t:slim remote via phone

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The t:slim remote app has been released in the USA, does not yet allow dosing but shows all pump data and cgm so looks like the Dexcom app may not be needed (unless you have followers).

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chas C Good to know, thank you. Hopefully we'll get it here before too long - perhaps with Control IQ?

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Has anyone heard when they are going to integrate the "NEW" Libre with the t:slim?
They announced it last October. It has been very quiet since.

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I REALLY wish that they would pull their finger out. I tried to use the Dexcom G6 sensors but discovered to my horror that I have some sort of allergy to the adhesive that they use on the sensors.
It brings my skin up in huge red welts.
They told me that less than 1% of people react like that.

I have no such reaction to the Libre Sensors. Clearly a different adhesive.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I had known I would not have chosen the t:slim, but instead would have gone for the combination of Libre/ Omnipod patch pump with a RileyLink.

Sigh... Such is life.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've said this before but I think it's worth repeating.
Dexcom, Abbot & others should, by now, be offering at least 2 adhesive options. One might be default, but there should be an alternative for anyone having problems.
Dexcom have recently (not sure exactly when) changed their adhesive so they already have 2 types available.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've said this before but I think it's worth repeating.
Dexcom, Abbot & others should, by now, be offering at least 2 adhesive options. One might be default, but there should be an alternative for anyone having problems.
Dexcom have recently (not sure exactly when) changed their adhesive so they already have 2 types available.

I know Dexcom have changed, I complained as after 9 years I started to get a skin reaction to the new glue. To be fair to them they called me and apologised over the phone for needing to make the change saying it was being driven by complaints that they would not stay in place for 10 days (by other users). They claimed the adhesive needed to be made stronger and sent me details of barrier solutions that I could use to help the skin reaction.

They never mentioned that they now supported two versions and still had the original adhesive available - do you have formal details of this as I'd prefer to switch back to the original.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know Dexcom have changed, I complained as after 9 years I started to get a skin reaction to the new glue. To be fair to them they called me and apologised over the phone for needing to make the change saying it was being driven by complaints that they would not stay in place for 10 days (by other users). They claimed the adhesive needed to be made stronger and sent me details of barrier solutions that I could use to help the skin reaction.

They never mentioned that they now supported two versions and still had the original adhesive available - do you have formal details of this as I'd prefer to switch back to the original.

Sorry, I think I misled you. What I meant was they could, if they wanted to, offer two adhesive options since they've already used different ones. Unfortunately they don't seem to be thinking that way.
Personally I've only ever had slight problems, but I don't think I've yet used a sensor with the new adhesive.

Reactions: Chas C

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, I think I misled you. What I meant was they could, if they wanted to, offer two adhesive options since they've already used different ones. Unfortunately they don't seem to be thinking that way.
Personally I've only ever had slight problems, but I don't think I've yet used a sensor with the new adhesive.

Thanks, I've only had minor issues in the past 9 yrs (as well as using Skintac), but now I have three older distinct marks with fourth sensor in place, so over a month for oldest one (10 days each). They do need to sort this out and they also told me that the G7 sensor is planned to last longer than the G6 so admitted the glue needs to be improved from the latest one, without sorting it out they will loose customers who need less problematic glue.

Reactions: DunePlodder

gto19660

No me neither I don't have a problem with them staying on I use the I forget what it's called but it's a patch you put around the sensor to help hold it on and it stays on for the full 10 days no matter what I do so you might want to look for that

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Chas C Good to know, thank you. Hopefully we'll get it here before too long - perhaps with Control IQ?
I'm using it in the UK just show bg in mg/dl but works well
Screenshot_20201031-045819_tconnect.jpg

Reactions: DunePlodder