Keto protein shakes

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So I’m on trulicity and that causes acid reflux.
I exercise first thing before breakfast to make it more comfortable. But there is an event this weekend and the workouts are during the day.
Someone recommended keto protein shakes.
I know nothing about them. I only really need it fir this weekend so don’t want to spend loads of money.
Are they any good? Are they rubbish? Any recommendations!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I’m on trulicity and that causes acid reflux.
I exercise first thing before breakfast to make it more comfortable. But there is an event this weekend and the workouts are during the day.
Someone recommended keto protein shakes.
I know nothing about them. I only really need it fir this weekend so don’t want to spend loads of money.
Are they any good? Are they rubbish? Any recommendations!

Hi woollygal - I have no experience of shakes, so can't comment there.

If exercise is a known successful way of dealing with this for you, is there any reason you can't exercise before your event?

Purely from curiosity; does Trulicity give you reflux every day?

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I use isopure whey protein, zero carb.

Reactions: woollygal

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Hi woollygal - I have no experience of shakes, so can't comment there.

If exercise is a known successful way of dealing with this for you, is there any reason you can't exercise before your event?

Purely from curiosity; does Trulicity give you reflux every day?[

event is online and at the earliest won’t start till 9. It’s all online event by Davina McCall and so it’s got workouts all day etc. Doubt I’d do all of them but was hoping to do at least one lol.
Not every day. I went for ages without it but it comes and goes. I’ve got omeprazole.

I’m thinking it might also be tied into stress because in the last week or two I’ve been super stressed as the uncertainty of going back to work and then the decision that we could restart. Last Thursday when we found out I was exceptionally stressed and the next day it was bad,
And what I eat, if I eat bad stuff it tends to be worse (although this week hasn’t been good for it] had a bad day food wise on Monday but been great since then and it’s there a bit today. But not as bad as yesterday.
I know it’s a side effect of trulicity.