What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, my planned escape went well and I trundled off to the village. I've been bemoaning the lack of a barber for a while and as I arrived I saw they were now open. A new barber/student greeted me at the door and said I had to make an appointment but my barber shouts out from the back that she will see me now. So excited, and now I have normal (for me) hair once more :)

I was very impressed with my barber's setup, sections all screened, disposable 'bibs' and they all wore a full face mask and gloves. I had my mask on. Price had increased by 50p but I can live with that.

Meanwhile, back at Ground Zero, her ladyship has fired an enraged missive in the direction of the builder, for some unknown reason she is expecting a dutiful cap in hand reply. Even I know this is going to end badly for her and I have warned the chap further down the hill as he is a known brickie/plasterer. He is currently on the M5 heading south for a week :)
Glad the walk and trip to the barber went well. Hide the trowel and spirit level pronto.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished the first attemp at Shugbourgh Halls Folly Triumphal Arch in oils. Dark and foreboding is the effect needed, need to work some more on the tree and cleaner lines on the arch. A2 size oils. Image slightly out of focus...

IMG_3447.JPG

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished the first attemp at Shugbourgh Halls Folly Triumphal Arch in oils. Dark and foreboding is the effect needed, need to work some more on the tree and cleaner lines on the arch. A2 size oils. Image slightly out of focus...

View attachment 42539
The client is extremely blessed to have such a talented and caring artist working on their behalf. We are also blessed to be able to share the work for free. Talented artist, musician, source of great stories for grandchildren and children, cyclist extraordinaire. Who knows what other talents you keep quiet. Top man.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This site wouldn’t load this morning...

Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.9

Officially, I can drive further now, Wales has released us from lockdown a little more. I have been psyching myself up all night (kept waking up), to go and visit the ice cream shop in England today. However, I psych myself up to go essential shopping, and then I say nah, not today and this can go on a few days.

I am totally focussed on going to this ice cream shop this morning, and so I cannot start doing anything because then I will say nah, I will do it another day...

I am sure you all know these feelings with being in lockdown. I have barely been out once a week, sometimes only once a fortnight. And for the briefest time possible.

Alas no toilets are open, and I cannot last long without visiting one.

Anyway, I left for England. I had several back up plans should it not be open today. And guess what...

7126D0D6-AD18-448F-8F91-010F36422B62.jpeg

My chocolate waffle cone with a helping of chocolate and one of mint ice cream. It is raining and I am sitting on a bench enjoying my ice cream. And there is not another soul about!

By the way I live just over that marshland and river to the left of that photo, in Wales.

The ice cream lady before lockdown had promised to get me some more copies of vintage postcards that she had. This is the first chance I have had to go back. Any way, the cards are normally 25p. They are copies of old picture postcards of the area up to Liverpool. I got a pile of them, no idea how many. And she tells me she is not doing them any more. That’s it. So, I’m thinking and looking at the stand with the rest of the postcards. Then she asks me if I want them all. I said yes. We’ll do a deal for you she says. She counts them out, and there’s over 300 picture postcards. (I want them for my postcrossing which is working out quite expensive the price postcards are now.)

Would £20 be alright she said? Are you sure, I said? Do you want an ice cream, she said? Yes please, I said, a chocolate waffle cone with a chocolate and a mint ice cream. Then I was looking at the Liverpool tide tables while I was waiting (I don’t think they have sold them this year with the lockdown). You can have one of those thrown in, she said. Okay, I said.

I had my £20 note and asked how much more she needed. You can have the ice cream and the tide table thrown in she said, just the £20 is okay.

Are you sure I am paying you enough for the picture postcards, I asked her?

£20 is perfect, she said.

Thank you very much, I said. And I went out into the rain to eat my ice cream.

Have I got the bargain of the century here?

I do love my little adventures.
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 this morning. Very restless night. 4.7 at bedtime after an 18g carb day.

Then 3.5 at 1am 3.0 at 3am with symptoms of a hypo. When I was on insulin I always had glucose tablets on my bedside cabinet but I ditched the glucose tablets at the same time as the insulin.

Felt really rubbish when I did get up. This morning took my car to garage and walked back with the dogs. Then off to the farm shop to get milk and eggs.

was 10.2 two hrs after breakfast. Just now was 4.0 - so some really wild swings. Hope it settles back to normal soon. Off shortly to pick up car from garage. Hopefully we won't get too wet.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me couldnt get on here this morning ,first day back at work and going back this afternoon to do a bar shift as a favour just the one so all good here have a good day everyone :happy:
Good luck Karen hope all goes well

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My chocolate waffle cone with a helping of chocolate and one of mint ice cream. It is raining and I am sitting on a bench enjoying my ice cream. And there is not another soul about!
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss success I am so envious gennepher...the scene looks idyllic so pleased you got there...it was open & a little solitude to enjoy it!

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm relieved Krystyna I'm working today so paperwork will be done the same day depending on the time I finish...it it's too late tomorrow will do then off to London on Thursday...horrified to hear some pubs are having to close down again after customers have tested positive...a second wave? have we truly got through the 1st wave?
It is scary that some pubs have had to close down. Hopefully, by testing all their contacts things won't escalate in the same way as it did in March.

I am envious that you are doing so well with your paperwork.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 temp a steady 36.4

Pubs shut..mmh.

Seems our TTi..is rather pants.

Names requested but no back up to.prove it..
And it seems it's down to individuals to tell licensees IF Infected.
Then licensees to find and call other guests.

Who knew we could have saved that £12 million quite so easily, if we just waited.

And given pubs opened sat, and Monday reports of infections, doesn't that mean infected (if asymptotic) guest are arriving at venues showing NO outward symptoms of covid, yet deteriorate over 24/48 hours...?

All a little odd, but as no one 'Reliable'
Can furnish trusted data, we are, flying blind.

Sure that's how all "World Beating" things work, but it seems rather unscientific, and
a bit..'Meh', to me.

Less TTi, more Hit n Miss.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 this morning. Very restless night. 4.7 at bedtime after an 18g carb day.

Then 3.5 at 1am 3.0 at 3am with symptoms of a hypo. When I was on insulin I always had glucose tablets on my bedside cabinet but I ditched the glucose tablets at the same time as the insulin.

Felt really rubbish when I did get up. This morning took my car to garage and walked back with the dogs. Then off to the farm shop to get milk and eggs.

was 10.2 two hrs after breakfast. Just now was 4.0 - so some really wild swings. Hope it settles back to normal soon. Off shortly to pick up car from garage. Hopefully we won't get too wet.
Horrible start to the day. The only upside is at least you have experience of how to deal with these situations. I hope things improve and tomorrow dawns a new and better day.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning y'all, 6.1 today which is relatively ok.

Dealing with the fallout of the builder not rocking up this morning, her ladyship is not amused and I am saying nothing at all about being able to lay bricks. Not my circus, not my monkeys ;)

Going to naff off for a walk to get clear of Ground Zero for a while, maybe I'll be lucky and drown in a puddle and thus escape part 2 of 'All Builders Are...'

Have fun :)

Wouldn't by chance have been "Boris the Builder.inc" by any chance ?

Saw them on that Check A trader.com

Got awful reviews,

Near on 70k wouid never use again.

And Millions of others dubious of the workmanship and ethics of said Company.

If it's them, her Ladyship has had a lucky escape.

Well done for keeping your skills on the quiet.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 temp a steady 36.4

Pubs shut..mmh.

Seems our TTi..is rather pants.

Names requested but no back up to.prove it..
And it seems it's down to individuals to tell licensees IF Infected.
Then licensees to find and call other guests.

Who knew we could have saved that £12 million quite so easily, if we just waited.

And given pubs opened sat, and Monday reports of infections, doesn't that mean infected (if asymptotic) guest are arriving at venues showing NO outward symptoms of covid, yet deteriorate over 24/48 hours...?

All a little odd, but as no one 'Reliable'
Can furnish trusted data, we are, flying blind.

Sure that's how all "World Beating" things work, but it seems rather unscientific, and
a bit..'Meh', to me.

Less TTi, more Hit n Miss.
No, no, no. People didn't follow procedures. Strike that. People didn't know the correct procedures. Anyhow, definitely nothing to do with anyone who should have been in control. Just leave it all to the men with the plan and don't ask questions. You elite are always talking this country down.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-workers-blame-discharge-coronavirus-testing

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, no, no. People didn't follow procedures. Strike that. People didn't know the correct procedures. Anyhow, definitely nothing to do with anyone who should have been in control. Just leave it all with the men with the plan and don't ask questions. You elite are always talking this country down.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...e-workers-blame-discharge-coronavirus-testing

and in the context of sharing is caring, why Ireland has an app, but England doesn't..mmhh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53322751

seems a case of masks must provide 100% protection or this govt won't mandate it,
same with the app, 100% accuracy or of no use.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
and in the context of sharing is caring, why Ireland has an app, but England doesn't..mmhh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53322751

seems a case of masks must provide 100% protection or this govt won't mandate it,
same with the app, 100% accuracy or of no use.
If I'm feeling kind I would say it is more hubris related. They painted themselves into a corner and now just exude the Tom Petty vibe - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Won't_Back_Down The alternative explanation is much more unflattering.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In ZenBrush2 app.
A painting of Popeye!
It took me an hour because I was experimenting, and this painting kept chopping and changing. I was experimenting again with brush sizes, opacities, finger pressure on the iPad screen (I used my finger to paint this), the use of the rubber in its various opacities, and more.

12BB971C-D1E7-42EF-AB94-FCF47A8B2806.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who knows what other talents you keep quiet
Thank you and mums the word. ;)

@gennepher Sometimes the most simple desires are a dream come true when made to happen. Great ice cream and Post Card bargain to boot. I have hundreds of old post cards from the 1920/30/40s collected by my dad when he used to trundle around Britain on his bike, 25p each you say, I could buy a lot of ice creams.

@Krystyna23040 hope all settles soon and you feel less ill.

@jjraak and @ianpspurs today I experienced the we know the rules but can't do with making them work attitude. Had to have MILs bungalow valued, valuer put on mask and gloves asked Mrs MC and I to do the same. Within minutes his mask was under his chin, within 15 minutes his social distancing ceased, Mrs MC then followed suit because her glasses kept steaming up, what a waste of time. I was Mr Perfect kept my mask on and my distance, my wife mentioned this asking me "how can you keep your mask on?" Valuer said he can't manage to keep his on so goes through the motions but finds clients are never concerned when he drops it below his chin and usually relax and do the same, what a waste of time! :banghead:
I did have words with Mrs MC who's off to hairdressers on Thursday and will need to wear a mask, visiting MIL in garden at care home on Friday and will need to wear a mask, so she is now practicing keeping it on and trying not to keep touching it or her face.:joyful:

Last edited: