Question for Omnipod Dash users

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just started using the Omnipod Dash, so far so good.

I just wondered if anyone knew if there was a do not disturb method for non critical alarms? I used to have an Insight and it would wake me up in the night to tell me the reservoir was getting low, even though I would have plenty to get through to the morning.

I’ve set the Omnipod to remind me when a pod change is due in 4 hours by default, but if that’s at 8am I don’t really want to be told at 4am...

Also interested to know what case people use for carrying supplies?

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @ArremisBow - Great you’ve got the Omnipod. Sorry I can’t answer your question as I have the Insight but I wondered if the fault on the Dash system was rectified? My DSN won’t let me have it until Aug which was supposedly when the fault was going to be fixed! TIA Hope all ok.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s not fixed as yet, but there is a workaround for it currently (you have to input your BG every time you bolus, or it defaults to the last reading you gave it which could be hours earlier). And then they are going to send out new handsets once they’ve fixed it.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s not fixed as yet, but there is a workaround for it currently (you have to input your BG every time you bolus, or it defaults to the last reading you gave it which could be hours earlier). And then they are going to send out new handsets once they’ve fixed it.

Okay thank you. Probably why my DSN won’t let me have it just the then. Thanks for the info. Hope u get answers soon

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can turn off the Dash and alarm will not occur. However pod will beep when change due. You can set alarm period settings too.