What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Writing it down always seems a good idea, until I can't find my piece of paper, read my own writing or decipher what the message says. :joyful: Hope you are better at it than I am.
Quite often when I read my note to myself it makes no sense whatsoever.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you free to front the new Govt press briefings you sound fully qualified.
I agree that I am fully qualified to front the Govt Press Briefings. Although I will look as though I know what I am talking about my Briefings will make no sense whatsoever.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that I am fully qualified to front the Govt Press Briefings. Although I will look as though I know what I am talking about my Briefings will make no sense whatsoever.
Oh dear. Fell at the first hurdle. Honesty is a real handicap. Sorry about that. Next please. Don't let the door etc

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think they need you to sort out their tech problems.
Not me Krystyna I'm hopeless it took me weeks to realise my broadband speed was the reason I couldn't use the apps...I always feel a letter to the 'offending' company is best who knows if you write to them you may be flooded with free gifts.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Likely a company initiative.
Be a call round to check who got the text.

A bit like the offers you get at shop counters,
All expected and mystery shopped

Staff in trouble if not following company diktat.

I know @jjraak

When my parcel is handed to me personally by the Amazon courier, and it is with a smile, he is courteous, it is on time, and my parcel has no dents in it, etc etc Then I go into the orders page and it gives me an option of quite a few boxes I can tick that is about the courier. And I tick the positive ones, and I have a little box where I can give a written review of him.

Their pay, and job in all weathers, and road conditions is not an easy one.

Every now and then I will send a positive message or text, if the recipient is going to receive it. And it does make their day.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be funny @Krystyna23040 if it wasn’t so time consuming and wasteful of your day...
you are right - it is so time-consuming and wasteful of my time but I do feel sorry for customer services who have to sort out the mess caused by tech problems.

Years and years ago as part of my job I dealt with complaints at a College. Actually I was the complaints department. There was never a dull moment.

I did hate it though when people phoned up and said they wanted to speak to the organ grinder not the monkey. I did however manage to stay calm and polite - even though it was hard sometimes.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Roller coaster BS again. 5.3 before lunch of cheese and walnuts and a square of Montezuma chocolate. Did some admin then we went off to Tesco to get some shopping. Got out the car and felt really weird like BS was dropping..

Got home and tested - was 3.5. Very weird as it was only 3 hours after lunch. Perhaps I should give my pancreas a written warning for misbehaving. Feel better after a coffee and cream.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not me Krystyna I'm hopeless it took me weeks to realise my broadband speed was the reason I couldn't use the apps...I always feel a letter to the 'offending' company is best who knows if you write to them you may be flooded with free gifts.
At least it only took a few weeks to realise your broadband speed was too low. It took me several months to realise my broadband had dropped to under 3mbps.

H&B were very good last time they messed up my order and gave me a £30 credit - which I have just realised I have forgotten to spend.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's effort, a watercolour version of the Triumphal Arch Folly at Shugbourgh Hall, I think I like the oil painting of it I did yesterday better, watercolour turned out less dark and foreboding. So back to finishing the oil painting but paint still very wet so it will have to wait.

Watercolour A4 and about 90 minutes...
IMG_3450.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's effort, a watercolour version of the Triumphal Arch Folly at Shugbourgh Hall, I think I like the oil painting of it I did yesterday better, watercolour turned out less dark and foreboding. So back to finishing the oil painting but paint still very wet so it will have to wait.

Watercolour A4 and about 90 minutes...
View attachment 42554
I do like this watercolour version @Muddy Cyclist
I shall have to wait for the dark, foreboding oil painting to be completed...

Winnie-the-Pooh

Hi , I have not been posting to here for a long time . I have DT2 and I used to rely on this forum a lot but have not checked in for months .

I have covid ( tested positive on Friday ) . So wondering if there are any extra experience and resources about DT2 and covid ? My A1C is very good : 4.9 .

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

suddenly it was sunny :joyful:, just in time for the weekly shopping trek :hilarious:
not too bad today and more people were wearing masks, presumably in anticipation of the new rules which start Friday (I think), then we dropped off mum's shopping and the car for it's diagnostic.
Grass at mum's was very wet so we came home again until later in the day.

We did manage to get her grass cut late in the afternoon so we're feeling extra virtuous at doing 2 hours of lawnmowering :D the grass was pretty long, if it had got much longer Katy might be disappearing in the undergrowth :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - I'm liking the bamboo, especially the leaves and the 'seal' works very well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sorry I don't know what happened to my comment on your Triumphal arch (the oil one), I had a real job logging in to the site yesterday and getting it to refresh, perhaps it got lost between the pages :sorry:
Anyway I intended to say that I thought it was a strong beginning to your commission, I really like the solid, looming quality the arch has, striding over the hill there and the foreground strokes in gold point the eye and are like quivering antennae.
The watercolour is quite different but the arch is just as monumental, it crowns the hill with the fringe of foliage surrounding it :)

@gennepher - that's an effective texture in the background of the sky and the cat with the door reminds me of Popeye's contribution to the feeling of 'home'. I like the way the placement of the red cat seal contributes to the balance of the composition :)

Arty catch up -

a couple more letterboxes, the idea began as a way to work on my skies but I quite like the format.

no 1 - this was inspired by an image I think I saw on Pinterest, didn't make a note of where :sorry:, adding different colours into the sky
upload_2020-7-8_20-35-14.jpeg

now I see it posted it turned out a bit 'explosive' :hilarious:

no 2 - cloud practice, we get a lot of cloud here ;)
upload_2020-7-8_20-38-1.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 this morning

suddenly it was sunny :joyful:, just in time for the weekly shopping trek :hilarious:
not too bad today and more people were wearing masks, presumably in anticipation of the new rules which start Friday (I think), then we dropped off mum's shopping and the car for it's diagnostic.
Grass at mum's was very wet so we came home again until later in the day.

We did manage to get her grass cut late in the afternoon so we're feeling extra virtuous at doing 2 hours of lawnmowering :D the grass was pretty long, if it had got much longer Katy might be disappearing in the undergrowth :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - I'm liking the bamboo, especially the leaves and the 'seal' works very well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - sorry I don't know what happened to my comment on your Triumphal arch (the oil one), I had a real job logging in to the site yesterday and getting it to refresh, perhaps it got lost between the pages :sorry:
Anyway I intended to say that I thought it was a strong beginning to your commission, I really like the solid, looming quality the arch has, striding over the hill there and the foreground strokes in gold point the eye and are like quivering antennae.
The watercolour is quite different but the arch is just as monumental, it crowns the hill with the fringe of foliage surrounding it :)

@gennepher - that's an effective texture in the background of the sky and the cat with the door reminds me of Popeye's contribution to the feeling of 'home'. I like the way the placement of the red cat seal contributes to the balance of the composition :)

Arty catch up -

a couple more letterboxes, the idea began as a way to work on my skies but I quite like the format.

no 1 - this was inspired by an image I think I saw on Pinterest, didn't make a note of where :sorry:, adding different colours into the sky
View attachment 42556

now I see it posted it turned out a bit 'explosive' :hilarious:

no 2 - cloud practice, we get a lot of cloud here ;)
View attachment 42557
Thank you for your comments on my Triumphal Arches, I will do more work on the oil painting.

Another two successful paintings from you, I like the abstract quality of the first but again in the second those distant details with what appears to be simple brush strokes are a technique you have mastered, good cloud practice too.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Still looking wet and remaining so all day so no bike ride, more painting and music. Mrs MC is off to hairdresse, I just hope it's safe, from everything they have told her it seems like they are doing their best to keep safe but I'm nervous.

Make the day yours, keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967