Empagaflozin

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to all,

I was started o empagaflozin 2 weeks ago all ive done is wee not lost any weight been doin Lcarb diet I dont get why not lost weight what is everyone else on i am on 10 mg I think I need more than 10mg.......
I had bacon n egg for breakfast sandwhich for lunch and shepards pie home made with peas for dinner.

Anyone else lost on this med at all.
Thanks for info.

Sparklebrightisright.

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Hi to all,

I was started o empagaflozin 2 weeks ago all ive done is wee not lost any weight been doin Lcarb diet I dont get why not lost weight what is everyone else on i am on 10 mg I think I need more than 10mg.......
I had bacon n egg for breakfast sandwhich for lunch and shepards pie home made with peas for dinner.

Thanks for info.

Sparklebrightisright.
Hiya.
I was on that med, Jardiance 10mg last year and it helped me a lot. I was on Glimeperimide 3mg with it.
I didn't see much of a weight loss and the weeing is how it passes the excess Glucose out of your system.
This can cause Thrush so I would drink lots of water.
I would check with your GP about embarking on a very low carb diet though as I went to low carb last year and my GP took me off it. That's because of risk of DKA.
Just be careful hun.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

Thanks for info.

Sparklebrightisright.
Sandwich means bread so that's carbs plus shepherd's pie which means potatoes so more carbs and peas are also quite high carbs

What else is your normal meals, you might not be as low carb as you think

I'm on Metformin, bydureon and Dapagliflozin and have dropped my carbs to < 130g a day coupled with exercise and am losing weight. I did lose some with weight once the Dapagliflozin was added and apart from one case of thrush am now without side effects but I am still learning that those blasted carbs are in so many things