Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! A nice 6 on waking. Still raining here, a nice July day it is not. Hope it’s better where you all are, especially @Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
upload_2020-7-27_19-41-58.png

Angry ocean today! Some rain, some wind, nothing bad.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I found this very interesting. My grandfather was born in 1899, he would have been all through this and never said a word to us about any of it. Mind opening.
Amazing Perspective

Reactions: hh1

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning with a waking hypo (2.4) but I've managed to put my t shirt on the right way round so it's not all bad :p finishing touches to the bathroom when I get moving but it's a slow start today :/

I've slept on my Libre arm and my hand was numb but is full of pins and needles now with a headache yet to come :banghead: so I'll leave my bloods to rise on Dextrotabs before the breakfast injection as I tend to hypo a second time when I've had a sleepig one so am avoiding the kitchen with a soaking bowl of porridge winking away at me :)

The sun's out anyway :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. My daily commute and current view from the office. Can’t tell you how happy I am to be back on the boo-boo bus :D

Diabetes fine. Nothing to see here, move along. Not giving it much thought these days, my tech and food mean I can mostly ignore it.

AEB7F8F5-58CF-4C70-A091-0EFBD9E45802.jpeg
BE147DA7-98CB-4DA2-A958-4B137AEDCF66.jpeg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Steady away Kev's riddled with hypos today, the consequences of reducing carbs and movement over a few months and suddenly increasing ones workload I'm thinking, anyway I've retired the power planer for a while as the last hypo snuck up on me and I didn't notice until my line started not to go where I wanted it to :p

I definitely know better than to do that... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, bgs fairly steady right now, nothing much happening here, puppy class cancelled last night so not able to get feedback on some things I'm working on with Mattie. Still, at least I didn't get stung....

If the weather stays as promised, a day in the garden for me. Have a good day all, hope the hypos stop @kev-w, and v impressed by your view - and office, @LooperCat!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Think it's time I made my annual offer to go blackberrying for those who can't! It's looking like a bumper season ahead, I've scarcely started on some of my usual places and I've already got masses in my freezer without really trying. Plus, it's working well for getting me out in the fresh air, in quiet places, though possibly failing at keeping my walking distances up! I've just looked at the pedometer and two hours of berrying accounted for 2000 steps, where I can walk 6 or 7 times that in that time if I just get going.

In conundrums of our time, I was musing whether or not I should wear a face covering whilst berrying - especially if I'm singing along to the radio whilst I work! I'm diligent about washing all the berries when I get home before freezing them, .

I'm kind of expecting hypos galore when I finally get back to my usual active routines, but who knows...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, if don't do this often with the carbs..

So far surviving the noodles in some sort of spicy chicken thing my wife created 3 hours back. Nice it was too!
The dose was timed 30 minutes prior.. I also brought my basal forward a little. Thought i'd be in bed earlier, then changed my mind... The Watlaa? A recent birthday present. Probably the best thing to happen sice diagnosis on my birthday? Oddly, as a 7 turning 8 year old. Pre diagnosed I was drawn to protein.. More than cake.
Beats the hell out of the old days regarding peeing in a cup.

image.jpeg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, overslept as a certain large puppy woke me up needing to go out at 4.30 (very unusual) and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Well, I obviously did, but not before 6, then turned off the alarm when it went and there I was asleep again. Hate doing that. Still, did wake eventually on a neat 4.2; been around that all week which is unusually consistent for me, but nice.

Today may be focussed on staying cool, lots to do that'll help with that (sadly not things I want to do). I know it's wet and dull in other places, have a good day whatever the weather.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had my telehealth visit with my endo today. It went well, she liked the flat lines and said I am doing very good! I knew that but it is always nice to hear. She also wanted to know what I took for my thyroid that it was doing so much better so I showed her the formula I took. It's always nice when a doctor is open minded. My thyroid had done a lot better in just 2 months, it went from a 7.63 to 3.65 uIU/mL TSH. I was happy not to have to go on a script for it yet, although obviously I need to help it with taking something!

Reactions: kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh foolish one... Just off to the local All Sorts Shop for white spirit to remove anti-vandal paint from my Japes' Meds Bag. New Japes Meds Bag. Though, I'm pretty impressed that my usual tactics of applying washing up liquid to nasty stains worked pretty well on the first wash.

It is entirely my own fault, I saw the signs, though my understanding was that such paint was not meant to be applied lower than 7 feet and this paint was definitely all over the metal gate I carefully put my arm through to get a photo of my circular walk from the far side of the local reservoir. I very regularly walk one side of it, but have never managed the other half as it's a bit intrepid and involves inelegant stile climbing, 15 minutes of road walking where the local speed merchants are to be found practising and edges of a field which require careful watching out for uneven bits.

It walked down this morning's waking number very nicely. I have finally concluded, after much practice that bolusing for Japes' style omelettes and any kind of carbs with them are a dark art which involve a split dose, including 0.5 units per egg, and a lot of hoping for the best. Every single morning high for the last 4 months has involved omelette the night before.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a decent day today, although was doing a set change and noticed my Medtronic pump has a nice crack snaking along the backside of where the battery is! Looks like it’s time for a replacement!!