What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thanks for all your good wishes for the appointment yesterday. It went well and I woke to a jolly 5.0 so now I have a new lease of life ( for 6 months anyway)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps I was somewhere between the 4.7 Libre first showed and the considerably later 5.4 on Tee 2. Then again maybe not and A1c will be a whole other story anyhow. Currently baffled by my weight and what I should do or not. Higher than I want but records show my best all round results came at about this weight. Could be tied up with other things. @DJC3 hope all goes well today - Thursday seems to be when these things happen. Did you have to self-isolate for a week? I'm told I need to for next Thursday.

No didn’t have to self isolate. Had to wear a mask obviously and no visitors are allowed in the hospital at all, so that was a bit daunting - going to such an appointment without a hand to hold. Completely understandable though. It felt very different without the normal friendly bustle of people, patients and staff. Trying to drink lots of water in the CT scan waiting room while wearing a mask was challenging too!
Hope yours goes as well next week.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Really pleased for you that yesterday went well @DJC3 and interesting (but hardly surprising) that fbg fell sharply once that was done. Thanks for the good wishes and peek into what I may expect next Thursday. Local news had a big feature on Addenbrookes last night. The Libre and phone feel I should accept their 4.2 @ 6.40 ish. Sleeping better lately just unsure if extra kgs are a plus or minus.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, lovely people!

There is a fair bit of "off topic" discussion happening on this thread.

I'm not knocking the commiseration/encouragement/or "high fives" on member's fasting numbers.

However, some of the postings should be on the "full on chat" topic designed for this purpose. (Link below.)
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-was-your-fasting-blood-glucose-full-on-chat.163627/
A number of posts have been moved to the FBG full on chat topic as a result.

Please stay on the topic of this particular thread. Sanctions may incur.

I thank you!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg is somehow mixed up in the 4.4 @ 6.03, 4.8 @7.12 or 5.1 by 8.10 . Whatever it is Libre seems to want to assure me that part of my life is fine. @PenguinMum re heat, I was in 3s and 4s yesterday.* @DJC3 back in the groove - yay.
*Functioned fine and it was Libre

Last edited: