What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today.

Early adventure to the land of Tesco get there at 6 15 and home by 7.30 with a bit of luck.

No idea what other paths our friend time will take me along today, I will just drift along acceptingly.

Keep safe throughout your day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Been up since just after 0300 for no discernible reason but the sun is shining in the dark and dangerous north so hope that I can stay awake to enjoy the day.

The wonder wheel of fish and the roasted remains of a celeriac came in at 4.9 this am.

Happy birthday to Ringo Starr, 80 today. A good rendition of Rain here at colouring the past, a track that Ringo thought was his best bit of drumming: https://www.facebook.com/555527946/posts/10157645045962947/

Daughter returns to work today so we will be having fun and jollies with our 7 month old granddaughter today.

Still playing around with the Zen2 app @gennepher - really like what you did with the Popeye portrait. Pity that it only offers three shades, would be nice to have five. Never mind. This morning’s practice at bamboo below - will get there in about 10 years. Great bit of boldness @geefull, works very well and am liking your monumental folly @Muddy Cyclist .

Have the most wonderful day that you can, I have to go and persuade the bins into position now and then have koffy.

upload_2020-7-8_6-48-23.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, can't do any more until the oil is dryer or I will just get a muddy mix. However I have now started a watercolour of the same subject just as an experiment.

It was in my mind that you should try a watercolour as well of it.
I have been round a lot of these follies years ago @Muddy Cyclist.
I tend to think of them in watercolours.
It would be interesting as you say to do both of this subject, and compare.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still playing around with the Zen2 app @gennepher - really like what you did with the Popeye portrait. Pity that it only offers three shades, would be nice to have five. Never mind. This morning’s practice at bamboo below - will get there in about 10 years.

WOW, to your bamboo. That is amazing @dunelm

I have done some bamboo, but I cannot get the bamboo 'joints' yet on the app. It is so much easier with brush, ink, and paper. I am using my finger. Are you using a pen stylus? I can't hold them for long, and I appear to have more control with my finger.

Edit...just noticed your seal. How did you do that on that app? Please :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
Oops! I think that was yesterday's ice cream but it was worth it :)

Temp 35.9

It was dull grey at 3am and nothing moving in the garden.
It was dull grey at 6am and nothing moving in the garden.
It is still dull grey at 7 am, nothing moving in the garden, and rain is dripping off the ends of leaves...

Take care

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. So Dom, a hard rain is gonna fall eh? Not here in The Brecks, soft but annoying - so you appear not be Master of the Universe. Five years today since first ever fbg via Codefree, lovingly recorded and faithfully marked red by the conditionally formatted spreadsheet. It was a 7 with a daily average of 7.3 and all readings shaded red. By the 17th my fbg was now green for go at 4 and my daily average down to 4.85. Weight and clothes falling off within a month. I evolved via One Touch and Tee 2 to using of all kinds of Macros to show averages for each meal, day of the week, finger and all points East. Today I scan my Libre sensor in excess of 50 times most days and find some useless things - peeing raises mg bg level but less than No2s.:banghead: I once went a whole 6 months without testing and A1c was below the average for me - comfortably non diabetic. What is the result of all this? I still find bg management like knitting porridge whatever method I use to track and trace. I started out feeling optimistic about LC/keto but bitter experience has taught me to be on the cautious side of sceptical veering towards cynical as an effective method for me. Foodwise it is a nightmare for the rest of my family and I rarely stray from mackerel and avocado salad as a main meal. Halloumi chips, mackerel in EVO, avocado, ACV with mother, fennel, celery, radish and Super Salmon Salad Friday are my standout gains of this WOE. Fbg today in the space of 2 minutes went 4.3, 4.7, 4.5. I really have made 0 progress in understanding this.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW, to your bamboo. That is amazing @dunelm

I have done some bamboo, but I cannot get the bamboo 'joints' yet on the app. It is so much easier with brush, ink, and paper. I am using my finger. Are you using a pen stylus? I can't hold them for long, and I appear to have more control with my finger.

Edit...just noticed your seal. How did you do that on that app? Please :)
Thanks for the compliment @gennepher and yes, I am using an apple pencil. I did the seal by placing the red box where I wanted it then used the pinch to zoom and used the rubber on next to finest setting to etch it out.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the compliment @gennepher and yes, I am using an apple pencil. I did the seal by placing the red box where I wanted it then used the pinch to zoom and used the rubber on next to finest setting to etch it out.

Right @dunelm thanks for telling me :)

I researched Cathy Wu my teacher, after talking about her on here, and it seems 10 years ago she was living on the Wirral in England, just over the water from me, so she is possibly still around. But I came across a calligraphy book she had written around 2007. I managed to source a second hand copy and it is wending its way to me. So I am looking forward to seeing that. She did teach the class calligraphy as well.

I realise now, her full Chinese surname is a little different.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood sugars totally normal this morning. 4.5 last night then DP brought it up to 5.3 at 6.30am. So liver and pancreas behaving.

Sad to say I can't say the same for Holland and Barrett. I get brilliant discounts an my regular subscribe and save items which up to 19th March I did click and collect to our local H&B shop.

I very clearly remember picking that order up as we vowed then it was safer to have all future orders delivered to our home.

Have just received 4 very friendly emails saying they are very sorry I couldn't pick the 19th March order up and they are refunding me for that order and for 3 other big orders I didn't - allegedly - pick up.

I cannot accept their kind offer of a shed load of money being returned to my bank account - so it means waiting in a queue for probably an hour to speak to customer services to sort it out.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all on this wet and soon to be windy national bin day.

A troublesome 5.7 this morning, I now have to get my sliderule out to calculate insulin doses factoring in activity. I blame my meter.

Well fellow posters I hope you have something disrespectful, but humorous planned for this slightly damp darn sarf day. Remember a smile costs nothing and scares the life out people.......well it does my neighbours.
I must go now and study scales with a few broken chords, I wonder if I can fix them?

Reactions: geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood sugars totally normal this morning. 4.5 last night then DP brought it up to 5.3 at 6.30am. So liver and pancreas behaving.

Sad to say I can't say the same for Holland and Barrett. I get brilliant discounts an my regular subscribe and save items which up to 19th March I did click and collect to our local H&B shop.

I very clearly remember picking that order up as we vowed then it was safer to have all future orders delivered to our home.

Have just received 4 very friendly emails saying they are very sorry I couldn't pick the 19th March order up and they are refunding me for that order and for 3 other big orders I didn't - allegedly - pick up.

I cannot accept their kind offer of a shed load of money being returned to my bank account - so it means waiting in a queue for probably an hour to speak to customer services to sort it out.

Check you have picked up that order first @Krystyna23040
Because in these Coronavirus times my brain goes a bit awol on what I have done and what I haven't done. And a day or so later I find the receipt/proof which was the opposite what I thought I had done.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Been up since just after 0300 for no discernible reason but the sun is shining in the dark and dangerous north so hope that I can stay awake to enjoy the day.

The wonder wheel of fish and the roasted remains of a celeriac came in at 4.9 this am.

Happy birthday to Ringo Starr, 80 today. A good rendition of Rain here at colouring the past, a track that Ringo thought was his best bit of drumming: https://www.facebook.com/555527946/posts/10157645045962947/

Daughter returns to work today so we will be having fun and jollies with our 7 month old granddaughter today.

Still playing around with the Zen2 app @gennepher - really like what you did with the Popeye portrait. Pity that it only offers three shades, would be nice to have five. Never mind. This morning’s practice at bamboo below - will get there in about 10 years. Great bit of boldness @geefull, works very well and am liking your monumental folly @Muddy Cyclist .

Have the most wonderful day that you can, I have to go and persuade the bins into position now and then have koffy.

View attachment 42547
That's a brilliant bamboo creation, really liking this work.

Thank you for my folly appreciation.

Ringo 80? Suddenly feel old :(

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Check you have picked up that order first @Krystyna23040
Because in these Coronavirus times my brain goes a bit awol on what I have done and what I haven't done. And a day or so later I find the receipt/proof which was the opposite what I thought I had done.
Yes, I agree that can happen. I have found I can't trust my memory - I have to write it down.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Survived Tesco adventure, but confused as all one way systems have vanished. How quickly we get used to following the arrows, I was like a fish out of water, lost!

I asked a manager why they had done this, his reply, "Customers were getting into arguments when someone went the wrong way and staff had to sort them out, safer without the one way system." Where is this world going? It seems to me that more and more the easy option is being taken dealing with anything disagreeable, and minorities win, what have we become?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.3
8.30am FBG 6 4

Blasted DP.
It seems it will take more than one day of sensible eating to get back on track after indulging in icecream. Feeling a bit annoyed with myself for letting go and scoffing. Teacher would say must do better.
Had coffee with cream and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.
Good intentions for the day. Pick salad for lunch. Use the back door, the cherry toms out the front are altogether too tempting. Keep your greedy hands off ! Crisp salad in fridge. Dinner don't leave to last minute. Go now and investigate freezer. Freeze more beans and courgettes.
Altogether now. Pull yourself together Lizzy.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I agree that can happen. I have found I can't trust my memory - I have to write it down.
Writing it down always seems a good idea, until I can't find my piece of paper, read my own writing or decipher what the message says. :joyful: Hope you are better at it than I am.