Type 1 Help urgent !!!

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been on tresiba for 3 days awful awful bloods have been higher than ever the nurse said on Friday if I don't like tresbia I can switch back to levimir but try twice a day instead.

So now its Sunday and I wanna take my levimir tonight im concerned how because degludec tresiba lasts 42 hours. Took 20 thursday friday 22 Saturday 24.

I rang 111 got put through to out of hours doctor who said my ketone are normal no fever etc speak to diabetes nurse monday.

I just want to know will it be OK to take levimir tonight my normal dose or will the degludec interfere with it. I cannot take another dose of that awful stuff

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been on tresiba for 3 days awful awful bloods have been higher than ever the nurse said on Friday if I don't like tresbia I can switch back to levimir but try twice a day instead.

So now its Sunday and I wanna take my levimir tonight im concerned how because degludec tresiba lasts 42 hours. Took 20 thursday friday 22 Saturday 24.

I rang 111 got put through to out of hours doctor who said my ketone are normal no fever etc speak to diabetes nurse monday.

I just want to know will it be OK to take levimir tonight my normal dose or will the degludec interfere with it. I cannot take another dose of that awful stuff
@Damonite I’m T2 diet controlled so can offer no advice but I’ve tagged some T1s, such as @Jaylee, @porl69, @Robinredbreast, @hh1 and @EllieM who may be able to help.

Reactions: Damonite

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you also on a meal time 'Bolus' insulin'. You don't mention that. If you are on a Bolus make sure you are carb-counting it. If not on a Bolus insulin, insist the surgery adds that as NICE says all T1s should be on the Basal/Bolus insulin regime (Google it)

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you also on a meal time 'Bolus' insulin'. You don't mention that. If you are on a Bolus make sure you are carb-counting it. If not on a Bolus insulin, insist the surgery adds that as NICE says all T1s should be on the Basal/Bolus insulin regime (Google it)
Yeah i am on novorapid I carb count all that is fine.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I found it took a week to settle when I changed to Tresiba, settle but not be right as that took a few months, worth working at as it's the best basal insulin.

Reactions: Damonite

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I havent used Tresiba for over a year now due to pumping BUT I did find it took a while to get used to it and into my system. I did find it a much better insulin than Levemir due to the flatter profile of it
Sorry for the late reply

Reactions: kev-w