What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I mostly use watercolour although I do enjoy oils and acrylic which I tend to apply with a pallet knife. Maybe some sea cliffs as my next series, will do some sketches and see if they inspire me.

Sea cliffs as suggested sounds good.
I was going to suggest Yorkshire moors @Muddy Cyclist

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

a quietish day today with just a quick trip out over to mum's to take mum to collect her pension from the nearest town :)

It's rained on and off all day but we managed a quick walk :joyful: mr gee says I must be 'lucky' since a bird p**ped on my head :banghead:, cue for another shower :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - thank you so much for the useful information you provided about apps, it's all very well reading the reviews but words of wisdom from someone who has tried them out is invaluable. I'm going to download a couple and see how I go ;) - your trees are very successful, especially considering how small a screen you were working on :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs to you and mrs MC, it's such a difficult position for you both to be in, a complete balancing act :(
I love your finished painting and once again I admire your colour work in the foreground particularly :joyful:

Arty bits -
I'm going to try out a couple of apps. but I'm also putting together a small portable kit built around the Daler Rowney sketching box I have, I've ordered a (nail) brush which can be opened and recapped like a pen, quite jazzy, it's pink with silver dots but I don't see that that would preclude it being a decent portable brush :D

- supposed to be a stack of hay bales - not too sure the sky in this works, tried using a different red and it didn't 'dry back' as much as some do
upload_2020-7-3_19-36-22.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - hugs to you and mrs MC, it's such a difficult position for you both to be in, a complete balancing act :(
I love your finished painting and once again I admire your colour work in the foreground particularly :joyful:
Thankyou, balancing act sums it all up. My foregrounds are nothing technical just a long rigger brush covered in paint and layed on the paper length ways and then trust the colours merge appropriately a lot of luck involved.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sea cliffs as suggested sounds good.
I was going to suggest Yorkshire moors @Muddy Cyclist
The Yorkshire Moors also sound a good subject, unfortunately I would have to work from photographs as I have never done any Plein Sir sketches in the area. I will start with Sea Cliffs and give some thought to the moors.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Muddy,
A nice painting, what medium do you paint in?
Those standing stones looked shaped like stone tools.

When I have visited the far southwest of Wales I thought the coast and cliffs very scenic. The islands of Skomer and Ramsey would be great subjects for painting.

There is a local artist up here in the north Lakes, living near the fells he has got the texture of rocks and mountains very near perfect for a 3d effect that doesn't look like a photo.

Best wishes with your painting
Derek
Ps I keep threatening to try some the techniques that guy on BBC4 uses. The way he produces sky, trees and water is amazing.

welcome to the thread..:)

and another artist willing to present their art..?

always welcome:D

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

a quietish day today with just a quick trip out over to mum's to take mum to collect her pension from the nearest town :)

It's rained on and off all day but we managed a quick walk :joyful: mr gee says I must be 'lucky' since a bird p**ped on my head :banghead:, cue for another shower :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - thank you so much for the useful information you provided about apps, it's all very well reading the reviews but words of wisdom from someone who has tried them out is invaluable. I'm going to download a couple and see how I go ;) - your trees are very successful, especially considering how small a screen you were working on :)

Arty bits -
I'm going to try out a couple of apps. but I'm also putting together a small portable kit built around the Daler Rowney sketching box I have, I've ordered a (nail) brush which can be opened and recapped like a pen, quite jazzy, it's pink with silver dots but I don't see that that would preclude it being a decent portable brush :D

- supposed to be a stack of hay bales - not too sure the sky in this works, tried using a different red and it didn't 'dry back' as much as some do
View attachment 42501

Thank you @geefull
I was hoping it would be useful.

I didn’t know it would be possible to draw on the tiny screen. So I tried!

I can see your hay bales :)
It isn’t an easy thing to do!

I like the light at the end of the lane in inviting you to go up there.

The sky is good, it sweeps you round the end of the lane into the light...

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
4.7 this morning, 36 hours into a 36 hour fast.
I’m on the fence on whether I should eat or continue on. I’m not hungry, but food is all I can think about lol.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet here so far today. Is everyone down the pub already? So, I had 4.5 Libre reader, 4.7 phone, relieved Mafeking 4.9, weighed, trotted downstairs, looked after pups, made tea and decided UK had gone to hell in a handcart, 5.4. Terms and conditions apply, you will not own this condition but by cracky it is a pig to deal with sensibly. Salmon skin was spiffing last night but should I even be eating salmon? - Andreas, Jason, help! OH, macros, my bad. Now, off you go to The Vole and Paraquat for a flagon of Stoats Jockstrap. Then pop into the hairdressers for light relief (depends on bladder control) but you'l need to wait for the nail bar @dunelm

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quiet here so far today. Is everyone down the pub already? So, I had 4.5 Libre reader, 4.7 phone, relieved Mafeking 4.9, weighed, trotted downstairs, looked after pups, made tea and decided UK had gone to hell in a handcart, 5.4. Terms and conditions apply, you will not own this condition but by cracky it is a pig to deal with sensibly. Salmon skin was spiffing last night but should I even be eating salmon? - Andreas, Jason, help! OH, macros, my bad. Now, off you go to The Vole and Paraquat for a flagon of Stoats Jockstrap. Then pop into the hairdressers for light relief (depends on bladder control) but you'l need to wait for the nail bar @dunelm
I thought I would give the 6am pub a miss this morning @ianpspurs but has it got its wifi up and running yet?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Can't make up my mind, Muddy BIke Ride or not, warm but looking like rain, should be quiet out there as most people will be either at the pub or travelling to the coast.

Keep safe, and I hope your day is kind to you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning, 36 hours into a 36 hour fast.
I’m on the fence on whether I should eat or continue on. I’m not hungry, but food is all I can think about lol.

Hi @LaoDan welcome here
A good fbg number.

I have never done any longer than a 24 hr fast since diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. No reason that I haven gone on longer.

I think it depends on how previous fasts worked out.

I would be thinking about food!!!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now, off you go to The Vole and Paraquat for a flagon of Stoats Jockstrap. Then pop into the hairdressers for light relief (depends on bladder control)
I'm lucky, no pubs or hairdresser on any of my Muddy Bike routes so can't be tempted, bladder control not a problem as there are many trees although non of them are lavortrees :joyful:. Enjoy your tipple and head massage.:)