What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very wet day here in Southend.....makes a change as we hardly get any rain
Getting used to lockdown...fortnightly shop....then just a walk now an then and Rome around our garden,lots growing..peas,beans,radishes,courgettes,raspberries,strawberries,lettuce,spring onions,onions,lemon seeds,orange seeds,avocado plant from stone now 6 foot tall,basil,thyme,chives,lemon mint,pineapple mint,tomatoes various,coriander,cucumbers,and a cox apple tree.
View attachment 41977found time to make a weather vane.

Hi both good to hear your update. And moreso the amount you having growing in your garden. Cant grow much in ours as we are inundated with both bindweed and yarrow. Also the dog likes digging things up so I'm not sure a variety of veg in our garden would work.

Things here are quiet. Stepson home from his mother's so getting used to the different sounds from him again.

Not up to much, bit of decorating but nothing to say 'wow look at me'

Shops open today and some of the videos I have seen from our local area make me want to stay home and hibernate for a few more months.

I hope all are well. I've noticed most people have moved over to a different thread on the forum. I can see this thread going to the darkside ha ha

Look after yourselves

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful sunny day here in the good old Midlands. I'll be up and about in a while doing the laundry and getting it dry.

Nowt much else planned for today. Send hubby shopping and crack the whip over the stepson to complete his college work.

Had the younglings yesterday and they all had takeaway pizza whilst I was stuck slaving over a pan full of paella. Dont much like pizza, too heavy on the stomach. The paella was lovely.

Hi to anyone thats around. Havent seen some of the old regulars for a while so hoping you're all well

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
All well herejust got a 7 day tour based in Padstow,group of 10 Swiss all one family so I am told,have been busy installing no touch anti-virus hand sanitiser...and drivers Perspex screen...taken all fold-down plastic trays at rear of each coach seat off....less to clean , carpet taken up ...easier to mop floor,seats nor to be used taped off,supplies of masks gloves and aprons at the ready‍

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just heard from my boss....coach tour cancelled...bus up for sale

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yep fraid so....but hey ho I’m 69 so had a good go at coach driving this past 25 years, lots of great memories and met lots of interesting people
Did a lot of work for House of Commons,was on the Obama visit for Iranian nuclear talks in wales...got invited into dinner at Iranian embassy
Took Saudi crown prince and his wife and 2 princesses to bath for a day trip.........transferred NELSON MANDELA AND DESMOND TUTUto British museum where they were guest of honour,numerous millionaires and their families hither and yon....complete tour of uk for 4 weeks with steel billlionaire and his family...just a few of my Happy memories

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thankyou @wolfie11969
We are both viewing our options work wise,I’m going to keep my D1 license,and go freelance....
We would have gone into London to celebrate at the Phene pub in Chelsea.....but we decided I’d cook a steak dinner
How’s you and family....wishing for peace yet
Getting used to being able to visit shops again?
Hope everyone is helping you at home and grandchildren behave

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou @wolfie11969
We are both viewing our options work wise,I’m going to keep my D1 license,and go freelance....
We would have gone into London to celebrate at the Phene pub in Chelsea.....but we decided I’d cook a steak dinner
How’s you and family....wishing for peace yet
Getting used to being able to visit shops again?
Hope everyone is helping you at home and grandchildren behave

Hmm steak dinner, yummy

Family all fine. Little one well she let me do her insulin twice yesterday so fingers crossed we will soon be back to where we can take the wee ones out for the day.

Elder granddaughter stayed for a few days so she could get her hair cut etc. She's onlly 11 but my is she sullen ha ha. No amount of trying to cheer her up worked.

Shopping - been twice to the big out of town shopping centre. Bit odd but not as many people just lots of cars.

How's things with you and Ms Molly at the moment?

Have either of you heard from Cumberland?

Take care

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie,sounds like little one with diabetes is making good progress
IMG_1573.jpg
just received molly’s flowers,she’s very happy,recreated the bridal bouquet, now for the steak dinner
Ps no sign of Cumberland ,

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just readying my metal detecting gear........need to find a treasure or two.....lots of time to do it now

Reactions: Barb McD

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Not much going on in Wolfie's world. Grandkids off on holiday with their mom. Stepson at his mother's so only me and hubby and the dog rattling around this big house.

Off into town later, have some items of hubby's to return. And some items to pick up whilst there is stilll summer stock on the shelves.

Our holiday to Malta was cancelled twice so we opted to go to Turkey instead being as our holiday rep wasnt running any trips to Malta until next summer. We didnt want to lose our money, or pay the over inflated prices places were asking for next year so in October we fly to Turkey. I've told hubby this gets cancelled and I want him to get out money back and we will go to London instead. Just a palaver.

I hope one and all are keeping well

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi@wolfie11969,were both happy an healthy at the mo’,my boss is about to give me my redundancy term’s,which we hope his calculations are correct...otherwise there’s going to be......battle ahead.
Anyway molly56 has got appointment for her 1st cataract op’ on 1st of aug...this has meant both of us isolating again so the op can go ahead.....then all being well,she will have 2nd eye done 3 weeks later.
Sounds like a good time for you an hubby to go for walks...picnics etc and enjoy each other’s company.
Been to turkey it was lovely and weather great...sure you will enjoy it..and once all settles down finally get to Malta.
Ps if you go to London....visit Fortnum and masons restraunt on the first floor.....worth it food is nice

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi@wolfie11969,were both happy an healthy at the mo’,my boss is about to give me my redundancy term’s,which we hope his calculations are correct...otherwise there’s going to be......battle ahead.
Anyway molly56 has got appointment for her 1st cataract op’ on 1st of aug...this has meant both of us isolating again so the op can go ahead.....then all being well,she will have 2nd eye done 3 weeks later.
Sounds like a good time for you an hubby to go for walks...picnics etc and enjoy each other’s company.
Been to turkey it was lovely and weather great...sure you will enjoy it..and once all settles down finally get to Malta.
Ps if you go to London....visit Fortnum and masons restraunt on the first floor.....worth it food is nice

Good look to MS Molly with her upcoming ops. I dont know anything about cataract ops so hope the recovery is quick for you.

Good luck with your redundancy package too. Uncertain times at the moment.

And yes looking forward to Turkey. I'm looking forward to having a break with some good books on the old e-reader.

And I'd love to go somewhere like F&M but hubby is a fussy eater and would probably turn his nose up at whatever beatufil food they served. He can sense peas and pea protein at 100 yards :D

Enjoy your weekend both of you

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good look to MS Molly with her upcoming ops. I dont know anything about cataract ops so hope the recovery is quick for you.

Enjoy your weekend both of you
@wolfie11969 ...thank you for your kind wishes.....first op next Friday so hopefully this time next week I should be seeing a bit more clearly......have been in touch with Cumberland via email as he has had both his eyes done and he has offered some good advice and reassurances that it will all be fine which is what I am holding on to.....am sure Clive will look after me and will be making sure that I follow all instructions given....have been told no housework or gardening for two weeks after so good excuse to sit around and do some of my craft projects and binge watch something on tv...
Hope you enjoy your holiday in Turkey when it comes around....any plans for a holiday for us put on hold for the moment bu5 not too bothered as just enjoying time together in home and garden...the fact that Clive is no longer working does have its benefits at least in the short term.
Hope you have a good weekend :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not doing a lot today, I'm not even dressed. I'm not well so having a day off from the mundane things

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not doing a lot today, I'm not even dressed. I'm not well so having a day off from the mundane things
@wolfie11969 ......hope you feel better soon, no harm in having a day off from chores....am doing the same myself at the moment