What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So much for the dry day for today that was forecast yesterday. My washing is hanging limply on the line and the rain is hammering down. :mad:

I knew there was something wrong yesterday when my BGs stayed fairly high through the day then just carried on climbing and climbing after dinner. Then at 9pm I started a headache which rapidly escalated in to the second migraine I have ever had. I went for a lie-down bed at 9.30 and didn't wake up until 10 this morning. Poor Mr C - when he got home at 10.30 last night he wondered what was going on as I hadn't left a note and the dogs were acting very oddly. I am fine this morning apart from a minor headache over one eye.I

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi on the side
Lunch: probably nothing - yes, for the first time ever, I don't fancy cheese
Dinner: Oomph spiced kebab and salad from the garden (if it ever stops raining), h/m tomato salsa and soured cream

Feeling so sorry for you @Chook with your migraine. It's an awful thing - one that seems to run in our family - and there's nothing you can do, is there? Just wait it out. Sleep is the best thing you can do, if you can manage it. Hope it doesn't happen very often. I used to have them very frequently, but (touch wood) I haven't had one for a few years. Maybe I just grew out of it - or maybe it was something to do with diabetes. Glad to see the back of it anyway.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and thanks for your input. We have tried this for some other repairs with mostly good results, but I think these repairs are totally beyond me.

Radiator? Or hopefully hose? Gone on the mower.
Major fuel leak on the tractor.

I have however managed to get a new gas bottle fitted, so can continue with freezing vegetables and pickling walnuts.

MrSlim says "won't be long now" and " two weeks " but has not yet given me a date.
Am suspicious, maybe he plans to just turn up? Perhaps before he is expected.
Time for a blitz on the house. And to cut the hedgeView attachment 42680View attachment 42681

Hug for the problems you are having with machinery. I would be absolutely helpless given those problems. Hope Mr Slim will be able to do something once he gets back.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Am not sure that would make any difference to his plans. Since he is the big spender, although that is mostly on building materials.
Did ask for a petrol driven lawn mower. To get into all the places ride on mower won't go. When it is fixed
1000L Water butt
Air fryer
He sent me an article explaining why they are rubbish in response :bigtears: current plan, look into halogen fryers instead :rolleyes:

And try to be ready for un - expected arrival

Better shampoo the cat, :cat: she needs to make a good impression.

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am not sure that would make any difference to his plans. Since he is the big spender, although that is mostly on building materials.
Did ask for a petrol driven lawn mower. To get into all the places ride on mower won't go. When it is fixed
1000L Water butt
Air fryer
He sent me an article explaining why they are rubbish in response :bigtears: current plan, look into halogen fryers instead :rolleyes:

And try to be ready for un - expected arrival

Better shampoo the cat, :cat: she needs to make a good impression.

Well, I'm sure, like everything else, not everyone gets on with every gadget, but in this house, the air fryer has been voted a best buy for some time now.

I've never experienced a halogen oven, but I think @Brunneria has both, so she might be able to give you an insight into any pros and cons.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll go sailing this afternoon with a friend.
I'll take cold slices of baked celeriac with bacon and cheese, peanuts, smokey bbq almonds, strawberries, sweets, coffee, tea and an apple with me. My friend doubtlessly brings things as well so no clue yet what I'll eat. I'll send you a pic tonight :happy:.
I forgot the coffee and the tea in the car!
Not a problem, we had a very fun encounter with a pretty blue ship when we overhauled them. Exchanging niceties like 'nice weather, beautiful day' and such when I let slip that we'd forgotten our beverages.
The friendly older couple immediately told us to sail closer so we could hand over our mugs so they could fill them up for us!

Apart from that, I had my cold celeriac slices, strawberries, sweet melon my friend brought, very much worth injecting for, and some almonds.
Now at home enjoying a beer. Evening meal will be mixed veggies (mainly cabbage and mushrooms) and baked pork belly pieces with my exciting new condiments and spices :)

109654033_10221333774248190_2251234999706154679_o.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I inserted some garlic slivers in to the cross on top of the cheese and some crushed garlic in to the olive oil to roast the veg in and it was lovely but VERY garlicy. I used to have this regularly about six months ago and somehow forgot how nice it is.

I won't be having visits from vampires tonight!! ;)
I've always liked putting whole garlic cloves, rosemary and some lemon juice into slits on a leg of lamb. Slow cook after. It gives it a different flavour.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've always liked putting whole garlic cloves, rosemary and some lemon juice into slits on a leg of lamb. Slow cook after. It gives it a different flavour.

I love just roasting whole bulbs of garlic. Probably boosts the sugar level, but it tastes so good.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hooray new tooth bridge work completed this morning. Unhappy with bill but very, very happy with finished work - he also “threw into the cost “ a major repair of a tooth I broke during lockdown which made me feel better about total bill - plus had long chat about keto with dentist who has lost several stone over lockdown by switching to low carb so interesting conversation and I’m so pleased now that the freeze has worn off and I’m getting used to my bridge. I feel younger - no longer having that Poor fitting temporary partial denture!
Omad - couldn’t eat earlier due to dental work and freeze just stuck to hot drinks.
Garlic and herb chicken with coleslaw, green salad and celeriac chips plus a few glasses of cremant de Loire to celebrate new bridge followed by sf jelly a few berries from garden and extra thick cream just had decaff coffee with a few squares of the 100% choc with mint oil and decaff coffee.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 6.4 FBG 5.2 - a good day until it decided to shoot up to 9.1 pre dinner for no reason. @shelley262- I'm working up to calling my dentist about my bridge. I still can't get it in my mouth so I dreading him saying I'll need a new one. Mentioned before it was £400 but that was a while back! @Chook - so glad you woke up feeling better. @Goonergal - parmesan wings. Mmmmm- Hubby has developed quite a liking for them too.
B. Stuck with toasted LC bread with ham and coleslaw. TAG.
L. Had to make a trip to the butcher to get boiling beef for Hubby's soup. Not really soup weather but when boys ask boys get. No 1 has has a sickness bug so feel rather under the weather.
D. Garlic & parmesan chicken tenders, that I got at the butchers, with veggie chips and.....4 squares of Godiva. I'm now telling myself that 4 squares at a time it goes quick.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Elevensies: black coffee and Mississippi phd bar
Lunch: Babybels followed by Greek yoghurt, blackberries LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: Peking style ribs with roasted Mediterranean Veggies (all the better for being cooked by hubby on my return from a week at Mum’s) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a repetitive day today. We were meeting friends for a socially distanced picnic and walk so
B.some meat and cheese combos from Morrisons picnic range while packing picnic
L some meat and cheese combos from Morrisons picnic range and a few square of cauliflower cheese savoury (hubby has sausage rolls and an apple as extra treats)
D a couple more meat and cheese combos followed by bit of steak and some stir fry veg.
3 glasses red wine while doing 2 zoom socials.

Loved the social aspect of today. Nothing else beats meeting people in person for the wide ranging fast flowing chat, but is was nice to see others on zoom as well.

Last edited:

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
I had a really horrible Greggs vegan sausage roll, i was out and about...never again...I don't trust Quorn products one bit....I had a bit of Glase ice cream...then i made a vegan cottage pie with vegan mince, onion, mushrooms garlic, it was delicious topped with sweet potato...I have had more vegan ice cream..yogurt and an apple with peanut butter ready for bed...x

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness
Bit of a receptive day today. We were meeting friends for a socially distanced picnic and walk so
B.some meat and cheese combos from Morrisons picnic range while packing picnic
L some meat and cheese combos from Morrisons picnic range and a few square of cauliflower cheese savoury (hubby has sausage rolls and an apple as extra treats)
D a couple more meat and cheese combos followed by bit of steak and some stir fry veg.
3 glasses red wine while doing 2 zoom socials.

Loved the social aspect of today. Nothing else beats meeting people in person for the wide ranging fast flowing chat, but is was nice to see others on zoom as well.
I was looking into Zoom today as i'm missing my work out at Waterloo...I couldn't make sense of it..x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee and TWAM until around 2 pm then croque monsieur made with 90 second mug bread. 3 HC buttons afterwards used to scoop up clotted cream.
Dinner was chicken and bacon in a garlic and mushroom cream sauce, with broccoli. Followed @shelley262 ‘s method for the sauce, plus added @Antje77 ‘s dash of fish sauce which gave a good umami touch. Thanks both.
Also had red wine, nearly forgot.
@Chook glad the migraine has gone now - they are horrible and so debilitating you have my sympathy.
@shelley262 glad the dentist was a success and your bridge is sorted - it’s always good to chat to someone who’s having success with low carb eating, what an enlightened dentist.
@SlimLizzy I do hope Mr Slim gets back sooner rather than later. I’ve no idea what on earth those photos were but I feel daunted on your behalf.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was looking into Zoom today as i'm missing my work out at Waterloo...I couldn't make sense of it..x

Zoom is easy to use, as long as someone else hosts the meeting. It gets a bit complicated if you are the host, especially if there are a few people attending and you have to control who is speaking (ie chairing the meeting). But with a bit of practice, it becomes easier.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Annb I've been reading your other thread and I think your medical practice is treating you dreadfully. I've just got back from accompanying a friend to our doctor (she hates him as much as I do) and in the waiting area was a big poster saying that patients are entitled to see their medical records unless there is a good medical reason why they shouldn't and that reason should be discussed and agreed with the patient. Maybe you could have a chat with your doctor's surgery manager about why you aren't told the results of your tests - its the practice manager that ensures the medical practice keep up to date with their legal obligations.

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup
Lunch: black coffee
Dinner: Aldi black bean spaghetti with pesto and a green side salad

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb I've been reading your other thread and I think your medical practice is treating you dreadfully. I've just got back from accompanying a friend to our doctor (she hates him as much as I do) and in the waiting area was a big poster saying that patients are entitled to see their medical records unless there is a good medical reason why they shouldn't and that reason should be discussed and agreed with the patient. Maybe you could have a chat with your doctor's surgery manager about why you aren't told the results of your tests - its the practice manager that ensures the medical practice keep up to date with their legal obligations.

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup
Lunch: black coffee
Dinner: Aldi black bean spaghetti with pesto and a green side salad

Just back from GP surgery. I had to take in a sample for bowel cancer testing and the receptionist was on the point of refusing to accept it! "Which doctor asked for that? I don't think ...Oh Dr. Carrick" Got the impression Dr Carrick is not a favourite. This is the new doctor I'd never heard of before and who seems to be willing to help. They have it now so we'll see the results in a couple of weeks, maybe.

Didn't manage 18 hour fast because I had to go out. Made it 17 hours instead.
Breakfast was a few raspberries with some yoghurt.
2nd meal will be a slice of roast breast of lamb with plenty of curried mixed veg.