Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
What levels are you getting / should be getting / trying to get

My current 90 day average is 7.7 just wondering is that a good sign with just overvalued year into it

Reactions: ert

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Time In Target/Range is the preferred thing to go off of these days but think my 90 day average at the moment is 6mmol xx

C

CelalDari

My 90 day average on the Freestyle Libre is 6.6 mmol/L which is good I guess. A good average glucose should be around 5-7 I guess.

But that is only part of the picture just like your HbA1c you need to consider how many hypers and hypos you are getting because your average glucose may look alright but you might be getting a lot of hypos which balance out the hypers like me.

Your average glucose does seem toward the higher side though

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I aim for 5 at home and 6-7 when I’m working as I drive for a job.

My 90 day average is 6.2 with a standard deviation of 1.3 and I’m 92% in the Dexcom 4-8mmol target range.

I can only do this with my closed loop artificial pancreas system and a very low carb diet, however. No way could it be possible (for me) with injections, finger pricks and a regular carby diet. I’ve been T1 for 22 years.

Maybe have a chat with your team to see what you should aim for?

Reactions: kev-w

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Thanks everyone, since originall posting ive got it down to 6.6 over the past 3 weeks, som readings go slightly high and some low for whatever reason , but im aiming for a 5-5.5 by my next check up ( october )

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What levels are you getting / should be getting / trying to get

My current 90 day average is 7.7 just wondering is that a good sign with just overvalued year into it
Im a realist and love life but i obv want to be safe so i try to keep under 10 ...some days up some days down (avoiding hypos most important )! ...i dont fret if i go to 11 or 12 on an odd day .. 80% in target every month ..happy days everyone is differant ...get to like your own happy space with this beast x

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
NICE supports adults with type 1 diabetes to aim for a target HbA1c level of 48 mmol/mol (6.5%) or lower, to minimise the risk of long‑term vascular complications. This is a 3 month average of 7.8 mmol/L.
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng17/chapter/1-Recommendations

However, they're now more interested in time in target.

My 3-month average is 5.7 mmol/L on X-Drip and 5.5 mmol/L on the Libre. I think the X-Drip is more likely as it's calibrated.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
While a good 3mth average keep the NHS happy it is more important to avoid highs and lows - the average masks these but they are what cause damage and increase your risks.