Blood Glucose lower 2 hours after eating.

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Films with Nicholas Cage !
Here is an offer I got from Home Health:

"We have a special promotion for switching Codefree customers to the GlucoNavii, whereby if you buy a meter with 2 or more packs of strips from the below link and add the discount code "dcuk" at checkout, we will subtract the price of the meter.

https://homehealth-uk.com/all-produ...ose-meter-test-strips-choose-mmol-l-or-mg-dl/

There are also discount codes for when you come to buy more strips - "navii5" and "navii10" will give you 20% off purchases of 5 packs of strips and 25% off 10 packs of strips respectively (these are printed on a business card supplied with the meter like with the Codefree).

Please note that the 20% discount off 5 packs of strips has already been applied to the meter plus 5 strips price if you buy from the above link."

This was on 16th April but I think it very probable they would extend the offer to you if you contacted them. I have found the Navii very similar to the Codefree, except that its readings tend to be a bit lower, though not consistently.
That's very handy, I'll be going for that...

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Films with Nicholas Cage !
As you probably know, one of the 3 WHO criteria for a diagnosis of pre-diabetes is a fasting bg of 5.6 or higher. Since you already eating an impeccably low carb diet, I'm wondering if you could lower your fasting bg simply by shifting the bulk of your eating to earlier in the day. If you want to, of course.
About four years ago during my annual MOT at the doctors, it was pointed out to me that my fasting blood glucose was 6.1 mmol/L and that I was classed as pre-diabetique. The doctor didn't seem unduly concerned and just recommended that I lose a few kilos. ****, I'd been trying to lose weight for the last thirty years , with absolutely no success. But this was a real wake-up for me and luckily I stumbled on this site. I signed up for the Low Carb thing and within six months had lost 25 kilos.
But ! although my diet is low carb my fasting blood glucose is still hovering around 6.0 mmol/L.... according to my Codefree meter. I'm not too concerned because comparing results from the Laboratoire and my Codefree seem to indicate that my Codefree is consistently reading 0.7 mmol/L higher which means that my actual fasting blood glucose is around 5.3mmol/L...... my wife's is 4.8 on her Codefree ! Besom !
For experimental purposes I'll take your advice and bring forward my main meal. This will be pretty easy to do because I lost my wife in February and live alone. She's not dead or run off or anything like that, I mean I've misplaced her. I left her in Glasgow to look after her ailing sister and came home to France expecting her to be home within a few weeks.
Then the Plague struck. And she's been trapped in Glasgow ever since....