What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 6.3
8.30am FBG 6 4

Blasted DP.
It seems it will take more than one day of sensible eating to get back on track after indulging in icecream. Feeling a bit annoyed with myself for letting go and scoffing. Teacher would say must do better.
Had coffee with cream and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.
Good intentions for the day. Pick salad for lunch. Use the back door, the cherry toms out the front are altogether too tempting. Keep your greedy hands off ! Crisp salad in fridge. Dinner don't leave to last minute. Go now and investigate freezer. Freeze more beans and courgettes.
Altogether now. Pull yourself together Lizzy.
A winner for the determination, hug for the temptation. You can do it.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Survived Tesco adventure, but confused as all one way systems have vanished. How quickly we get used to following the arrows, I was like a fish out of water, lost!

I asked a manager why they had done this, his reply, "Customers were getting into arguments when someone went the wrong way and staff had to sort them out, safer without the one way system." Where is this world going? It seems to me that more and more the easy option is being taken dealing with anything disagreeable, and minorities win, what have we become?
Ringo 80, policemen getting younger, lads in short trousers running the country? You sure you don't live in Tunbridge Wells, Colonel? You'll be joining @Krystyna23040 leaving stickit notes everywhere. Poor Mr K has one permanently on his forehead, bless.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been having fun with ZenBrush2 app.
:)
I was practicing bamboo initially, and found the side of my thumb gets those 'knuckle' bits in the bamboo stem. Then I found the side of my little finger got me a dry brush stroke which I have been looking for. That was me excited and playing...

I had intended doing another Popeye today. He is asleep at the moment in a fluffy black cat pose, with no white showing, and I hope he stays like that, because I am going to practice on him in a minute...

But for today I was doing a landscape, but somehow a cat crept in...

Make of it what you will...

C4739FFB-A248-4261-BD15-344216D2AA46.jpeg

A parcel of postcards has just arrived. I ordered some train postcards (for my postcrossing) the other day, and it described itself as a job lot and free postage, and I thought it was 15 postcards for £7:50, but the parcel is a heck of a lot heavier than 15 postcards...going to open that now...and eBay has just told me to peek at a bid I made on another job lots of postcards...busy busy...

I have never shopped at Etsy and eBay before and I haven't a clue what I am doing or getting into...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You guys in the Frozen North must be gleefuly anticipating being levelled up so you can buy some mansions - or adding to your collection in your case @dunelm :angelic:. "Chancellor to exempt first £500,000 of any purchase, saving most buyers £15,000" claims the Telegraph. ONS has the average UK house price at £248,000 England, £162, 000 Wales, £152,000 Scotland and £141,000 N Ireland.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/housepriceindex/march2020#:~:text=1.-,Main points,to £141,000 (3.8%). Didn't our current PM once get the sack from said paper for being economical with the actualité? I think we can sleep safely knowing his track and trace will be protecting us - pedigree of virtue and honesty. (£2500 seems to be accurate figure for average buyer) Bumper times ahead for food banks, homeless and jobless - hurrah:banghead:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You guys in the Frozen North must be gleefuly anticipating being levelled up so you can buy some mansions - or adding to your collection in your case @dunelm :angelic:. "Chancellor to exempt first £500,000 of any purchase, saving most buyers £15,000"
Must rush out and buy a dozen or so, that saving buys a lot of ice cream. :happy:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another busy day with work yesterday...began at 4pm finished at 2am two clients to sort out...to my sheer relief I managed to sort out the Microsoft Teams and 'beam into' the interviews since upgrading my broadband it seems to have done the trick...bizarre having officers & clients in my study (virtual) so I arranged the books carefully combed my hair popped some earrings on but retained my street cred by wearing my track suit bottoms & furry slippers...after the interview I realised Charlie was behind me doing something unspeakable on my chair fortunately he wasn't visible on screen...woke to a 6.5 not bad after four hours sleep...snoozing on the sofa with Netflix I think...keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been having fun with ZenBrush2 app.
:)
I was practicing bamboo initially, and found the side of my thumb gets those 'knuckle' bits in the bamboo stem. Then I found the side of my little finger got me a dry brush stroke which I have been looking for. That was me excited and playing...

I had intended doing another Popeye today. He is asleep at the moment in a fluffy black cat pose, with no white showing, and I hope he stays like that, because I am going to practice on him in a minute...

But for today I was doing a landscape, but somehow a cat crept in...

Make of it what you will...

View attachment 42549

A parcel of postcards has just arrived. I ordered some train postcards (for my postcrossing) the other day, and it described itself as a job lot and free postage, and I thought it was 15 postcards for £7:50, but the parcel is a heck of a lot heavier than 15 postcards...going to open that now...and eBay has just told me to peek at a bid I made on another job lots of postcards...busy busy...

I have never shopped at Etsy and eBay before and I haven't a clue what I am doing or getting into...
More fun and discovery just what creativity is all about, fantastic keep it up, I await the bamboo drawings.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spoke too soon that the Holland and Barrett issues were sorted. I then got 10 emails from them saying that my current Subscribe and Save order has been cancelled and so have all further orders.. Checked on the website - they have cancelled everything.

Took 30 minutes to get through to customer services and another 20 minutes for the really helpful customer services operative to sort it. A nightmare for them if it isn't just me it is happening to.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Truly wonderful living in The Information Age. Just deliver my shorts please.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-8_10-48-45.png
    upload_2020-7-8_10-48-45.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 113

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spoke too soon that the Holland and Barrett issues were sorted. I then got 10 emails from them saying that my current Subscribe and Save order has been cancelled and so have all further orders.. Checked on the website - they have cancelled everything.

Took 30 minutes to get through to customer services and another 20 minutes for the really helpful customer services operative to sort it. A nightmare for them if it isn't just me it is happening to.

Oh dear @Krystyna23040
t4614.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He is being friendly @ianpspurs
Don't be mean, go along with it, and send him a sweet message back, like "May all your travels be good ones", "Have a great day"...

Likely a company initiative.
Be a call round to check who got the text.

A bit like the offers you get at shop counters,
All expected and mystery shopped

Staff in trouble if not following company diktat.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another busy day with work yesterday...began at 4pm finished at 2am two clients to sort out...to my sheer relief I managed to sort out the Microsoft Teams and 'beam into' the interviews since upgrading my broadband it seems to have done the trick...bizarre having officers & clients in my study (virtual) so I arranged the books carefully combed my hair popped some earrings on but retained my street cred by wearing my track suit bottoms & furry slippers...after the interview I realised Charlie was behind me doing something unspeakable on my chair fortunately he wasn't visible on screen...woke to a 6.5 not bad after four hours sleep...snoozing on the sofa with Netflix I think...keep safe.

A big up for conquering the tech,.
Kudos for the rebellion of trackies n fluffy slippers.

But HAHA...for the cat....classic cat...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning

Another 3 am awakener.
Are we all starting to synch ?

Fbg 6.0
Temp 36.1

Wife's best friends daughter, awaiting test for Covid.
Fingers crossed.

Working on bike yesterday had to bite lip REAL hard.

Young neighbour mid 20's.
Out jogging. No worries

On return, in a streets empty of people, except me.. decides to do some sort of warm down routine a few feet away from me.in middle of road.

Normally be meh
But it irritated me, anger rising by the minute.
Why. Why do that THERE.

Was I over analysing
Was he showing off.
Is he desperate for my attention.
Was it some perverse bullying

I worked on ignoring him, but the odd squirts of bike cleaner in his direction, may have got oversprayed several times, not sure it was that or he got bored, but he left soon enough.

Dufus..:rolleyes:

And on the bright side nothing happened, so that's nice.

Hoping for an idiot free day but not holding my breath.

Went for morning walk..mask elastic broke.

Narrow pavement, bus stop, lady mask on
Waiting in between bus stop and wall, middle of pavement.
Clearly saw me coming,
Asked as I got closer if she would excuse me and just move in..

Moved an inch.
Go past but real close.

God give me strength in the coming days, lord

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967