Lancet devices

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Using the (was using the one I got originally) but the spring is gone , luckily I have a spare one going , thing is they only come with meters included at the pharmacy and I don't need another meter, tried contacting the makers but no reply in overvalued week , are there any robust ones out there that wont cost the earth to buy and the Lancers are readily available

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

What lancing device do you use. Or more importantly what lancets are prescribed?

The devices can be obtained seperate from the meter.. If it's something like "Fastclix?"

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The one i was using was a glucoject one, I've since switched to a one touch delica plus , do companies sell these separately

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The one i was using was a glucoject one, I've since switched to a one touch delica plus , do companies sell these separately

I've done a little search. i dern't post any links. But there is sites selling them separately. (Prices seem to vary?)

Try ringing the company? If they are anything like Roche, (my meter's makers.) they might send you a replacement for gratis..

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Get your gp to prescribed a box of glucorx 3og lancets, device included or p m your address I put 2 in post but won't be to next week

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I had a one touch delica device for years and then the cover 'hooks' snapped. I took some pictures and emailed one touch customer services and they sent a replacement within a few days. This was late last year so maybe they've got fewer people working now due to the pandemic? They sent the replacement free of charge so if you haven't had a reply maybe ring them?
I love the device especially the size and small lancet gauge, been using them for years and years!

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks everyone for the comments and offers , my pharmacy sorted me (well ordered me 2 devices) the delcia plus so should have it in a few days

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I pressed the lancet in too hard into my lancing device (Sinocare), and the spring broke. Lesson learnt there. I've ordered 2 on Amazon for tomorrow, so I have a spare:
1. Canyita Blood Lancet Pen (can't see the lancet properly, but I think the blue lancets you push in are all standard): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZSFTPR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. eFast Lancing Device: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08J81TP2T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
As the only function of the lancing device is to get blood out of your finger, it doesn't have to be the same make as the actual meter. The meter won't care as long as enough blood comes out and is registered on the strip.