Type 2 Testosterone

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
As I understand it, in the UK at least, testosterone is given either as a gel, which is rubbed, daily, into the skin (upper arms/chest/belly) or as an injection into the buttocks given quarterly. These are compatible with T2 diabetes and are provided, when appropriate, on prescription, by a doctor.
The way you have worded your query, "take a testosterone supplement", I wonder if you are obtaining something (a pill?) privately, not via a doctor. Is this wise? Testosterone is a powerful hormone and should only be administered when your natural levels are low. Many T2 males can be Low T, but it needs to be checked. Getting sugar levels sorted and re-gaining general health can sort the problem out, but a prescribed supplement can "help you on your way".
Sally

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think the op is asking about testosterone booster supplements those seem to be pretty safe to take as the ingredients seem pretty innocuous

. booter.jpg

Terryboy2

As I understand it, in the UK at least, testosterone is given either as a gel, which is rubbed, daily, into the skin (upper arms/chest/belly) or as an injection into the buttocks given quarterly. These are compatible with T2 diabetes and are provided, when appropriate, on prescription, by a doctor.
The way you have worded your query, "take a testosterone supplement", I wonder if you are obtaining something (a pill?) privately, not via a doctor. Is this wise? Testosterone is a powerful hormone and should only be administered when your natural levels are low. Many T2 males can be Low T, but it needs to be checked. Getting sugar levels sorted and re-gaining general health can sort the problem out, but a prescribed supplement can "help you on your way".
Sally

No I would only get it on a prescription from
The doctor. I wouldn’t take anything off the shelf (ie) in supplement shop with out getting professional advice. Thanks for your help