Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
You were up early Karen! Enjoy your day too.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, have a good day.
Our posts seem to have diminished recently; is this because of the general slump, a slump that’s part of the pandemic reaction cycle? I’ve noticed it beyond this thread, in my friends.
I hope it’s because we’re all outdoors, or slowly getting back to a more ‘normal’ life.
It was great to see older daughter yesterday, and to be outdoors a lot too despite the grey damp weather.
4.8 on waking today. If I could get the midday peaks to flatten I’d be very happy. I’ve a tactic that sometimes works, but sometimes it doesn’t no matter what colour socks I wear. Ah well, what can you expect from an ersatz pancreas.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. Diabetes can go and do one today. Woke to a 16, been rage blousing and currently sat on a 12.8 with a south - easterly arrow, which Watlaa has just buzzed me as its now a south facing arrow. Getting ready with the jelly babies in around 3/4 of an hour :bag::bag:

Reactions: kev-w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Diabetes can go and do one today. Woke to a 16, been rage blousing and currently sat on a 12.8 with a south - easterly arrow, which Watlaa has just buzzed me as its now a south facing arrow. Getting ready with the jelly babies in around 3/4 of an hour :bag::bag:
i was the same yesterday afternoon porl69 bgs hit 16s bolused and a couple of hours later dropping like a fly x

Reactions: porl69

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I have had the Miao Miao on my dog for a few days now. I think I like it. My dog is very erratic. She had one low one night. I have it at 110 for a warning. I got up and gave her a little syrup, but it she doesn't look like she was going to drop lower as she started to go up before the syrup could possibly have kicked in. I figure by the time I get out of bed and she has a very slow digestion I needed it at that number.

I wanted to put the high at 500 lol...................I have it at 400 now because that is the highest it will let me set it. After a couple of nights the alarm going off for a high and my husband sleeping through it, I changed it to the highest setting it would let me. So that's exasperating. But I wanted it mostly for the low alerts for sleeping. The highs my husband checks her with a quick scan a couple of times during the night when he gets up to go to the bathroom, so those are caught in time and an adjustment is given if she is over 300.

But the Miao Miao is on my phone at my bedside so it wakes me, I don't go back to sleep easily and prefer my husband to take care of the highs as he always has with him scanning her and I will take care of the lows as I am usually always the one that deals with those. So hopefully that works. If it doesn't let me get my sleep lol, I will have to check out the xdrip ap for it instead of the tomato ap

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good morning all, have a good day.
Our posts seem to have diminished recently; is this because of the general slump, a slump that’s part of the pandemic reaction cycle? I’ve noticed it beyond this thread, in my friends.
I hope it’s because we’re all outdoors, or slowly getting back to a more ‘normal’ life.
It was great to see older daughter yesterday, and to be outdoors a lot too despite the grey damp weather.
4.8 on waking today. If I could get the midday peaks to flatten I’d be very happy. I’ve a tactic that sometimes works, but sometimes it doesn’t no matter what colour socks I wear. Ah well, what can you expect from an ersatz pancreas.
Morning all! In my case it’s been because I’m combining a full time job with a full time university course plus having to fight a disability equality case on the side :D
Morning all. Dosed for a foot on the floor that didn’t happen (my liver is a bit unreliable on that) but rescued myself before hitting 4, so no harm done. Loop picked up the slack and stopped a rebound high. So that’s nice. Working today :)

E6E701CF-8C7B-45D4-8891-F73B88861163.png

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@LooperCat, you’re a very special case! Have you finished the assignment? I do hope so.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening!

I'm ploughing through a mass of on-line training by way of a bit of variety this week - and spending time online otherwise is not very appealing.

However, there's so little going on in my world other than getting through this era. Diabetes has even been, dare I risk saying it, remarkably uneventful.

I am slowly easing back to normal kinds of activities as far as I can and we are very likely to be back at work in as normal a fashion as we can come September. So, hopefully, it'll all get a bit more interesting soon. Well, I'd like diabetes to stay uninteresting, but who knows... I have some new socks I've not worn yet!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening, busy days :banghead: and another late tea, I've some haddock in the oven and a supermarket Spanish omelette to warm up for the carb portion strangely enough but it's got spud in it :) veg and a béarnaise sauce and I'm starving just writing it down :p

I've cut teatime carbs by 40 or 50g recently as being out of the gym and away from the ladders was seeing the beginnings of some weight gain but I'm anticipating the local pool opening pretty soon so that'll be a start to me eating properly once again :).

Xal

I have had some good days recently- adjusted my basal dosing which has stopped the daily hypos . My BGs seem to be stabilising- I do wonder if the lack of work stress is the key to halting the rollercoaster of highs and lows?

Perhaps I am slowly getting to grips with the challenges of life with T1D - who knows !

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well in these weird times.

@ loopercat seems you have a lot on your plate so I am sending good wishes and positive vibes

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. The dreaded DP has hit again today....not going to adjust my basal as yet as I know if I do then it wont come along and I will wake hypo. See what happens in the morning

Reactions: SueJB and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mornin’ all. Husband cooked spag bol last night and you can guess the rest. I’d cooked it the last few times we’ve had it and I’d forgotten just how much oil he puts in the pan. He’s seen our Greek friends’ home cooking and followed suit. Shame we’ve not got a few olive trees and access to a press.
Hope the work stress beats a retreat even when you get back there @Xal. You’ve really got this T1 thing sorted.
I used to find that dealing with foot on the floor, time schedules, journeys, other people’s sudden needs, hopeless onsite food etc could play havoc with bloods if I let it. I do miss the nicest of the people I worked with though, and especially now when it’s only talking on the phone or online and meeting’s impossible without turning away every time I laugh.
Did the DP call this morning @porl69? The little blighter’s such a diva.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Me too @porl69, 3rd night in a row, I'm trying to figure out if it's here to stay or??? I did boost an extra half unit at 4:30 am for tonight..................maybe just because I did that it will not happen.:angelic: But I do have a alert to let me know if it doesn't.

I had a little over a cup of potato salad and I had it in my head it was 25 carbs per half cup, so I took insulin for 50 carbs and an hour later I started dropping, ate some pineapple 10 carbs, kept dropping, had a date 15 carbs, then some chocolate soymilk (23 carbs ) finally at least back up to 4.2 and now going up instead of down.......................what the heck is going on???? But at least I am finally not trying to crash. And then it dawned on me...did I really just do that? Potato salad is 25 carbs for one cup, not a half cup. Sigh how stupid.........Well the pineapple, coconut rolled date and chocolate soymilk were good at least lol.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Checking in. I’ve definitely been a bit AWOL this week. Able to be out and seeing people a bit more which is good (at a distance!).

I’ve done everything wrong today in terms of food choices etc, but totally got away with it. In range all day. That makes up for the 100 other days where I did everything right and it was all over the shop!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a slight accident yesterday and hurt my foot, bruised over the top, very painful, hobbling along! Going to get an x-ray tomorrow just to be safe. Feeling very much like it could be a fracture at this point :(

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had adjusted my pump for extra insulin at 4:30 am because DP had been flaring up for 3 nights. Yes it did flare up..............at 3:00 am instead....arghhh lol. It actually woke me up I think, I can usually sleep through it unless it gets way way high, But I woke up at 4:00 am at a 9.9, I had a climb of 3.5 points in 40 minutes in the middle of the night.............