What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A morning in my art studio listening to Schuberts Impromptus, Beethovens Winterreise and painting, peace.

So finished the oil, added some highlights, got the tree more prominent and tidied up the edges of the monument, enough!
IMG_3460.JPG

Also started a new Watercolour of Essex Bridge a packhorse bridge over the Trent at Great Haywood, I have ridden horse and bike over 'this bridge, bike feels much safer than on horse back and many occasion I have chickened out and forded the river choosing wet over fright.
IMG_20200709_131633_edit.jpg

Hope to finish this afternoon.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Your a keen observer and a card, jjraak!
I must read you guys more, it might make me less sarcastic, not all humour is appreciated.
Derek

Good Moaning everyones..
a dulls tart tot he day here.

Dropped her Maj off at work,
traffic back to near normal.

London is or can be a beautiful city, once you raise your eyes above the Starbucks and corp USA we have plastered on every street corner.

and architecturally it should BE admired....

BUT not when your on a bicycle, chatting to a friend, and looking to the roof tops,
and in danger of becoming MY New unwanted Hood ornament.:watching:

Dufus....a toot from me...and an EEK, from him :woot:

and he moved aside..no harm done.

Bloods 6.2..and 40 minute brisk walk later..6.1..

Breakfast sorted, and on with the day.

first BIG supermarket later for spices/ingredients for tonight curry...ooh err.

a jaunt there on Pablo, and then once back plan is a nice sedate cycle ride .

Cat front....Marley comes out for breakfast all cute and bleary eyed, with a swishy tail. like he loves me

after breakfast saunters around like a boss, seemingly to remind me i am still just the 'help'...:rolleyes:

for the T&T ones hunting that elusive sweet spot for T2D...a few time a day now seems my lot.

i could check my heartbeat as often if i wanted to,
or my SpO2, ..but to what end ?

Test as you all see fit, of course,

just don't forget to enjoy the day,

the focus in LIFE,
is not to keep counting how many breathes you take,
but to keep taking those beautiful breathes and enjoy the world around
us as much as possible.

we taking a kicking
But keep on ticking.
Amen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not virtue signalling but highlighting a bonus from a long held idea. Thank you @DJC3 as about 2 years ago you told me about a friend of yours who recommended vivobarefoot shoes. We found a company called freet making similar products cheaper. These arrived today https://freetbarefoot.com/product/freet-tanga/ So far they are much better for my back and stability which is what I wanted. Basically anything to shave fractions off bg - marginal gains. The bonus is that they are - allegedly - made from 100% recycled coffee grounds. So thanks coffee drinkers.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Holland and Barrett saga continues. My Subscribe and Save order arrived late afternoon. 3 items missing. Another call to customer services to sort it - which they did and the missing items will be with me tomorrow.

I must say that customer services are friendly and efficient which sadly other departments are not.

Blood sugars have settled down and are staying in the 4s and 5s with no 3s.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting for today. In ZenBrush2 app.

I was attempting to do an orchid. The whole painting is done with the side or tip of my little right finger. The flowers in the middle were a bit too long, and then I managed to get a bit more control with my little finger and got shorter petals.

A lot more practice is needed.

C207529F-AFBA-4AA0-8C0C-F248F0023584.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A morning in my art studio listening to Schuberts Impromptus, Beethovens Winterreise and painting, peace.

So finished the oil, added some highlights, got the tree more prominent and tidied up the edges of the monument, enough!
View attachment 42568
Also started a new Watercolour of Essex Bridge a packhorse bridge over the Trent at Great Haywood, I have ridden horse and bike over 'this bridge, bike feels much safer than on horse back and many occasion I have chickened out and forded the river choosing wet over fright.
View attachment 42570

Hope to finish this afternoon.

The dramatic oil has worked out very well @Muddy Cyclist
I like it.

The watercolour is working out nicely.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting for today. In ZenBrush2 app.

I was attempting to do an orchid. The whole painting is done with the side or tip of my little right finger. The flowers in the middle were a bit too long, and then I managed to get a bit more control with my little finger and got shorter petals.

A lot more practice is needed.

View attachment 42588
An Orchid it is, we have many in our conservatory so I should know, real good image. Also I note the signature, well done.

Thank you for the comment on my oil painting. Let you into a secret, finished it off with Acrylics, whilst sniffing the turps bottle, don't tell the customer.

Watercolour still not finished so will be Friday's picture. Have to do my family challenge for Fridays virtual meal "The Solar Sytem' youngest grandaughter is into this at the moment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not virtue signalling but highlighting a bonus from a long held idea. Thank you @DJC3 as about 2 years ago you told me about a friend of yours who recommended vivobarefoot shoes. We found a company called freet making similar products cheaper. These arrived today https://freetbarefoot.com/product/freet-tanga/ So far they are much better for my back and stability which is what I wanted. Basically anything to shave fractions off bg - marginal gains. The bonus is that they are - allegedly - made from 100% recycled coffee grounds. So thanks coffee drinkers.

Glad you found a suitable alternative. That friend still swears by the Vivo ones and has several pairs now. I’m happy to carry on drinking coffee knowing it is contributing to your health and well-being - a real added bonus.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning was 4.2 I think, as son is staying with us and now every one seems to have different ideas on what to eat control is not so good made a big mistake today and had a roast beef sandwich for lunch blood sugar rose to 12.5 and didn't come down for some while but dropped to 5.7 eventually, son is cooking a birthday meal for his Mum Chicken Biryani dread to think what that will do to blood sugars but maybe a small portion won't do me too much harm.

And then there is the birthday cake OMG!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning was 4.2 I think, as son is staying with us and now every one seems to have different ideas on what to eat control is not so good made a big mistake today and had a roast beef sandwich for lunch blood sugar rose to 12.5 and didn't come down for some while but dropped to 5.7 eventually, son is cooking a birthday meal for his Mum Chicken Biryani dread to think what that will do to blood sugars but maybe a small portion won't do me too much harm.

And then there is the birthday cake OMG!
Ah yes. The old I can resist everything except temptation scenario. Don't scan after the curry and cake it will just make you Wilde.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An Orchid it is, we have many in our conservatory so I should know, real good image. Also I note the signature, well done.

Thank you for the comment on my oil painting. Let you into a secret, finished it off with Acrylics, whilst sniffing the turps bottle, don't tell the customer.

Watercolour still not finished so will be Friday's picture. Have to do my family challenge for Fridays virtual meal "The Solar Sytem' youngest grandaughter is into this at the moment.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

I promise I won't tell!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 this morning

mr gee and I were away to the charity 'shed' today for a couple of hours, hiding out in a 'staff only' room and wearing our masks ;)

Not too many customer type people about so far and, I think, about 60% mask wearing. Everyone was being reminded as they left that from tomorrow, 'no mask no entry' is the rule :)

More covid relaxations announced for Scotland today, some from tomorrow and some coming into force next week.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - nice orchid study :) 'finger' painting seems to suit well with this app.

@Muddy Cyclist - yes, that's made the tree 'pop' very satisfactorily, your commissioner should be delighted. Plus it's an interesting start to the next painting, very architectural already :) I enjoy the varied responses you generate to the weekly challenge too.

Arty bit -

just a standard seascape, the sea and sky seemed surprisingly different on the day, the sky was quite monochrome but the sea and other colours were quite strong.

I've got a bottle of that 'resist' fluid now so I shall begin some experiments to see how it handles I think.

upload_2020-7-9_19-34-12.jpeg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ah yes. The old I can resist everything except temptation scenario. Don't scan after the curry and cake it will just make you Wilde.
No don't worry I won't especially as Keiran came home with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts for his Nan as well.
Judith has had a very good day despite working from home but she did get a little exasperated when I woke her up at 6:30 AM with Alexa (Amazon Echo) playing Stevie Wonder's happy birthday to you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 this morning

mr gee and I were away to the charity 'shed' today for a couple of hours, hiding out in a 'staff only' room and wearing our masks ;)

Not too many customer type people about so far and, I think, about 60% mask wearing. Everyone was being reminded as they left that from tomorrow, 'no mask no entry' is the rule :)

More covid relaxations announced for Scotland today, some from tomorrow and some coming into force next week.

@gennepher - nice orchid study :) 'finger' painting seems to suit well with this app.

@Muddy Cyclist - yes, that's made the tree 'pop' very satisfactorily, your commissioner should be delighted. Plus it's an interesting start to the next painting, very architectural already :) I enjoy the varied responses you generate to the weekly challenge too.

Arty bit -

just a standard seascape, the sea and sky seemed surprisingly different on the day, the sky was quite monochrome but the sea and other colours were quite strong.

I've got a bottle of that 'resist' fluid now so I shall begin some experiments to see how it handles I think.

View attachment 42590

Thank you @geefull

A peaceful painting. Your style of painting will change slightly as time goes on and you experiment.

Have fun with the 'resist' stuff.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 this morning

Arty bit -

View attachment 42590
Thank you for your comments on my two attempts at architecture, I really don't do bricks so a new venture for me.

Like your Sea/landscape, reminds me of my road trip along the west coast of Scotland and again you have added so much detail in those distant hills. Enjoy experimenting with the resist fluid, I await the results with interest.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.6

Temp35.7

Arthritis flared up badly last night, especially in right wrist. Nothing worked to stop the pain. No med, or strategy, or anything worked for sleep.

Turned into a zombie by this morning...

Take care...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.6

Temp35.7

Arthritis flared up badly last night, especially in right wrist. Nothing worked to stop the pain. No med, or strategy, or anything worked for sleep.

Turned into a zombie by this morning...

Take care...
@gennepher so sorry to hear that your arthritis flared up last night and that none of your meds or strategies worked. I do hope it starts to settle down soon and you can get some rest.