What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum you are far from clueless - things will come right. Mine was 4.9 today. Actual level higher than ideal but food choices I made and method of offsetting them worked which frequently isn't the case for me or others. Recognisable Sunday roast (rib of beef) with carby elements (new potato and new carrot, 1 roast onion, head of broccoli roasted from frozen, 1 pepper and tomato plus gravy :). 1 glass of Tempranillo - compromise. I did at least 1000 steps every hr from eating until bed time. Not perfect but acceptable compromises. 2 big T2 related anniversaries for me this week
Thanks Ian though its hard to fathom. Slept ok ate chicken and broccoli only. Hope its not the two gins beforehand lol. I like the sound of all your dinner inc Tempranillo. My favourite wine is Ribera del Duero but only makes economic sense in Espana. Happy dual anniversaries I go up a year on Wed which is not worth marking without all my boys.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4,2 this morning it was. Drove down to Oxford this morning and back in the afternoon no one feels like cooking so have much against my better judgment agreed to a take away .

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.8 this morning. My new sensor caused my MM to alarm three times overnight. Hopefully, with all the new calibrations, it will settle down. Advice is to place it on my arm 24 hours before activating it. Something I must try.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 . If the weather wasn’t so awful I would turn a few carwheels up the road. As it is, I will celebrate with an extra slice of lemon in my glass of filtered water.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Read somewhere on this forum about how to grow ginger from supermarket ginger root. Now I’ve got a ginger plant. Who would have guessed I had green fingers
Ooh, I like that idea. Have been planting seeds and fighting the slugs and pigeons who seem to think my offerings are lunch. Maybe they would not like ginger. Will have a try.

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
Good morning to all - happy today as I received my hba1c results - down to 39 and my reading this morning was 4.9 so an extra happy day!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to all - happy today as I received my hba1c results - down to 39 and my reading this morning was 4.9 so an extra happy day!!
A day for congratulations, basking in the righteous light of hard work and dedication being rewarded. The road ahead stretches far and flat. Good man yourself.

Last edited: