Suddenly having more hypos!

backarini

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
About 2 weeks ago I’ve suddenly started having almost daily hypos, down to 2.2 at times, and I can’t pinpoint it on anything!!! My control has always been pretty good (hba1c in early June was 49) but regular evening highs after larger carby meals - but they always come back down again with a correction.
I’ve been losing weight, 10kg in total lost over the last 11 months or so, so not drastic.
I’ve reduced my naughty snacking and have been drinking a lot less over the last month, but I’m still eating the same carb portions for meals etc. For example my total insulin is around 30 units basal and between 15-25 units average bolus.
Is it just a case of keeping a food diary and trying to see if there’s any correlation to anything? Changing my basal down to see if that helps? Or is it common to have a suddenly hormonal shift that improved my insulin sensitivity?
For info I am 31, and have been pumping for 9 years and on omnipod for 18 months.
Thanks in advance!!!
Becky

EDIT: I’m not pregnant - have taken a test and period is regular as clockwork! Sorry TMI!!

Last edited:

dje55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you considered that you might be pregnant? The lows that you are describing could be explained by early pregnancy in women with T1DM.

Just a thought.
D x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Any weight loss I've found makes me more insulin sensitive, So that slight weight loss and add less snacks could explain it. But I would adjust your basal down, the best thing would be to do a basal test so you know if that's what it is.

Basal testing
https://integrateddiabetes.com/basal-testing/