FB_IMG_1584048610937.jpg

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Last day on patient transport for a while, as I’m going back on the emergency side next week for a month. Diabetes mostly behaving ok, but that could change at any time, hahaha

Hope you all have a good Friday :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all. The dreaded DP has hit again today....not going to adjust my basal as yet as I know if I do then it wont come along and I will wake hypo. See what happens in the morning
@porl69 I have a DP every morning without fail. On waking BG is in range and within and hour it's gone up by 3. It always does it and it's a pain in the ..... What to do??

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I took 23 year old Skoda for its MOT yesterday......................PASS
Had a friend round for supper, fish soup and bread, duck leg, spud, courgette. Followed by low carb gooseberry and vanilla custard tart, Brie
BG this morning 5.5 now risen to 8.4, happy to have nearly got the insulin correct

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, steady away with my bloods and porridge to come then a cleaning and grouting session in the bathroom before attempting to lay a vinyl plank floor of which I need 24 planks to complete the job cutting around the bog and sink pedestal and I just have the 24 to work with, one mistake will cost me £64 as that's the cost of a pack of 12 :banghead: so I can see that going well.

Enjoy your day :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Bizarrely, my DP/FOTF has gone to sleep... I've eased back on both basal and the automatic extra two units bolus to allow for it, and probably shouldn't have had the extra half unit this morning. On the excellent plus side, the pre-lockdown jeans are almost fitting again and by the time I get back to having to be in public much more, they should be comfortably wearable again. Hooray!

Technically, folks, I'm now on Annual Leave until 2nd September with just the last e-mail check to do around 4.30 p.m. to see if next year's allocations are known yet and the "I am not at work again until... If you need... contact these people..." e-mail to activate. I don't usually, but with the blurring of so many work/home boundaries in recent times, we've all been advised to do an out of office e-mail even if we don't usually. (I'd be writing that information in a home/college communication book normally!!) I know Young Vampire is really, really hoping I'm going to be in the same group again, but there's no telling.

So, I'm celebrating by wandering along to see if my walking boots shop is open and has my kind of boots in stock. Once I've had a snack!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just don’t cut the plank if you’re low @kev-w! Only a T1 would know what that would lead to.
Mornin’ all. Off to the supermarket for a small shop today, and a stroll through town to remind myself it’s there. It’s three and a half months now since I’ve done this and I still have the pre-lockdown town in my head. I know one of my favourite cafes has closed for good, a place where there’ve been many good times, and a I’m a bit apprehensive about any other changes. There were a number of closures in the year or two of the sad economy leading up to lockdown, so this, now, hasn’t been good.
Time stays still when limited to the back garden and local or woodland walks; it feels sci fi to be venturing out again.
Have a good bloods day all.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just don’t cut the plank if you’re low @kev-w! Only a T1 would know what that would lead to.
Mornin’ all. Off to the supermarket for a small shop today, and a stroll through town to remind myself it’s there. It’s three and a half months now since I’ve done this and I still have the pre-lockdown town in my head. I know one of my favourite cafes has closed for good, a place where there’ve been many good times, and a I’m a bit apprehensive about any other changes. There were a number of closures in the year or two of the sad economy leading up to lockdown, so this, now, hasn’t been good.
Time stays still when limited to the back garden and local or woodland walks; it feels sci fi to be venturing out again.
Have a good bloods day all.
enjoy your shopping trip fairygodmother and stay safe x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. Reason for my sudden onset of DP. Dodgy site selection for my canula! Was on the side of my leg. Swapped out last night and hey presto back to normality.....well low 4s at the moment but will take that :)

Reactions: kev-w and Antje77

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, busy couple of days, not so much now. I'd like to be in the garden but I have chores to do and errands to run so I guess I'd better get on with them - can't find any more displacement activities ;)

Have a good day all and may all your bgs be steady and within range, regardless of socks and day of the week

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Back from the trip to the supermarket now, but it looks like rain, close and humid out, so the town will be a future trip. I was really pleased that all bar one were very careful and considerate in the supermarket. The one was a bustling old chook of a woman who steamed down the aisles without looking out for anyone while dragging her well-pecked, trolley pushing husband behind her. If she hadn’t been so horrendous she’d have been hilarious. Poor husband.
It was very hard to limit buying, but I came home with chocolate, crumpets and pork pies for husband’s return from chasing a little white ball along the grass; he’s not back yet, won’t have had lunch and usually empties the fridge on his return. Not the healthiest food, I know, and I wish I’d looked for a fresh and novel lunch treat for me too.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had my x-ray this morning, fractured my 5th metatarsal! Currently got my toes strapped together and hobbling along

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, mornin’ all.
I’m not sure why I’ve woken up this early, for me. Cat’s not asking to be fed either. Bloods a nice 5.4. But it’s a lovely-looking day out there so the half pint of tea and birds at the window feeder are good enough for now.
I just wish today’s trip weren’t to find good bread at another supermarket but was a plane to Athens then a bus ride along the coast to friends.
Anyone contemplating flying anywhere soon?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 6.1 waking but flat at 8.3 most of the night :/ (naughty munchies :p ) A mate came round so we watched football and had a jam on the guitars, which was a little painful as our chord changes were a week apart :p but it was a giggle so who cares :) (tone deaf Kev :p)

It's my middle child's 26th birthday today so I'm feeling a little older than I normally do, steady away on the bathroom refurb now I've removed the tile grout properly at the 2nd attempt but I'm learning as I go...

@Fairygodmother We're musing an Amsterdam trip at the moment depending on what's open and in what format, I was supposed to be taking my youngest to Spain or the Canaries but she's not keen right now, it's an odd one, the gym opens shortly but they want me to wear mask in a shop but not in a pub or a nail bar so I'm a little confused as how alert I'm still supposed to be :p :p

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, 6.1 waking but flat at 8.3 most of the night :/ (naughty munchies :p ) A mate came round so we watched football and had a jam on the guitars, which was a little painful as our chord changes were a week apart :p but it was a giggle so who cares :) (tone deaf Kev :p)

It's my middle child's 26th birthday today so I'm feeling a little older than I normally do, steady away on the bathroom refurb now I've removed the tile grout properly at the 2nd attempt but I'm learning as I go...

@Fairygodmother We're musing an Amsterdam trip at the moment depending on what's open and in what format, I was supposed to be taking my youngest to Spain or the Canaries but she's not keen right now, it's an odd one, the gym opens shortly but they want me to wear mask in a shop but not in a pub or a nail bar so I'm a little confused as how alert I'm still supposed to be :p :p
Me too Kev, me too. Joined up writing anyone?

Reactions: SueJB