Tresiba

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Just been put on Tresiba Insulin starting tonight anyone else on this and anything I should be aware of, have to go back to see her with my readings next week to see if dosage needs adjusting and to stop taking humalog mix after teatime

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Tresiba is rather different to most other insulin pens - I presume you have a pen? 100units/ml or 200units/ml?
I only speak for 200units/ml - a green pen.
You have to be quite careful with the dose dialling, happens quickly, and dialling back is rather notchy.
The pen is automated, you just press the button and it automatically delivers the dose you dialled.
I have used it for 8 months and am really happy. It is also a forgiving insuli.
Good luck, don't worry.

Reactions: PatsyB

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have today had my insulin changed to Tresiba but because I am British and living in Tenerife everything is in Spanish. I have searched on line but still cannot find the answer I want. I have been prescribed a dose of 100 once a day, what I need to know is whether or not it has to be kept in the fridge. Many thanks.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been prescribed a dose of 100 once a day, what I need to know is whether or not it has to be kept in the fridge. Many thanks.
It is the same as most of the other insulins*, it will survive for about 30 days outside a fridge as long as you keep it below 30 degrees C (so whilst its hot there you may have to keep it in the fridge or somewhere cooler than 30 at least)

* I realise some don't - mostly Fiasp I think but that's why I said most

Jude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It is the same as most of the other insulins*, it will survive for about 30 days outside a fridge as long as you keep it below 30 degrees C (so whilst its hot there you may have to keep it in the fridge or somewhere cooler than 30 at least)

* I realise some don't - mostly Fiasp I think but that's why I said most
Thank you, yes with the temperatures we are having at the moment think I will leave it in the fridge.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Blue pen and started it last night only on small dose as need get it into system and check levels before each meal, having it once a day instead of Humalog 25% mix

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
levels been a little up today and only had an ommlette for lunch to try get them down but will up the insulin tonight and see what it is like tomorrow

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
levels been a little up today and only had an ommlette for lunch to try get them down but will up the insulin tonight and see what it is like tomorrow
Do note that since Tresiba lasts longer than the other long lasting insulins, it can take 2-3 days for changes to show any differences.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Levels still up even though exercised so will give it a few more days to see if it goes down