HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Mete90

it would be helpful if we knew more.

When you say hypo is that based on feeling or meter readings? At what sort of levels from what sort of levels beforehand?

Are you on insulin or other glucose lowering meds? It very unusual to get hypos without those as a diabetic - usually it would be the medication (or another medical condition) that takes you too low.

What precedes the hypo feeling? Food wise/activity wise?

Reactions: Antje77

Mete90

Hi @Mete90

it would be helpful if we knew more.

When you say hypo is that based on feeling or meter readings? At what sort of levels from what sort of levels beforehand?

Are you on insulin or other glucose lowering meds? It very unusual to get hypos without those as a diabetic - usually it would be the medication (or another medical condition) that takes you too low.

What precedes the hypo feeling? Food wise/activity wise?

I’m type 2 not on medication I go from 9 to 5 within minutes after eating lunch.
This is every day for the last 4weeks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m type 2 not on medication I go from 9 to 5 within minutes after eating lunch.
What are you having for lunch.. those are very odd readings...?
Do you feel off or is it just on your meter?

Mete90

What are you having for lunch.. those are very odd readings...?
Do you feel off or is it just on your meter?

I’m having salad or whole meal sandwich all the healthy stuff yes they odd numbers that’s why I’m asking if anyone else had experienced big drops

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What time period are you testing? Is 9 just before you take your first bite? How long after eating do you yes? What do you feel to make you think you are having a hypo?

Fizzy1408

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone experienced getting hypos everyday at lunch time ?
Yes, I have been having hypos, especially at the beginning of lockdown when I couldn’t get the food I usually eat. I have Coeliac disease as well and also can’t tolerate dairy so my body doesn’t process food as slowly as other people.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, I have been having hypos, especially at the beginning of lockdown when I couldn’t get the food I usually eat. I have Coeliac disease as well and also can’t tolerate dairy so my body doesn’t process food as slowly as other people.

Hi, have you had an oral glucose test?
Are you on diabetes meds to lower blood glucose levels such as glicizide?
Do you test yourself before and after eating?
If you do, what readings have you had when having a hypo?

The reason I am asking is like me, I had similar symptoms many years ago and wondering why you are going hypo if you have T2.
But I don't know wether the collars disease would give you the same symptoms.

Stay safe

Mutineer

I’m having salad or whole meal sandwich all the healthy stuff yes they odd numbers that’s why I’m asking if anyone else had experienced big drops
I had a reading of 10.7 after my lunch of lentil soup and slice of sour dough bread. Hasn’t been that high in months. 3 hours later my reading is 4.1. Feeling concerned. Why would it spike so high and then drop dramatically?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the very odd occasion I’ve eaten something really quite carby (which bread of any type would definitely count as such for me) and gone noticeably higher than my normal it is quite often followed by a lower than I usually get reading. I’ve taken it that once my insulin finally kicks in, it then overdoes the required job (in confusion??) and overshoots my normal. Saying that the low is usually 4 ish So not actually hypo and I wish I could see those more often without having to go high first.

try measuring before lunch and then half hourly for a couple of days. I’m wondering if you get a rapid high peak and then a similar overshoot to me. If so the answer would be to avoid that high spike by not eating the carbs.

Reactions: Mutineer

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you think wholemeal bread is healthy for a type 2 I’m wondering what the other “healthy stuff is”. Bread of any colour is carb heavy and far from ideal.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This was me on the 2nd of July total carbs for the day was under 50 grams. A bit of a bumpy ride that day but not unusual for me it would be best to avoid the carby foods as it sometimes doesn't need a lot to trigger a hyper then a hypo.

020720.JPG

Reactions: Mete90