DT1

Helle

How comes this DT1 to children’s 2 year and half old , because of the food or been sick to many times , or has a problems breathing, or has in family history with the diabetic type 1 . Any advice please .

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Welcome to the forums.

How comes this DT1 to children’s 2 year and half old , because of the food or been sick to many times , or has a problems breathing, or has in family history with the diabetic type 1 . Any advice please .

Are you asking why young children acquire T1 diabetes?

No one really knows, though some people think there can be a genetic components and/or it can be an autoimmune disease triggered by a virus or trauma. It occurs more often in children with a family history, but it can still happen in children with no family history at all. And there really doesn't seem to be anything that anyone can do to prevent this condition from happening, so it's pointless for parents, friends or relatives to try to take any blame for the fact that a young child becomes T1.

Did you want to post in the Benefits forum, there is one for Children and Parents if that is more useful...? There are a number of posters there who have young children with T1.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I think you want to know why a child gets diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes? They think it's a gene or genes we inherit that causes type 1 that is possibly set off by a virus. There is not a clear cut answer yet.

But type 1 has nothing to do with diet or any other illness. Although people with type 1 commonly have a few other autoimmune diseases, common which are thyroid issues or celiac.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I got Type 1 at 11 months. I still think wasps caused the trigger. I shall never know!

Reactions: Marie 2

Helle

Welcome to the forums.

Are you asking why young children acquire T1 diabetes?

No one really knows, though some people think there can be a genetic components and/or it can be an autoimmune disease triggered by a virus or trauma. It occurs more often in children with a family history, but it can still happen in children with no family history at all. And there really doesn't seem to be anything that anyone can do to prevent this condition from happening, so it's pointless for parents, friends or relatives to try to take any blame for the fact that a young child becomes T1.

Did you want to post in the Benefits forum, there is one for Children and Parents if that is more useful...? There are a number of posters there who have young children with T1.

Yes please. Thank you

Helle

I think you want to know why a child gets diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes? They think it's a gene or genes we inherit that causes type 1 that is possibly set off by a virus. There is not a clear cut answer yet.

But type 1 has nothing to do with diet or any other illness. Although people with type 1 commonly have a few other autoimmune diseases, common which are thyroid issues or celiac.

Ok thank you. My son been sick for 10 days no body gives any antibiotic because he got infection in the ears and throat . Everyone says my son he is fine , until I go to private doctors Europe and they’re says to me if I was listening doctors in NHS my son was no more , coz of care less doctors here . I am thinking because of the virus which him fighting with

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am thinking because of the virus which him fighting with
It might be, it might not be, unfortunately most of us will never actually find out, we can just guess.

I was diagnosed very young and I feel I am unlikely to ever know why I go it, and its probably not worth my time trying to find out, knowing why I got it is not going to cure it after all.

Reactions: Helle

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I use the theory that if a definitive reason is known why , then maybe a cure would be nearer , both topics have been studied for many years and an definitive answer is yet to be found , many theories but no answer , but blame isn’t one of them as far as I’m concerned