What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In ZenBrush2 app.
A painting of Popeye!
It took me an hour because I was experimenting, and this painting kept chopping and changing. I was experimenting again with brush sizes, opacities, finger pressure on the iPad screen (I used my finger to paint this), the use of the rubber in its various opacities, and more.

View attachment 42543
Wow! Popeye is a great sitter I hope you gave him a comfort break in that hour, our life modles used to get 5 minutes every hour. More fun for your already successful day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you and mums the word. ;)

@gennepher Sometimes the most simple desires are a dream come true when made to happen. Great ice cream and Post Card bargain to boot. I have hundreds of old post cards from the 1920/30/40s collected by my dad when he used to trundle around Britain on his bike, 25p each you say, I could buy a lot of ice creams.

@Krystyna23040 hope all settles soon and you feel less ill.

@jjraak and @ianpspurs today I experienced the we know the rules but can't do with making them work attitude. Had to have MILs bungalow valued, valuer put on mask and gloves asked Mrs MC and I to do the same. Within minutes his mask was under his chin, within 15 minutes his social distancing ceased, Mrs MC then followed suit because her glasses kept steaming up, what a waste of time. I was Mr Perfect kept my mask on and my distance, my wife mentioned this asking me "how can you keep your mask on?" Valuer said he can't manage to keep his on so goes through the motions but finds clients are never concerned when he drops it below his chin and usually relax and do the same, what a waste of time! :banghead:
I did have words with Mrs MC who's off to hairdressers on Thursday and will need to wear a mask, visiting MIL in garden at care home on Friday and will need to wear a mask, so she is now practicing keeping it on and trying not to keep touching it or her face.:joyful:

I love looking at old postcards. My personal collection has postcards from the 1800's. I wouldn't part with any of them @Muddy Cyclist

It is not easy is it to get others to follow the mask, and gloves routine? My glasses steam up too. I end up taking my glasses off most of the time when wearing the mask. And put them back on when really needed. I don't know what masks you wear, but I was trying to make some that wouldn't stream up my glasses. It is in shops when I am bending down to pick up food. The garden wire that is covered with plastic or rubber...I fixed a small piece to the top of my mask, because it was falling down my nose if I did more talking. It still fell down, then for some reason, I put my glasses nose bridge on over the the plastic covered garden wire I had sewed to the mask...surprise, my glasses held up the mask, and also it did not fall down my nose as I was talking. Just an idea...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! Popeye is a great sitter I hope you gave him a comfort break in that hour, our life modles used to get 5 minutes every hour. More fun for your already successful day.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
:)

He is a very good sitter, but an even better sleeper...

Today is brilliant. Very successful. We can all do with more of these kinds of day :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau and @ianpspurs blood sugars have settled down into the mid 5s so whatever was going on has stopped and liver and pancreas have settled down so nice steady blood sugars.

Got the email from my DN. Hba1c was 40. Am pleased with that as I was worried that it was a lot higher. Will work on getting it back to 36 for the next review.

I have the choice of now being coded as diabetes resolved in my records. I will still continue to have all the tests for eyes kidneys etc.

As the tests will continue I have decided to accept the coding of diabetes resolved. But of course I do know that I have to continue with the maximum of 20g carbs a day, however, it does feel good to be diabetes resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau and @ianpspurs blood sugars have settled down into the mid 5s so whatever was going on has stopped and liver and pancreas have settled down so nice steady blood sugars.

Got the email from my DN. Hba1c was 40. Am pleased with that as I was worried that it was a lot higher. Will work on getting it back to 36 for the next review.

I have the choice of now being coded as diabetes resolved in my records. I will still continue to have all the tests for eyes kidneys etc.

As the tests will continue I have decided to accept the coding of diabetes resolved. But of course I do know that I have to continue with the maximum of 20g carbs a day, however, it does feel good to be diabetes resolved.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Couldn't access the site this morening, this is my chance to log on now.

A 5.8 this morning.

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow morning.
Have a good evening fellow posters.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Fantastic results all round. Great way to be ending the day and so well deserved.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

grey but dry here and at least the wind has dropped a bit, it was a chill and lazy wind yesterday (went through instead of round ;))

because it was mostly dry weather after a very small shower early in the morning we put our tatty old gardening clothes in the car when we went over to mum's to pick up her shopping list. When we got there, everything was dripping wet, she'd had heavy rain all the early morning :sorry:

Grass cutting will have to wait :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - five years and counting, well done you and thank you, hope your n1 experiment continues to provide success :) (you've certainly helped me :D).

@Krystyna23040 - congrats on the results and thank you for the tip re the glasses, mr gee will be giving it a go tomorrow :)

@gennepher - a wonderfully successful day for you, postcards, ice cream, friendly contact and a striking portrait of Popeye to round it off :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like a bit of a "curate's egg" of a day on the social distancing front. Looks like we will be wearing masks here for a while longer at least.

Arty catch up bit -
this was me trying out some bolder colour, not sure it's entirely successful :hilarious: oh well, can't win them all

upload_2020-7-7_20-6-26.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

grey but dry here and at least the wind has dropped a bit, it was a chill and lazy wind yesterday (went through instead of round ;))

because it was mostly dry weather after a very small shower early in the morning we put our tatty old gardening clothes in the car when we went over to mum's to pick up her shopping list. When we got there, everything was dripping wet, she'd had heavy rain all the early morning :sorry:

@ianpspurs - five years and counting, well done you and thank you, hope your n1 experiment continues to provide success :) (you've certainly helped me :D).

@Krystyna23040 - congrats on the results and thank you for the tip re the glasses, mr gee will be giving it a go tomorrow :)

@gennepher - a wonderfully successful day for you, postcards, ice cream, friendly contact and a striking portrait of Popeye to round it off :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like a bit of a "curate's egg" of a day on the social distancing front. Looks like we will be wearing masks here for a while longer at least.

Arty catch up bit -
this was me trying out some bolder colour, not sure it's entirely successful :hilarious: oh well, can't win them all

View attachment 42545
You are very kind. Helped you? I mainly feel helpless. I don't do success, just degrees of disappointment - that's the Spurs way.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Won this one, I feel it worked well. I do think your distant hills in past paintings are magnificent and these don't have quite the same folds and sense of distance but with your ability to do those distant hills you will find away to combine bolder colour and that sense of detail in the distance, of that I'm certain.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That was happening to me and at the doctors yesterday I was told that if I mould the wire at the top of the mask firmly around the bridge of my nose it stops my glasses steaming up - and it really does.
I put my glasses nose bridge on over the the plastic covered garden wire I had sewed to the mask...surprise, my glasses held up the mask, and also it did not fall down my nose as I was talking. Just an idea...
thank you I will pass that information on to Mrs MC.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

Arty catch up bit -

View attachment 42545
Thank you @geefull
It is a good day today.

I like your painting.
The sea is powerful.
Your cliffs and hills have a different feel which I think comes with the bolder colours you have used. You have shown the strata on the cliffs. There is a lot of detail there.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished the first attemp at Shugbourgh Halls Folly Triumphal Arch in oils. Dark and foreboding is the effect needed, need to work some more on the tree and cleaner lines on the arch. A2 size oils. Image slightly out of focus...

View attachment 42539

Powerful and sweeping @Muddy Cyclist You have got darks and foreboding. I look forward to the next bit on it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Arty catch up bit -

upload_2020-7-7_20-6-26-jpeg.42545
Yes this really does work. I do love the bolder colours.

I was so pleased to get the tip about the mask. You have to really mould it around your nose and then absolutely no steaming up of glasses.

Have been walking on air since the email from my DN. I am determined to work really hard to maintain 'diabetes resolved'.