What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And a good bit of fun turned out an interesting sketch, perspective seems fine. Now the challenge is to use your considerable brush skills to create the similar composition on paper, monochrome with just a hint of colour, signed in the appropriate manner of course. Hope you get through the list of must get done today things, take care.

I have two versions of my christian name in Chinese. I prefer Cathy Wu's version (my Chinese teacher) for looks but it is longer and more complex, however my Chinese neighbour in Liverpool gave me another version which happens to be much simpler to write on this screen, and she explained she used the English words gem and flower to describe my name.

The 'to do' list hasn't begun yet @Muddy Cyclist because I was shopping on Etsy for unusual postcards for my postcrossing....and I am having fun. I have decided I will have more fun and enjoyment extending this 'to do' list for two days.

Cuppa first.

Massage this cat's paw again and more reflexology. He has decided he likes this new activity, and is periodically waking up, putting his sore/injured paw in my hand and asking for more treatment, then going back to sleep again.

I fear I have made a rod for my own back...

You take care too.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
A quickie because I have a lot of stuff to do today, and the most is getting longer.

A bit of fun. I have always wanted to do a person in a boat holding an umbrella, going through a ravine. I am not good at perspective, that is using pen on actual paper, but I found it easy to do in this app.

View attachment 42425
Ooh, empathy for the ever-expanding list.

Your picture today reminded me of Kerala.
While we were on one of the famous houseboats, we came around a bend in the river to see four differently coloured umbrellas in a small boat that was sideways on to us. Could not get the camera out in time for pic.

Edit; Grrr, I did write houseboat, but it was switched to playhouse.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh, empathy for the ever-expanding list.

Your picture today reminded me of Kerala.
While we were on one of the famous houseboats, we came around a bend in the river to see four differently coloured umbrellas in a small boat that was sideways on to us. Could not get the camera out in time for pic.

Edit; Grrr, I did write houseboat, but it was switched to playhouse.

Thanks @SlimLizzy

My spellcheck/predictive text/whatever changes my perfectly written text into different words and then alters the sentence, and what I get is nothing to do with the sentence I wrote absolutely perfectly in the first place. I watch helplessly as it keeps changing in front of my eyes. And can I remember what the sentence was that I initially wrote?

Some programmer is playing a joke...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.40am FBG 6.4. stupid of me to eat peanuts at bedtime.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 fbs. Had a.lovely long early morning Dog walk then we went to the farm for milk and eggs. .

Then, as the weather was so nice we decided to head off to Gooderstone Water , now it has re-opened. The water lillies have just started flowering - in a couple of weeks it will.look like a Monet painting.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
" london calling....
danny boy are you there...?
broadsword here, the Leicester dam has GONE.."

Took missus to work, traffic OMG.
back to normal and then some.

looking at Leicester, and see that many London boroughs are not far behind.

we are one of them..nice.

London LBC tonight, as there are NO briefing, though one MIGHT have expected one tonight..
(still early the late PM / early AM is when they seem to announce most stuff, weirdly )
asked all the govt and all the scientists involved on the briefings to add comment.

NOT ONE..zero.

yet this had NOT gone away and as the US points, is now involving more younger members of society
and the Leicester situation seem to be based on more children getting covid, being a major issue

yet ours are happy to tell us it's all over, and it's your civic duty to hit the pub.
and REJOICE...ala thatcher..

oh dear.

FBG 6.3
temp 36.1

life goes on, IF we protect ourselves.

saw there was fewer deaths under the Luftwaffe...
what a horrible statistic

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn’t get done as much as I wanted. I was watching the birds in my garden. The second brood of blackbirds have left, and now it is looking like maybe a third lot of blackbirds.

But I have another bird I have never seen before. It is a small bird. I know what it is not. It is not a sparrow, dunnock, wren, or greenfinch or any of the other popular small birds. It is often on the ground by my cane screening which hides some garden shelves behind it. There are containers with plants in front of the cane screening. And if I or Popeye disturb it, it flies at us making a heck of a racket with its wings. It can fly and it flies over the bungalow.

Early morning when I’m sitting in my bed I can see it fly from its same spot on the ground, in front of the cane screening, and again it flies over my bungalow. I have only seen one of this bird at a time. I am half suspicious that it might have a nest presumably near the ground behind the cane screening.

Since Popeye was attacked by the feral cat I’ve not let him out in the garden on his own, but I will allow him to walk around the garden for a bit as long as I’m there. Popeye is very interested in getting behind that cane screening but I initially fixed it quite well and a cat can’t get behind it. Tonight Popeye was yowling as though to say ‘prey’.

This little bird has been there for at least a few weeks now.

I have been looking at bird pictures and the nearest I can come to it is a woodlark. It’s not a skylark. I have had skylarks dive bomb me as I was walking across a field.

This little bird waits until we are almost upon it (neither I nor Popeye see it there on the ground), and when we get to less than a metre from it, the bird flies between us beating its wings furiously at us. And it startles both of us.

Any ideas?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
" london calling....
danny boy are you there...?
broadsword here, the Leicester dam has GONE.."

Took missus to work, traffic OMG.
back to normal and then some.

looking at Leicester, and see that many London boroughs are not far behind.

we are one of them..nice.

London LBC tonight, as there are NO briefing, though one MIGHT have expected one tonight..
(still early the late PM / early AM is when they seem to announce most stuff, weirdly )
asked all the govt and all the scientists involved on the briefings to add comment.

NOT ONE..zero.

yet this had NOT gone away and as the US points, is now involving more younger members of society
and the Leicester situation seem to be based on more children getting covid, being a major issue

yet ours are happy to tell us it's all over, and it's your civic duty to hit the pub.
and REJOICE...ala thatcher..

oh dear.

FBG 6.3
temp 36.1

life goes on, IF we protect ourselves.

saw there was fewer deaths under the Luftwaffe...
what a horrible statistic

Round here in Wales where I live @jjraak the roads are still pretty deserted of cars. But if I go to the border (a couple of minutes away) to England, it is scary how much traffic is on the Expressway (it looks back to pre-lockdown), and the traffic in England leading into Chester which is the 5 mile limit of what Wales will let us drive, again looks back to the busyness of pre-lockdown levels.

It actually feels scary to me. As though I am treading between two worlds. And then when I re-enter Wales, it doesn’t say ‘Welcome to Wales’ anymore, but it now says ‘You are entering Wales’. And then another sign under it saying ‘BE AWARE WELSH COVID RULES APPLY’

I have this sinking feeling when I drive under it, that I am entering an apocalypse movie...and I just want to get home...

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh still haven't done mine
I may have done well yesterday but today have done absolutely no work. But we have had a lovely day in the countryside then relaxed and read our newspapers and books. I do feel guilty to not doing any work but really I shouldn't.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Bike Ride for 3 hours cleared my mind and helped the aches. However the amount of litter, bottles, cans and I counted 5 discarded medical masks all in different places all in beautiful countryside away from roads and car parks, what is going on, why are people doing this? It's never been a problem before are these a different set of visitors so depressing.

Moet Labrador visit to vets went well, usual hand over in car park and wait, usual alarming bill after 5 minutes in VETs.

Last of my Stile Watercolours, moved a little north of home into Derbyshire and this is a Stile I have often walked through just outside Tissington, the bridge in the distance is the Tissington Trail which is a disused railway line from Ashbourne to Buxton.
Not sure it's what I was trying to capture, I wanted more drama for this third painting, may have to do this one again to try for dramatic.
IMG_20200630_185622_edit.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Round here in Wales where I live @jjraak the roads are still pretty deserted of cars. But if I go to the border (a couple of minutes away) to England, it is scary how much traffic is on the Expressway (it looks back to pre-lockdown), and the traffic in England leading into Chester which is the 5 mile limit of what Wales will let us drive, again looks back to the busyness of pre-lockdown levels.

It actually feels scary to me. As though I am treading between two worlds. And then when I re-enter Wales, it doesn’t say ‘Welcome to Wales’ anymore, but it now says ‘You are entering Wales’. And then another sign under it saying ‘BE AWARE WELSH COVID RULES APPLY’

I have this sinking feeling when I drive under it, that I am entering an apocalypse movie...and I just want to get home...

we seem awash with ."MUST SHOP & DRINK" here

and "STAY SAFE" in other nations

..sure there IS a middle ground.
just currently not sure we laid the land properly for those green shoots of recovery to shine through

suspect it will be a weed wonderland where every new shoot is strangled by the weeds of covid
as we enter into re-lock far too many times while other distant nations thrive having taken the proper steps day one.

i wonder if we both think the others grass is greener..?

missus lamenting the solitude of the park pre Lockdown,
now every where she liked is covered by those not masking and unable to SD.

BUT... we can now go to TKMax & Primark, with a small (ish..mmhh ) risk of contracting covid..so whoop whoop.

win win..apparently.

stay safe.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I don't think your grass is greener @jjraak

But I do need to have those allocated 5 miles distance I can travel to obtain my essential food supplies. For me and cat. This is where I shopped before in England, before lockdown. They were much easier shops to shop in for a disabled person on a mobility scooter, than those near me in Wales.

The Welsh government site now says, if you live by the border to England, then you may drive those 5 miles into England for essential supplies (but not the other English shops). But it also says that is your limit of driving. You may not drive any further because you are still bound by Welsh rules even though you are in England. There is actually a circular map showing how far I may drive into England. It looks more than 5 miles to me. But I only want and need to go to this retail park. I have no desire to travel any further into England at this current time, nor in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Muddy Bike Ride for 3 hours cleared my mind and helped the aches. However the amount of litter, bottles, cans and I counted 5 discarded medical masks all in different places all in beautiful countryside away from roads and car parks, what is going on, why are people doing this? It's never been a problem before are these a different set of visitors so depressing.

Moet Labrador visit to vets went well, usual hand over in car park and wait, usual alarming bill after 5 minutes in VETs.

Last of my Stile Watercolours, moved a little north of home into Derbyshire and this is a Stile I have often walked through just outside Tissington, the bridge in the distance is the Tissington Trail which is a disused railway line from Ashbourne to Buxton.
Not sure it's what I was trying to capture, I wanted more drama for this third painting, may have to do this one again to try for dramatic.
View attachment 42430
I love this painting @Muddy Cyclist
Reminds me of my walks with J in the hills above Buxton many years ago.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a nephew who is a nurse in Newzeland and he says that the people out there can't believe the mess UK have/are making of the situation. He says looking in on it rather than being here one can see and worries about the disaster that is unfurling.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
But I have another bird I have never seen before. It is a small bird. I know what it is not. It is not a sparrow, dunnock, wren, or greenfinch or any of the other popular small birds. It is often on the ground by my cane screening which hides some garden shelves behind it. There are containers with plants in front of the cane screening. And if I or Popeye disturb it, it flies at us making a heck of a racket with its wings. It can fly and it flies over the bungalow.

Early morning when I’m sitting in my bed I can see it fly from its same spot on the ground, in front of the cane screening, and again it flies over my bungalow. I have only seen one of this bird at a time. I am half suspicious that it might have a nest presumably near the ground behind the cane screening.

Since Popeye was attacked by the feral cat I’ve not let him out in the garden on his own, but I will allow him to walk around the garden for a bit as long as I’m there. Popeye is very interested in getting behind that cane screening but I initially fixed it quite well and a cat can’t get behind it. Tonight Popeye was yowling as though to say ‘prey’.

This little bird has been there for at least a few weeks now.

I have been looking at bird pictures and the nearest I can come to it is a woodlark. It’s not a skylark. I have had skylarks dive bomb me as I was walking across a field.

This little bird waits until we are almost upon it (neither I nor Popeye see it there on the ground), and when we get to less than a metre from it, the bird flies between us beating its wings furiously at us. And it startles both of us.

Any ideas?
TO quote Bill Oddie, i believe this would be called an LBJ. OR Little Brown Job.
Can't help more than that, sorry.