Lost my first stone

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys, just wanted to say, after 2 months since type 2 diagnosis, iv lost my first 1 stone, and im feeling pretty chuffed. Thanks for all your support, heres to more hard work

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done.. are you monitoring blood sugars too?
Have they reduced?
Thanks, yes im keeping up with my checks, between 5.0-6.0 ,to be honest theyv been a bit low, so iv been advised to incorperate some sugary things in my diet. Would you recommend that? . Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, yes im keeping up with my checks, between 5.0-6.0 ,to be honest theyv been a bit low, so iv been advised to incorperate some sugary things in my diet. Would you recommend that? . Thanks
No way would I ever recommend sugar.. 5-6 is fine maybe ask about reducing medication if you are going low. How low have you seen?

Reactions: Andykopgod

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No way would I ever recommend sugar.. 5-6 is fine maybe ask about reducing medication if you are going low. How low have you seen?
Iv had a few 4.1s, felt dizzy and had the shakes. Im a carer as well so iv heard if it goes below 4.0 you cant drive? Iv got my 3month check coming up, il mention it to the nurse . Yeah i agree, no sugar, do you used splenda or sugar sibstitute?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First off well done on the weight loss! It's really great feeling isn't it?

That seems really poor advice to me. Your profile days you are on oral medications, first port of call should be reducing that rather than adding sugar surely? It seems totally counter intuitive

My mind boggles to be honest
I read you are on glicazide? Maybe that's a good starting point to reduce/remove?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
do you used splenda or sugar sibstitute?
No I have virtually given up "sweet" as a flavour I look for at all. Even milk now tastes sweet to me.
I just went cold turkey avoided it for a month and haven't missed it since.
Replaced it with tastier fats like cream in coffee.