Uncooked bacon
Such sad news. Such a wonderful person.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad news indeed for one who has done so much to help others.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very sad indeed. Very sadly, by her own words, she will be one of so many whose chances of life or quality of life will have been damaged by this pandemic.

I do hope she has some good, quality time left with those she loves and who love her.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very sad indeed. Very sadly, by her own words, she will be one of so many whose chances of life or quality of life will have been damaged by this pandemic.

I do hope she has some good, quality time left with those she loves and who love her.

I just read the Tampa Bay article linked to above in which she summarises the pros and cons, and one of the pros is that by keeping herself isolated during covid, she has increased the time she has had with her 3 children. Very poignant.

In her own words:
Don’t get me wrong. For me personally, the pandemic has not been all bad. For a mother with terminal cancer, the lockdown has given me time I could never imagine having with my busy kids. A hidden gift in the madness.
https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/20...with-stage-4-cancer-during-a-pandemic-column/

Reactions: Indy51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just read the Tampa Bay article linked to above in which she summarises the pros and cons, and one of the pros is that by keeping herself isolated during covid, she has increased the time she has had with her 3 children. Very poignant.

In her own words:
Don’t get me wrong. For me personally, the pandemic has not been all bad. For a mother with terminal cancer, the lockdown has given me time I could never imagine having with my busy kids. A hidden gift in the madness.
https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/20...with-stage-4-cancer-during-a-pandemic-column/

I didn't want to deflect the thread, but during my own mother's journey to life's exit, our relationship was transformed, very much for the better.

We had had some difficult phases, but the knowledge of the inevitability, in the nearer term meant we spent a lot of time together - going to appointments and so on (I ended up being her advocate in some areas), talked properly and spent precious time together. In my grief, and the time since, I have really valued that time we had.

I miss my Mum enormously and I'm certain Dr Sarah will have made, and will make very good use of the time she has left.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No better caption than 'Sade News' Feeling for someone who has done a lot for others.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even in her own individual crisis she is thinking of others. Bless her.
Hope she gets to spend quality time with loved ones.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
She has and continues to do much for T2 diabetics.
Long may she be able to continue live a good life and make a difference!