Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Should be ok for a T2 shouldn’t it ?
Depends on how many carbs your particular diabetes can handle and how much of the yoghurt you'll eat at one meal.
Do you use a meter to see how you react to food? Some T2's do perfectly well on 150 grams of carbs over the day, others still go high at 20 carbs a day.

At 8.5 gr. carbs per 100 grams it's almost 40 grams of carbs for the whole tub.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s just for breakfast really so what 3 / 4 table spoons
I'd rather have bacon thanks.

Edit to add in fact I have coffee with cream and don't eat until mid afternoon sometimes bacon then...

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Not for me, I’d rather have a cheese stick.. if I’m looking for calcium...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s just for breakfast really so what 3 / 4 table spoons
What about you test before breakfast and after breakfast to see if it works for you? There realy is a lot of variation in how people react to carbs. From another post of yours I gather you have a meter so you can use it to find out the answer to your question.

Is this all the breakfast you have or do you eat something else with it?

kevsta

I’ve ran out of strips so need to get some more tomorrow but

My intake tomorrow

Is the yogurt 3 / 4 tablespoon

Salad

And then tea - tbc lol

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just want some advice just brought light Greek style raspberry yogurt

Should be ok for a T2 shouldn’t it ?View attachment 42694

View attachment 42695
Rule of thumb: Everything that's "light" usually is carby. Better to go for full fat varieties, as with light products they usually take the fat out and put the flavour back in by adding carbs to compensate. Fats are good. Carbs are not.

I'd not use it.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me its fine, is just a case of eating and testing. If your on a Keto diet it might be too much, but if your just lowering carbs it could be ok.

East, test then you will know every one is different

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds like the normal amount of carbs for a no-sugar yogurt with added fruit; similar to the ones I have. I only have about 100gm per day which is reasonable. Check that the yogurt only has fruit added and no other carbs.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely not for me - if I want some fruity yoghurt, I eat normal (not reduced fat) Greek yoghurt with some added fresh fruit. But what you eat is your choice, and you should definitely test to see how you get on with it, and use the results to make your decision.

I totally agree with Jo regarding light/low fat, as I see no logic whatsoever in taking all the fatty goodness out of any food, then adding unnecessary carbs to replace it. I had the misfortune to sample the original reduced fat yoghurts before they started adding stuff to make them palatable again, and it was like eating watery chalk. :yuck::yuck:

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you want a good yogurty breakfast tip, I'm finding that most days I actively enjoy and look forward to 100g of Fage 5% fat Greek Yoghurt (3g carbs) with 40g of Dry Roasted Peanuts on top (4g carbs) - good flavours and nice textures. Keeps me going until lunch with no problems.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just want some advice just brought light Greek style raspberry yogurt

Should be ok for a T2 shouldn’t it ?View attachment 42694

View attachment 42695
Like others have said - test it. Whilst full fat has fewer carbs and you would be better off having that it will do no harm to try it. If it increases your BS too much lesson learnt. The problem with yoghurt is that the carb content varies so much depending whether they are full fat, low fat, with fruit etc. I’ve managed to find some low fat ones that are no more than 9g carbs which I am happy with.

Reactions: JohnEGreen