philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anybody else experience constant tiredness? Just wondering if it's at all related to diabetes. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get or how active I am during the day I am tired from the minute I wake in a morning. I've tried sleeping less as a friend suggested I may be sleeping too much but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Not sure whether I should be concerned about it or not.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @philly1991

It’s a good idea to check in with your GP and get your bloods done to check this first, there’s a few possibilities to rule out so some blood work will help to see if there’s anything such as thyroid or an iron deficiency happening.

Reactions: philly1991

Perminder1

Does anybody else experience constant tiredness? Just wondering if it's at all related to diabetes. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get or how active I am during the day I am tired from the minute I wake in a morning. I've tried sleeping less as a friend suggested I may be sleeping too much but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Not sure whether I should be concerned about it or not.
Do u drink enough water?

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @philly1991

It’s a good idea to check in with your GP and get your bloods done to check this first, there’s a few possibilities to rule out so some blood work will help to see if there’s anything such as thyroid or an iron deficiency happening.

Thankyou, I will give them a call this morning and see if I can get booked in with them. Has anybody attended any appointments during lockdown? I had an appointment cancelled back in March and haven't been seen since, I was also due my annual review in April but haven't been contacted.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thankyou, I will give them a call this morning and see if I can get booked in with them. Has anybody attended any appointments during lockdown? I had an appointment cancelled back in March and haven't been seen since, I was also due my annual review in April but haven't been contacted.

I had my bloods done this week, obv wear a mask but book a blood test and get your HbA1c done at the same time. You may well be able to have a doctors apt carried out on the phone, so call your surgery this morning and see what they suggest.

Rodweiller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My knees, Getting up, Politics
I also suffer from extreme tiredness all of the time.
I'm on testosterone gel because otherwise my testosterone levels would put me over 100 and I'm 57.

Is there a way to beat the tiredness?