Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oops, @Jaylee, calibration has its very own section. Duh - only excuse is this old biddy’s been super fatigued, headaches, dizzy et al and taken herself to bed today.

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A happy birthday @Jaylee proper spoilt!
Those of you handing prescriptions in. Have you resisted the move to online via the Gp. It’s the best thing I ever did. Order one day, usually in the chemist the next. We have been discouraged from using paper prescriptions.

I'm currently doing it on-line reluctantly as we also are firmly discouraged from paper-based prescriptions but I am considering a return to paper-based prescriptions when we can. My choice, though I am well aware the push is towards as much online as possible. It is not possible for everyone.

I still have to wait for 5 days between prescription and collection - but that's partly because the pharmacy I use doesn't keep my test strips in stock, yet. Or ketone strips of any variety. There are still errors at the GP end. I prefer to sort those in person at the point of collection from GP.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds a bit of a mish mash @Japes. I seem to be very lucky with both Gp efficiency and chemist. We are in a sort of village location on the outskirts of the city. A much better set up than my previous Gp and chemist when we lived in the suburbs. Plenty of banging my head against a brick wall then.

Reactions: SueJB

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day

Morning, I bet there's some hangovers in your city this morning :p

Odd, I was at 4.9 waking and dropped to 4.1 in 10 minutes from getting out of bed, like foot on the floor but the other way round so I Dextrosed it back up again :banghead: (or I'm sat at 4.1 with a +0.0 rise which is better than it showing a -0.0 drop :p) debating whether to have poachies or scrambled egg after my porridge. :)

@becca59 I much prefer the paper repeat form, it brings out my inner luddite posting it in the surgery repeat box all ticked with a 2 day turnover for the adjoining pharmacy to get it, recently during lockdown I was obliged to ring them in as I won't do the electronic one and the postbox was taped up :)

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm currently doing it on-line reluctantly as we also are firmly discouraged from paper-based prescriptions but I am considering a return to paper-based prescriptions when we can. My choice, though I am well aware the push is towards as much online as possible. It is not possible for everyone.

I still have to wait for 5 days between prescription and collection - but that's partly because the pharmacy I use doesn't keep my test strips in stock, yet. Or ketone strips of any variety. There are still errors at the GP end. I prefer to sort those in person at the point of collection from GP.

Japes, I only have 2 things on repeat - one of which had been discontinued, however, when I make my request that is confirmed at the time of request, but then shortly thereafter I can see what has been done with the script (in my case, "sent to X Pharmacy (full address)", in Outstanding Prescription Requests.

That way you could pick up any issues before ever going near the pharmacy.

I usually order my meds first thing in the morning (I set a reminder to do it), then check that evening what activity there has been (unless it has already arrived here.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, I bet there's some hangovers in your city this morning :p

Odd, I was at 4.9 waking and dropped to 4.1 in 10 minutes from getting out of bed, like foot on the floor but the other way round so I Dextrosed it back up again :banghead: (or I'm sat at 4.1 with a +0.0 rise which is better than it showing a -0.0 drop :p) debating whether to have poachies or scrambled egg after my porridge. :)

@becca59 I much prefer the paper repeat form, it brings out my inner luddite posting it in the surgery repeat box all ticked with a 2 day turnover for the adjoining pharmacy to get it, recently during lockdown I was obliged to ring them in as I won't do the electronic one and the postbox was taped up :)
there probably will be kev there were enough fireworks and car horn honkings going on last night unfortunately im a blue so did not join in;)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Japes, I only have 2 things on repeat - one of which had been discontinued, however, when I make my request that is confirmed at the time of request, but then shortly thereafter I can see what has been done with the script (in my case, "sent to X Pharmacy (full address)", in Outstanding Prescription Requests.

That way you could pick up any issues before ever going near the pharmacy.

I usually order my meds first thing in the morning (I set a reminder to do it), then check that evening what activity there has been (unless it has already arrived here.

I'll try that. I have (counts up on fingers...) 9 items, 2 of which are the replacements for refillable insulin pens, and, um, lancets which I've been better about changing recently, so 6 regular items.

I will say the on-line system saves me from newer receptionists querying do I really need everything or the one who tried to tell me ketone strips were interchangeable with the blood sugars test strips.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll try that. I have (counts up on fingers...) 9 items, 2 of which are the replacements for refillable insulin pens, and, um, lancets which I've been better about changing recently, so 6 regular items.

I will say the on-line system saves me from newer receptionists querying do I really need everything or the one who tried to tell me ketone strips were interchangeable with the blood sugars test strips.

Even if you have to leave the part script at the pharmacy for a day or two, until they sort out any errors, it's better than having to turn up, then have the pharmacy not quite ready to dispense when you take the thing in.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, you're right @karen8967, where did that week go? Time seems to evaporate at the moment. Paperwork and chores today, hopefully leaving enough time to get some time in the (rather damp) garden. Some heavy rain last night, if it only ever rained oveernight I'd be very happy!

Hope you all have a good day regardless of your weather.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye good morning, 6.8 waking and the standard bowl of porridge to come shortly when I've drunk my coffee, my gym opens today but I think I'll wait till Monday before checking it out as I'm busy laying an lvp floor in the bathroom and reckon I'll just swim for the first week back.

I'm a little excited about that :p but at my age I reckon I'll have to ease myself back into it, squats with just the bar etc as I've never had this long out of the gym since diagnosis and the memory of that's just a blur :p

Enjoy your weekend.

Reactions: karen8967 and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Can't tell if it's going to be a wet day or not... the weather forecast started with a yes for parts of the day, and is now predicting thunderstorms for this afternoon, with wet when it's not thundering, the view out of the windows say "No" in one direction and "Yes" in another. Blood sugars seem to want a walk, though, as they've woken up on the higher side of reasonable or at least some activity. Perhaps a gentle, pootling most of the day at home.

I shall be interested to see if some of the areas where I walk will get quieter again once the gyms and leisure centres are open and those who are accustomed to doing their walking/running/cycling indoors on static machines return to their usual places of exercise..It's been interesting spotting those who are not accustomed to sharing their exercise space with other people - they are mostly unable to amend their line of walking/running/cycling to accommodate others. Those who regularly exercise outdoors are mostly used to being aware of the fact others will be around. I suspect some will go back once it's cold and dark again. Some of my friends are waiting to see if they still have a job in the new academic year and can afford the fees again!

Reactions: karen8967