Urgent help basel insulin

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I change to tresbia thursday since then. Bloods Been everywhere I did 20 thurs 22 friday 24 Saturday night.

I want to now give myself tonight (sunday) my usual 25 levimir.

I dont know how to do it because I know tresbia lasts like 3 days in your system?

I will speak to my nurse Monday but I know she won't mind me going back to levimir. Please help

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Damonite - Why do you want to do this tonight? Can any change you feel you want to make not be deferred until you have spoken with your team tomorrow?

Nobody on this team can give you dosing advice, which would constitute medical advice.

If there is an imperative, involving your medical safety, then I feel sure 111 could help you out, with either direct advice, or more likely a call back from someone medically appropriate.

If it's that you don't feel you are going to get along with Tresiba, then can it not wait, 24 hours before making any changes?

Reactions: Damonite

Damonite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Damonite - Why do you want to do this tonight? Can any change you feel you want to make not be deferred until you have spoken with your team tomorrow?

Nobody on this team can give you dosing advice, which would constitute medical advice.

If there is an imperative, involving your medical safety, then I feel sure 111 could help you out, with either direct advice, or more likely a call back from someone medically appropriate.

If it's that you don't feel you are going to get along with Tresiba, then can it not wait, 24 hours before making any changes?
I spoke to 111 not helpful at all but I'm just gonna contact nurse tomorrow