Testosterone for diabetic

Satendra

Hello friends, whether any of you are using testosterone pills to improve sexual wellness? Or to improve metabolism?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello back @Satendra ,

Welcome to the forum.

What type of diabetes do you have & what medications are prescribed?

Satendra

I am having type 2 diabetes since last 4 years, taking glimeperimide 1 mg in morning and metformin 500 mg + tenligliptin 20 mg at night.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
There is some evidence that testosterone is beneficial for men with T2 diabetes especially I think for those taking metformin as metformin can reduce testosterone levels.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/303291

"
Researchers have established a link between testosterone, type 2 diabetes, obesity and renal failure, leading them to ask if testosterone could be a metabolic hormone.
Men with type 2 diabetes and low testosterone levels can benefit significantly from testosterone treatment, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
With testosterone treatment, fat turned to muscle in men with diabetes.
Senior author Dr. Paresh Dandona, of the Department of Medicine in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Buffalo (UB), NY, and his coauthors already knew that low testosterone levels coincide with significantly decreased insulin sensitivity."

Reactions: Satendra

lindisfel

Expert
Is testosterone therapy is advisable for diabetic patients?
Have you had your testosterone level tested? There is a wide range of acceptable levels and a number of factors are involved.
For eg. To give testosterone to an older male your doctor may need to check you out. Increased testosterone with a family incidence of prostate cancer may be unwise since it could hasten the spread of the disease.

Playing with hormones without referring to a doctor, I think is unwise.

For three years when I was treated for prostate cancer, I took a drug that completely blocked testosterone.
Every three months, I had an abdomen implant. I quoted Mr Spock on one occasion and the doctor laughed.
"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"
D.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@lindisfel I agree with you but I think the question in the opening post was more about supplements rather than direct medical intervention. And the supplements merely boost your own production of testosterone rather than raise it directly any direct administration of testosterone should only as you say be carried out under medical supervision.

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel I agree with you but I think the question in the opening post was more about supplements rather than direct medical intervention. And the supplements merely boost your own production of testosterone rather than raise it directly any direct administration of testosterone should only as you say be carried out under medical supervision.
Your right, John. If it just a case of getting the body working normally.

It will be a travesty if we, in future, are expected to eat hormone fed beef.
regards
Derek