CGM Trouble

Txtigger48

Hello. I've had Type 1 diabetes for almost 36 years. I went on an insulin pump about a year ago. I've got a CGM that links with my pump. I am supposed to wear the sensor for my CGM for 7 days at a time. I'm having trouble with the tape. The tape won't stick for 7 days, and I'm having terrible skin reactions to it. I called the pump company and basically got no help. I was told by my doctor to find hypoallergenic tape. I purchased Nexcare Tegaderm transparent wound dressing, and I'm still having the same skin reaction. It basically causes blisters on my skin and my skin peels off leaving terrible sores and a rash. Any suggestions???

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It will be trial and error to find out which will work for you.

Skin Tac and Skin Prep - both as a possible barrier between the skin and adhesive.
Tegaderm, IV 3000, or Opsite Flexifix, Mastisol
Bard Protective Barrier film wipes,

Flonase sprayed on and dried before you apply
Applying cortisone cream to the site immediately after removing

Last edited:
Reactions: Banacheque

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello. I've had Type 1 diabetes for almost 36 years. I went on an insulin pump about a year ago. I've got a CGM that links with my pump. I am supposed to wear the sensor for my CGM for 7 days at a time. I'm having trouble with the tape. The tape won't stick for 7 days, and I'm having terrible skin reactions to it. I called the pump company and basically got no help. I was told by my doctor to find hypoallergenic tape. I purchased Nexcare Tegaderm transparent wound dressing, and I'm still having the same skin reaction. It basically causes blisters on my skin and my skin peels off leaving terrible sores and a rash. Any suggestions???

There is a Facebook page titled Dexcom and Libre Rash. It is a closed group but it's easy to join.

If you do join you will see some of the extreme lengths that some people go to, including removal of the adhesive pad.

You can also find a few "how to" videos on YouTube.

Some people have allergic reactions to all types of adhesives that are in contact with the skin for long periods. Can you wear wound dressings and plasters without a reaction?