What's your weight loss today/this week?

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all those trying to lose weight.

I have been following the thread regarding BG levels in the morning and thought it would be a good idea to have a similar thread to record weight loss-like a diet club but without the expense :lol:

There have been so many success stories on this forum and it always inspires me to read success stories and see how other people manage with their weight issues.

I was at my heaviest weight ever and, just prior to diagnosis, lost 8lbs (might I add that I was still stuffing my face with junk at that time but now know it was another symptom of diabetes-maybe I should have kept sugar higher for longer :wink: )

Anyway, since being diagnosed 4 weeks ago and changeing my diet drastically, I have only lost 3lbs to date. My current weight is 14st 1lb. ( I had hoped to get into a wee size 10 number for Christmas!!)

Look forward to reading other weight stories and sharing experiences and tips.

Marina x

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Marina,

Don't sniff at 3lbs in less than a month, that sounds like a good sustainable loss. If you can keep it up until next Christmas, you'll be proper slinky.

A few lbs of real fat loss is worth much more than the 7 or 8lbs of water you can lose from your liver when you start a drastic new diet (and that will go right back on again after you start eating normally).

Well done, and keep it up!

Stephen

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Stephen.

It sounds good when you say it like that. :)

Maybe I'll miss out this Christmas and just work towards next Christmas. :lol:

Marina

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I've lost 2 stone 9 lbs since 1 July with a reduced carb/low fat diet and exercise. Weight loss this week is 2 lbs.

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I started on the weight loss path in May. Stuck to my diet etc but found a new medication had slowed my thyroid dow so I put on 20 lbs! Stopped that particular tablet and for 5 weeks stayed the same. I have now started to lose the extra weight. I weighed in originally at 21st 5lbs. I am now 20st 8lbs. I have steadily lost 1lb a week. A combination of WW and Lower carbing.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I weighed 298lb on diagnosis in April 2010.

I got this down to 242lb by September 19th 2011, by following Atkins Induction Phase but with a bit of extra slack occasionally. A 4 stone loss.

Went off the rails a bit after that (I was probably eating 100g - 150g carb daily) and put 14lb back in 4 weeks - a whole stone! :shock: :oops:

Back on my diet again now; I lost 7 of those 14lbs last week.

I'm more concerned with my blood glucose readings than my weight. My basic diet keeps these well under control, and they were not out of Type 2 target range even on the extra carbs. My HbA1c has gone from 6.5 (April 2010) to 5.2 (September 19th 2011).

A good idea to have a 'weigh-in' once a week - keeps the mind focused!

Viv 8)

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just off to WW to be weighed. Got a bit of a shock this morning. The Dr rang to tell me that my thyroid was underfunctioning quite badly. I told them this back in April when I put on one and a half stone in about a month. However I kept on with my Lower carb diet and eventually started to lose this. I now lose on average 1lb a week. So being positive, when I start taking the thyroxine or whatever then I hope to lose more than this each week by doing the same. The difficulty is I now have to wait 2 weeks for a Drs appointment. I have my flu jab tomorrow so will try to persuade them to give me an earlier appintment.
My IFCC was 62.8 so if I have converted correctly it's 7.9. so hopefully I can get that to go lower as well.
Stayed the same at WW to-night I was pleased that I hadn't put any on though.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I have only lost 1lb this week. :( I know it's better than nothing but am very impatient.
I had thought with the amount of rubbish that I have cut out of my diet since being diagnosed 4 weeks ago (seems longer :eek: ) that the weight would be falling off me. :!:
Think I will have to review my strategy.
I have been snacking on nuts (which I know are high in cals although low carb) and 70% or 80% chocolate. I am going to try and cut these out and hopefully get better results. I also know I need to exercise more :oops: so my goal this weekend is to look out the wii fit again.
Hopefully will have better results next week.

Well done to everyone who has posted with their great results. It is inspirational reading them all.
Keep up the good work (and pass on any good tips)

Marina

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I lost 2 lbs this week. I'd like to get at least another 10lb off before Christmas.

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
2 lbs lost this week.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Morning Marina, good thread.

Even after my day of craziness this week, I have a 2 pound loss.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just as I thought-my scales are knackered :lol:

Was at dietician on Wednesday and she weighed me. I have lost 7lbs since being diagnosed at end of September :D

Bought new scales and will start again from today-current weight 13st 12lbs (first thing this morning on nice new scales :) )

storm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been going to Slimming World for the weekly weigh in :shock:

I lost 3lbs this week. I have been loosing around 1 to 2lbs a week. I have lost about 3 stone since diagnosis, another stone to go and I will be merly very fat rather than obese :lol:

didie

Dislikes
Another 2lbs away this week :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
2lbs here too..have packed in the crisps completely ( :( ) so will see if that makes a difference.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I weigh myself at the gym each monday, this week I can hardly stand up coz of sciatic pain (did win the badminton match that made it worse though!) so I'm having a week off weighing myself as I can't exercise. Hope, that in 8 days time I'll be back fit and healthy with a weight loss to brag about!

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1lb on at WW on Wednesday- but after trialling my breadmachine what could I expect!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Stayed the same. Must be the lentils! :lol:

Viv 8)