Washing hands, that’ll teach me.

Jennji

Wow! Just got a proper scare. I remembered I needed to check my BG after my late cottage cheese breakfast. My morning reading was 11, which is good for me, going down a little each morning. However, I check and it read 14.4. I thought, that must be wrong, I’ve only had cottage cheese, my metformin and a lactase tablet for the cheese. So I tested again with a different finger: read 19.4. Holy cow!!!

Then it clicked...I forgot to wash my hands. Been handling my kids lunches and their grapes and foods. Lol washed my hands and checked again...11.2.

I am usually so vigilant about my procedures but as I am not in my usual place at the moment, I forgot. I’ll definitely remember next time.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! Just got a proper scare. I remembered I needed to check my BG after my late cottage cheese breakfast. My morning reading was 11, which is good for me, going down a little each morning. However, I check and it read 14.4. I thought, that must be wrong, I’ve only had cottage cheese, my metformin and a lactase tablet for the cheese. So I tested again with a different finger: read 19.4. Holy cow!!!

Then it clicked...I forgot to wash my hands. Been handling my kids lunches and their grapes and foods. Lol washed my hands and checked again...11.2.

I am usually so vigilant about my procedures but as I am not in my usual place at the moment, I forgot. I’ll definitely remember next time.
Easily done. Not sure what effect the "sanitiser" would have on the reading; might be better!!!

Reactions: Jennji