What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think your grass is greener @jjraak

But I do need to have those allocated 5 miles distance I can travel to obtain my essential food supplies. For me and cat. This is where I shopped before in England, before lockdown. They were much easier shops to shop in for a disabled person on a mobility scooter, than those near me in Wales.

The Welsh government site now says, if you live by the border to England, then you may drive those 5 miles into England for essential supplies (but not the other English shops). But it also says that is your limit of driving. You may not drive any further because you are still bound by Welsh rules even though you are in England. There is actually a circular map showing how far I may drive into England. It looks more than 5 miles to me. But I only want and need to go to this retail park. I have no desire to travel any further into England at this current time, nor in the near future.

Yeah, that certain middle ground, i spoke of
would be good

A rather confusing rule.if understandable.

Leave one country, normal entails adopting the other countries rules, not maintaining your own, very peculiar, but these are peculiar days.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me this drizzling day.

Tesco forage day, early as usual. Then visit to MILs bungalow to check all is well.

Keep plodding on and face the day with valour and sensibility. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.9

Dull grey day, not a leaf is moving in the garden.
Having my cuppa.
Cat is sleeping.
I am nibbling cheese....

Take care.

Have a good day.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45am FBG 5.3
Hungry this morning.
Day in the garden planned, but raining :(
Maybe find indoor occupation.
Deal with the excess courgettes perhaps?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In ZenBrush2 app
Daily painting for the 1st
Say rabbit three times

C1B0EF67-530C-48A7-B127-22766C1CB74C.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Courgettes are definitely a cold climate vegetable, they are breeding in the fridge.
20200628_225734.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn’t get done as much as I wanted. I was watching the birds in my garden. The second brood of blackbirds have left, and now it is looking like maybe a third lot of blackbirds.

But I have another bird I have never seen before. It is a small bird. I know what it is not. It is not a sparrow, dunnock, wren, or greenfinch or any of the other popular small birds. It is often on the ground by my cane screening which hides some garden shelves behind it. There are containers with plants in front of the cane screening. And if I or Popeye disturb it, it flies at us making a heck of a racket with its wings. It can fly and it flies over the bungalow.

Early morning when I’m sitting in my bed I can see it fly from its same spot on the ground, in front of the cane screening, and again it flies over my bungalow. I have only seen one of this bird at a time. I am half suspicious that it might have a nest presumably near the ground behind the cane screening.

Since Popeye was attacked by the feral cat I’ve not let him out in the garden on his own, but I will allow him to walk around the garden for a bit as long as I’m there. Popeye is very interested in getting behind that cane screening but I initially fixed it quite well and a cat can’t get behind it. Tonight Popeye was yowling as though to say ‘prey’.

This little bird has been there for at least a few weeks now.

I have been looking at bird pictures and the nearest I can come to it is a woodlark. It’s not a skylark. I have had skylarks dive bomb me as I was walking across a field.

This little bird waits until we are almost upon it (neither I nor Popeye see it there on the ground), and when we get to less than a metre from it, the bird flies between us beating its wings furiously at us. And it startles both of us.

Any ideas?
I would first have guessed dunnock, we have one who visits, just the one. Perhaps some sort of Warbler or woodlark ? Only a guess.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would first have guessed dunnock, we have one who visits, just the one. Perhaps some sort of Warbler or woodlark ? Only a guess.
Thanks @dunelm
It is not a dunnock.
I will have a look at Warblers on my device when I go and sit on my swing in a minute. Woodlark is the nearest I can guess so far.
I need to be half gazing in that direction where it flies from, as I am working on my writing, to stand a chance of seeing it in more detail as it flies.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy July 1st. So yesterday brought the promise of a chicken in every pot and 2 cars in every garage coupled with bigger and better Lincoln Tunnels, Hoover Dams and all for £100 a head. Can you buy a decent light fitting for £100? Fbg via Libre 4.4. Last day of this sensor so may be wrongly low BUT I don't have it in me to handle managing this condition any other way. However, assuming my now great age has shrunk me a tad I can't be carrying 11 stone 12 (75.3 kgs) around for long. @Muddy Cyclist interesting observation from your relative in New Zealand but Hodit and his puppet master have concluded they have escaped any consequences of their actions and are free to do and say whatever they want for another 4.5 years. Enjoy your foraging.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, it’s International Bin Day here in the dark and dangerous north and recycling bin and garden bin are out on parade.

The wonder wheel of pan roasted and then braised celeriac steaks with fava beans, a couple of heck sausages and persillade came in at 4.9 this am.

Visit by youngest granddaughter yesterday went well. She arrived at 0900 and mum picked her up at 1600. Played two new games called, “I will show you how I roll onto my tummy but you will have to sit me back up” and “what can you fit into your mouth.” The 2 hour afternoon nap went well - I really needed it.

Derbyshire - @Muddy Cyclist - evokes very good memories.

A ham sandwich walks into a bar and asks for a pint of beer.
The bar tender says we don’t open until Saturday and we don’t serve food.

Have the very best day that you can, koffy, koffy, koffy.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy July 1st. So yesterday brought the promise of a chicken in every pot and 2 cars in every garage coupled with bigger and better Lincoln Tunnels, Hoover Dams and all for £100 a head. Can you buy a decent light fitting for £100? Fbg via Libre 4.4. Last day of this sensor so may be wrongly low BUT I don't have it in me to handle managing this condition any other way. However, assuming my now great age has shrunk me a tad I can't be carrying 11 stone 12 (75.3 kgs) around for long. @Muddy Cyclist interesting observation from your relative in New Zealand but Hodit and his puppet master have concluded they have escaped any consequences of their actions and are free to do and say whatever they want for another 4.5 years. Enjoy your foraging.
Winner for the Fbg - wonder when the land of milk and honey illusion will fade - can’t last long as we are all going to just get on with it, at speed, and so very cost efficiently.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Courgettes are definitely a cold climate vegetable, they are breeding in the fridge.View attachment 42434
There are six more today, yesterday made and froze: Herb roasted courgette batons, Tuna and courgette fritters, gave three away, and still have no less than I started with.
20200630_204952.jpeg
20200701_170559.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are six more today, yesterday made and froze: Herb roasted courgette batons, Tuna and courgette fritters, gave three away, and still have no less than I started with.View attachment 42444View attachment 42445
Looks great.
Any thought on pickling?
I use this recipe but swap the sugar for stevia. No idea what they are waffling on about with the salt - I just use the stuff that my brother in law gives me from Noirmoutier.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/crunchy-courgette-pickle

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The 5.8. Had a really good day workwise. One job I have been putting off is doing guidelines for class members on starting back to classes safely. Job now completed so can cross it off the 'to do' list.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.2 today

We were away most of the day yesterday on 'car' business ;) and up early today for the weekly shop. Quite a few people out early shopping this morning but we managed to get most everything so that's a winner.
Driving back into the village we saw that some bright spark/s had chucked empty cans along the grass verge one every few yards all the way to the top of the hill :( not a problem we have often but one we occasionally do get when there are visitors about in the Summer (also many abandoned single shoes for some reason :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - rabbits, rabbits - that's my families version of the good luck greeting for the first of the month, my siblings and I follow our mum's lead by text :joyful: I'm liking the mountain perspective in your zen sketch :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Litter! Yuck! my sympathies for all who are finding their usually quiet areas rubbish strewn :sorry: but I'm glad Moet's vet visit went well :)
A splendid tree in your second painting, it glows and stands strongly as the focus of the painting, the third stile painting is lovely, I spent quite a lot of time in Derbyshire in my 'youth' and the whole area of Yorkshire/Derbyshire holds so many joyfull memories :joyful: those walls and the little (railway?) arch feel just so familiar to me :)

art catch up for today - quite small just a bit bigger than A6

upload_2020-7-1_19-5-49.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A strange day with some nice moments. Visit to MILs bungalow meant we also popped in to catch up with a cousin in their garden. They know someone looking for a bungalow as his wife can't get upstairs and so Thursday we are back to meet them and see if he is interested in buying. All seems strange as MIL is still alive and kicking in the nursing home, but it needs to be sold before winter, all feels very complicated but Mrs MC does have power of attorney so can be done and money will go into MILs account, an end to another chapter. Of course lots of learning, legality of selling, solicitor or no solicitor, deeds, landregister and all that goes with how payment made, life seems to have just got a bit more complicated.

So painting not much today, quickly knocked together some ideas for Friday Family Challenge which is 'Beetles'. I have done nothing original just drawn and painted some images, quite pleased with my Beetle though. I am also learning the song Yesterday to play and sing, never done it before in all the years of performing, not easy.
IMG_20200701_182024_edit.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher our Zen expert, keep up the experimenting, good for keeping young. As the song says, 'Stay young keep your wheels in motion" or for the rockers amongst you, 'Stay young with your Rock n Rolling, for the best things in life are free', great song, love performing it.

Reactions: ianpspurs