What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think its anxiety with me...even though I think I am ok.

Same here, think that was the cause of the stomach pain too. We’ll be ok eventually I know, it’s just a bit frustrating atm isn’t it!
V

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @ianpspurs. What a lovely reading to start Sunday morning. V. 7 is a good reminder as well.

@DJC3 I am sorry to hear about your stomachache. I hope it is better by now.

6 for me this morning. I don't deserve it, but I will celebrate it nonetheless. :)

Thanks Saskia and well done on your fbg today!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. I read the article which enraged @Debandez. Took it to mean just because, at a certain level, carbs ain't good for diabetics doesn't mean none is obviously best. Some more fat than has been the norm might not be too bad for you but bacon, eggs and double cream 4 times a day ain't good either. Never mind carbs/macros, be nutrition led. It clearly mentions real food and supports veg and salad = winner. From my experience weight loss - which it harps on about - is key. Does anyone seriously think a banana now and again is the work of the devil or as bad a pile of sugar cubes? That article is very much the wrong hill to die on IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops. Just picked up and drank the wrong coffee! Julie's with normal milk and full sugar caramel. Just checked bg and suddenly shot up to 6.8 - wow! More steps needed asap. Climbed to 9.2 after 40 mins - impressive!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops. Just picked up and drank the wrong coffee! Julie's with normal milk and full sugar caramel. Just checked bg and suddenly shot up to 6.8 - wow! More steps needed asap. Climbed to 9.2 after 40 mins - impressive!

Wow! I think this is where the Libre really comes into its own - tracking the speed of rise and fall. I’ve sometimes found ( after a lot of protein usually) my 2 hr reading is ok but might be higher at 3hrs - Id have missed this with finger prick.
I’ll be interested to see how quickly it comes down again.