GlucoRX Nexus or Contour Next One

StevenE20

Hi Guys

I posted last week regarding the difference in results from the GlucoRX and Codefree

I have been using the Nexus and all fine I had a Contour Next One turn up for free over the weekend.

Question is what one would people recommend sticking to.

I see the contour is a bit more expensive on strips but also read it has a better accuracy rating.

Thanks

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I would stick to the contour is an All round better meter but strips cost more.. and unless there is a good reason it not on the list that gp’s like to prescribe either

I’ve had many meters over the years and the contour is one of the best.. it also has 2 chance sampling if you don’t get enough blood on first time

Is also small and way to transport

It will work with either the contour next app or mysugr

Last edited:

aspot

I would stick to the contour is an Akron’s better meter but strips cost more.. and unless there is a good reason it not on the list that gp’s like to prescribe either

I’ve had many meters over the years and the contour is one of the best.. it also has 2 chance sampling if you don’t get enough blood on first time

Great news. I am using mysugr with AccuChek Mobile but got Contour Next One. I was using this Contour in the past and was happy with it. Then AccuChek Mobile came in with Bluetooth and that was a big deal for me as don't like to fil the booklet. However the AccuChek Mobile is not the best. Glad that Contour is back with new meter. Starting it from 01.06.

aspot

I would stick to the contour is an All round better meter but strips cost more.. and unless there is a good reason it not on the list that gp’s like to prescribe either

Well the Mysugr is not working with Contour Next One. It only seems to work with AccuChek Mobile. Can you please share how you managed contour to work with Mysugr?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well the Mysugr is not working with Contour Next One. It only seems to work with AccuChek Mobile. Can you please share how you managed contour to work with Mysugr?

I just goto connections and select contour next one

IMG_0269.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hmm strange. My phones (iPhone 7 & Samsung S10) only detects accu-check mobile. I was thinking that deleting Mobile and then try pair with Contour but I am afraid to lose my data.

Data is stored on the mysugr server.... it may just be the contour is not supported in your country..

You can however install the contour app have it save results to Apple health then allow mysugr access to Apple health. And it will get the glucose level from Apple health

aspot

Data is stored on the mysugr server.... it may just be the contour is not supported in your country..

You can however install the contour app have it save results to Apple health then allow mysugr access to Apple health. And it will get the glucose level from Apple health

Yeah that’s why I’m not able to connect Contour. It’s country dependent. My nephew is working in MySugr and I had a chat with him about my issue. UK support about 12 readers. Germany only 2!!! Anyway I’m sticking with accu-check for now. It’s the most convenient despite it shows higher readings than other 2. Btw can I pm you? Have some questions.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yeah that’s why I’m not able to connect Contour. It’s country dependent. My nephew is working in MySugr and I had a chat with him about my issue. UK support about 12 readers. Germany only 2!!! Anyway I’m sticking with accu-check for now. It’s the most convenient despite it shows higher readings than other 2. Btw can I pm you? Have some questions.

You can pm...

C

CelalDari

I don’t really know about GlucoRX Nexus so I can’t judge but I had a GlucoMen areo 2k and it was pretty rubbish.

It supposedly had NFC but never worked a single time. I ordered the Contour Next One and to my amazement it was much better. It is one of the most accurate BG meters out there from what I’ve heard and experienced. It also has Bluetooth, why is this useful you may ask? It can store your BG readings and you can upload your BG readings from Contour Next One to your diasend (if you have one) using the Bluetooth. You can then basically share your BG readings with your diabetes team remotely and diasend will show your daily patterns similar to what the Libre shows.

It’s always good for your diabetes team to have a bit of data on you otherwise the meetings are going to be pretty dry and they won’t be able to help you if they don’t know your BG patterns.

aspot

I don’t really know about GlucoRX Nexus so I can’t judge but I had a GlucoMen areo 2k and it was pretty rubbish.

It supposedly had NFC but never worked a single time. I ordered the Contour Next One and to my amazement it was much better. It is one of the most accurate BG meters out there from what I’ve heard and experienced. It also has Bluetooth, why is this useful you may ask? It can store your BG readings and you can upload your BG readings from Contour Next One to your diasend (if you have one) using the Bluetooth. You can then basically share your BG readings with your diabetes team remotely and diasend will show your daily patterns similar to what the Libre shows.

It’s always good for your diabetes team to have a bit of data on you otherwise the meetings are going to be pretty dry and they won’t be able to help you if they don’t know your BG patterns.

In my opinion and experience Freestyle optium neo is the best and most advanced, but lack of Bluetooth/NFC and app is a big disadvantage novadays. And yes, the Contour Next One is the best.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hmm in the UK only meter you can connect to the mysugr app is accu check!
annoying as im on contor next link

I’m in the U.K. and can connect..

IMG_0418.jpg