Are you allowed to fast for 40 hours

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to all,

Are uou allowed to fast for 40 hours by missing food every other day to enable you to loose
Sufficient weight loss as I read that a diabetic
Did this and returned to normal weight again.
Is it safe to do as thinking of giving it a try.

Sparklebrightisright.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Google longest fasting period (or something like that). I tink someone did it for more than 300 days. Don't fancy it myself.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So long as you aren’t taking medication that might make it difficult or have medical conditions that mean you can’t fast there’s no reason not to. Just make sure you keep well hydrated and if you feel off, eat!

Are you familiar with the work of Dr Jason Fung on fasting? His books are excellent and you can also get most of the info for free via his YouTube channel.

There’s also the fasting section on this forum that you might find useful.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

Are uou allowed to fast for 40 hours by missing food every other day to enable you to loose
Sufficient weight loss as I read that a diabetic
Did this and returned to normal weight again.
Is it safe to do as thinking of giving it a try.

Sparklebrightisright.

hi,

Your profile is incomplete, so we don’t know what type of diabetes you have, or what medication you are on.
Without that information, it is difficult to respond to your question, because fasting is inadvisable when taking some medications. If you complete your profile, you will probably get better answers that are more appropriate to your personal situation.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to all,

I have updated my profile info.

Sparklebrightisright.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I’ve done a few fasts, about 36-42 hours.
The setup, I’ll be in ketosis, when I wake up and just not feel hungry, I won’t eat until the next day. I’ll just drink water. I don’t think I would be able to do a fast not being in ketosis first.