Said I’d keep u Update so here it is ..

Digsysdinner

Hi Don’t have diabetes but have been having diabetes symptoms... blood sugars in teens and twenty’s after exercise and food but Stays in normal numbers if l stay at home. blurred vision, red eyes on a morning , palpitations, sudden feeling sick weak, sudden sleep, constant buzzing in legs from knee down, one pupil bigger than other. So the story so far has been... I had an ac1 blood done and it was normal at 28. Did a fasting blood test and came back normal. Doctor says it looks like I don’t have diabetes. He says I have to write a diary of how many times a day i go to the toilet And he’s going to look at my eyes on Monday. Does anyone know what other reason my blood sugar would do this thanks.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. There are rarer forms of diabetes such as MODY and Reactive Hyperglycemia etc which might be an explanation. Have look round the forum for the less common forms of diabetes.

Reactions: Digsysdinner

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did notice when I ate 1/2 a grapefruit It shot up to 16. Maybe that’s normal I don’t know ‍♀️

Hi there, I know your hb1ac was perfect but I can't imagine numbers in the 20s and teens as being normal no matter what you eat or how you exercise. Lots of non diabetics do sometimes go into the 10s,maybe 11s or higher but the 20s? I do hope you find out why this is happening, I wouldn't be happy being told I was fine. x

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I did notice when I ate 1/2 a grapefruit It shot up to 16. Maybe that’s normal I don’t know ‍♀️
Are you using a glucometer? Do you wash your hands with plain soap/hand sanitiser before finger pricking? If you have grapefruit on your hand then that would explain the reading. Also, moisturisers can also cause this.

Digsysdinner

To be fair I don’t wash my hands every time I use the glucometer but if it starts going high I wash my hands and check it again. It’s very strange. I’ll update again in a few weeks. I can cope with pain and red eyes and so on but it’s the sudden sleep/passing out that’s ruining my life. Thankyou for all your reply’s x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
To be fair I don’t wash my hands every time I use the glucometer but if it starts going high I wash my hands and check it again. It’s very strange. I’ll update again in a few weeks. I can cope with pain and red eyes and so on but it’s the sudden sleep/passing out that’s ruining my life. Thankyou for all your reply’s x

I'll say it because I'm having trouble believing that your hba1c results are consistant with those levels. though I suppose you could be spending long periods of the night very low? There are circumstances, in particular certain blood conditions, that can make hba1c results inaccurate.
https://www.goodrx.com/blog/could-your-hba1c-diabetes-test-be-wrong/
The back up test is a fructosamine.

Good luck, hopefully it all gets sorted soon.