little sparrow I did in the ZenBrush2 app yesterday. I think that might do as card and present in one.

What shall I paint today in the ZenBrush2 app....

I think a coffee first....

Take care.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me at the start of a new day.
Muddy Bike Ride this morning, need to do two or three hours, clear my mind, too much dwelling on what we can't do safely anymore, list seemed unbelievably long. :banghead: Also awoke this morning with many aches from my FM would be easy to just sit, Bike ride should help, usually does.

Moet at VETs for follow up check this afternoon and last of my Stile painting series to complete.

Be your day full of good things or bad I hope you find something wonderful to cherish and marvel at along the way. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all who fancy being rebuilt better by those with such a sound track record. So, I awoke @ midday - 6.40 to you - and found an fbg of 4.4. A friendly spirit whispered in my ear around my usual bedtime, have a large bowl of Dr Almond popped Emmental and watch Micky Flanagan. That did my sleep, resting pulse and bg good. The scales, however, decided I need to weigh 11S 12 Lbs - I don't. After the wedding guidance I can't wait for more well considered advice from Hodit and The Mutton Heads - new single out on Saturday. Enjoy the day but wash your hands before and after exchanging rings. I'm off to buy a biohazard suit for Percy.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Painting for today on ZenBrush2 app.

A quickie because I have a lot of stuff to do today, and the list is getting longer...
And Popeye decided to investigate the iPad when I picked it up.
He started limping a bit yesterday on his front paw. I've examined it, nothing obvious. So I have just given him a 10 minute hand reflexology session on his paw. I have never done this on him (an animal, only done it on a human) before. He is now sound asleep. So I took my chance with the iPad.

A bit of fun. I have always wanted to do a person in a boat holding an umbrella, going through a ravine. I am not good at perspective, that is using pen on actual paper, but I found it easy to do in this app.

9C048920-706A-4103-8B8B-2E89BC0FBF2B.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of fun. I have always wanted to do a person in a boat holding an umbrella, going through a ravine. I am not good at perspective, that is using pen on actual paper, but I found it easy to do in this app.
And a good bit of fun turned out an interesting sketch, perspective seems fine. Now the challenge is to use your considerable brush skills to create the similar composition on paper, monochrome with just a hint of colour, signed in the appropriate manner of course. Hope you get through the list of must get done today things, take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Temp 35.4

Dull grey clouds outside.

Small birds are feeding off the bugs on my bushes and roses and willow. A flock of long-tailedtits (sorry, I cannot put the gap in or else it will be starred), and a flock of bluetits, and some coaltits are in my garden at the moment.

My thatch on my swing is seriously depleted this year. It needs repair. But I cannot access the shop I need until this 5 mile restriction is lifted. Unless I can order something online, but it would be much cheaper to go to the shop myself and get what I need. Why is my thatch seriously depleted? Well, not only did several pairs of blackbirds in my garden steal my thatch for all their nests, it appears the bush telegraph was in operation, and blackbirds from neighbouring areas came in to get my good quality bird nesting material....

I now have 13 picture postcards to choose and write today, one long letter, two chatty emails to do, and I have just remembered another letter I forgot to reply to. And I need a birthday present, but got nothing...thinking...I might get my fude pens out because I have them in black and two lighter shades...so I might see if I can draw that little sparrow I did in the ZenBrush2 app yesterday. I think that might do as card and present in one.

What shall I paint today in the ZenBrush2 app....

I think a coffee first....

Take care.
Hand painted cards make wonderful gifts and the little sparrow sounds ideal. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a bad sleep which began on the sofa I finally lurched up to bed at 3am...cooler again today so enjoying the breeze & slight chill in the air...coffee was so goodddd waiting for the second to brew...think I may have caught up with the posts will check again later...woke to a 6.5 keep safe

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pleasantly quiet start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of heck sausages, black pudding and some halloumi cheese came in at 5.1 this am

The house forager yesterday snaffled two celeriac ‘brains’ yesterday. They have been scarcer than a scarce thing for the past couple of weeks so it’s roasties tonight and then mash, remoulade, torte, soup, rosti.
She also managed to bring half a kilo of fresh red chillis so I am on with a new batch of sriracha sauce - they will need fermenting for a week or so in brine first and a daily ‘burp’ to let out gasses. Might make some more ketchup this week if i get enough tomatoes.

We have a visitor today. Mrs Miggins had a baby sitting job last night over at our daughters and will be bringing tiny tot number 6 here this morning. We have had 15 years practice with this and have already updated our “grandparents who ignore parents, extravaganzas and overindulgence routines”. Mind you, at a mere 7 months of age, it will all be down to holding and shaking toys, a bit of messy “I can feed myself thanks very much” and probably a bit of beard pulling and glasses grabbing. I noticed that a fancy new play mat has appeared so best get that spread out in a wee while.

Have a wonderful day if you can, koffy calls practice and then a bit of a play with the zen app.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau