What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My effort tonight. I got upset with @gennepher recount of her day, I know what it's like to have your disabilities ignored. Anyway, it inspired this work, hope you like it. Again it is based on images of things I'm looking at rather than from purely inside my head.

The background is from Zen, butterfly and barbed wire were images I had already, the composition is mine :)

(oh, I tried really hard to not be so focused ;))

View attachment 43005
Great composition. - I am now expecting a superb album from The Barbed Wired Butterflies.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am finding Procreate hard to get to grips with @dunelm
I did find out how to add extra free brushes, but it has already got enough brushes to fiddle with.
I like your trees, especially the one on the left.
I find I can spend far too long on this digital stuff.
Now I had to go back, expand (the image that is) and take another look. Yes, Procreate has a lot of depth to it. Some of which I am ignoring for the present. Still, onwards and upwards.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hope you also went somewhere nice on your day out.
We had lunch out and later visited a favourite bar, where we sat in dappled shade by the lake and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day in the azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Thai red curry with zero rice came in at a ‘no side orders for you old chap’ 5.3 this am - mind you, I did not make any side orders.

Bike to fettle this morning - well, a POWDERS bike check : Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage/Drive train, Electrics, Rubber (tyres), Stopping/Self (breaks and more importantly are you fit to ride). August tomorrow and promised that I would be safe to be out and about - as long as we don’t have an increase in the dreaded lurgie. You are though quite well self isolated on a motorcycle as long as you don’t get off. Some other road users may cause such a thing - my main concern.

@jjraak - thanks for your comment and enjoy your well deserved lie in.
@ianpspurs - happy birthday to your granddaughter - enjoy any virtual celebrations, as well as the fabulous super salmon.
@Alien Aspie - you must remember to turn yourself every 12.5 minutes at 30 degrees to get even crispiness. Keep your arms up, that underside always gets missed.
@Muddy Cyclist - I like both versions but yes, the stop fiddling thing is important - picture a bear in mind.
@geefull - another great watercolour - I need to be on that beech today - as long as it has not been praised by some nut job of a reporter ignorant of their changing a wonderful local secret into another flock of litter lout magnets.
@gennepher - great perspective. I do like Hokusai and think that we saw some of his work at the Smithsonian in Washington.

This morning was messing on a bit - hot and cold.
Enjoy your day - scorchio abounds - and so does koffy.

upload_2020-7-31_9-2-24.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept.
A couple of mentions if allowed, if not allowed, hump.
@gennepher this should be taken further, that member of staff needs training. You have me and me's sympathy.
@jjraak brownie points, little bet you have lost them by now

A 7.4 of the meter of mystery and misbehaving this morning.

Sorry to mention this covid related bit, but today is my last day of shielding and in theory I can relax, go back to work etc. Yeah right. The infection rate is climbing, so what this really means is I can get out and about, be ultra careful carry tanker quantities of sanitiser and not let people get near me, oh I forgot to mention and wear my ultra aggressive head if they try to get near me, perhaps @gennepher might like to borrow it?

Today is forecast to be hot, well on the bbc's work of science fiction and fantasy or otherwise known as the weather forecast it is. Hot temperatures always play that game called havoc with my blood sugars.

Now for the hippy bit " Stay cool " fellow posters and shade your paints.
Now I must begin my day, tea and koffy drunk in the same mug, but at different time intervals and realities.

Reactions: geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Speaking of unfinished work. I started this as a follow on to yesterdays barbwire. Silhouette is me and the hummingbird was going to be in colour but....

I don't know. I'll relook later but any thoughts from the proper artists would be welcome.

View attachment 43020

I will respond later today @Alien Aspie

I am bidding on eBay at the moment on several items, so need two devices on to watch closely. Won one item, someone trying to outbid me on the next one, so I am hanging on until last minute....

I will be back later...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher this should be taken further, that member of staff needs training. You have me and me's sympathy.

Sorry to mention this covid related bit, but today is my last day of shielding and in theory I can relax, go back to work etc. Yeah right. The infection rate is climbing, so what this really means is I can get out and about, be ultra careful carry tanker quantities of sanitiser and not let people get near me, oh I forgot to mention and wear my ultra aggressive head if they try to get near me, perhaps @gennepher might like to borrow it?

Today is forecast to be hot, well on the bbc's work of science fiction and fantasy or otherwise known as the weather forecast it is. Hot temperatures always play that game called havoc with my blood sugars.

Now I must begin my day, tea and koffy drunk in the same mug, but at different time intervals and realities.

A win for the scores / attitude.
A hug for the change of possible pace, re shielding.......terrible timing really.

I found this "New" normal, takes a little getting used to.

Certainly stay SD but give yourself a little time to adjust.

Took me a while to go from defending my space very vociferously, to a withering stare, and now at defcon 2, where I almost expect one fool an hour to be blind to the obvious,and
I now just move aside or move away, with a more inner "TUT" That seems to quench my thirst for vengeance...or something like that.

The masks killz crowd, I now greet in my head as wave twoers...ensuring it's as long and hard as possible..

Nice being the adult in those situations, as the children play.

But I also gave a funny, lol moment.

How well you understand the SHORT
"Use by" date on brownies....:hilarious:

Not lost them yet...
Can't say or do the wrong thing if asleep
(That is TRUE, right :woot: )

Off out today with our Steph and the teeny tiny dog,Richmond or the riverbank walk later.

Now ?
Time to turn over for that 2nd part of a lovely dream I was having..must go, Penelope Cruz is waiting in the car...zzzz

Fbg laters, :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yup, I will borrow your ultra aggressive head....

Your last day of shielding @alf_Josiah

You need to take it gently getting back into the now apocalypse zombie world.
Take care.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Too hot for us today after barely getting above 15 for ages.
27 already in nearby village.
Will sit in shade for rest of day and read a good book.

I am reading one of Ann Cleeves Shetland series books from better half, which brings back birding memories on Fair Isle and Shetland to mind.

Very nice people the Shetland folk.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Speaking of unfinished work. I started this as a follow on to yesterdays barbwire. Silhouette is me and the hummingbird was going to be in colour but....

I don't know. I'll relook later but any thoughts from the proper artists would be welcome.

View attachment 43020

I don't think the hummingbird needs to be in full colour @Alien Aspie like you seem to be wondering about now.
It depends, however, what you are trying to say with this art.

The way I see the hummingbird here, is outlined in a shimmery/electric colour instead of the white you have now. But very fine, just like the white outline is a fine line.

Is that any help?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a day in the azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Thai red curry with zero rice came in at a ‘no side orders for you old chap’ 5.3 this am - mind you, I did not make any side orders.

Bike to fettle this morning - well, a POWDERS bike check : Petrol, Oil, Water, Damage/Drive train, Electrics, Rubber (tyres), Stopping/Self (breaks and more importantly are you fit to ride). August tomorrow and promised that I would be safe to be out and about - as long as we don’t have an increase in the dreaded lurgie. You are though quite well self isolated on a motorcycle as long as you don’t get off. Some other road users may cause such a thing - my main concern.

@jjraak - thanks for your comment and enjoy your well deserved lie in.
@ianpspurs - happy birthday to your granddaughter - enjoy any virtual celebrations, as well as the fabulous super salmon.
@Alien Aspie - you must remember to turn yourself every 12.5 minutes at 30 degrees to get even crispiness. Keep your arms up, that underside always gets missed.
@Muddy Cyclist - I like both versions but yes, the stop fiddling thing is important - picture a bear in mind.
@geefull - another great watercolour - I need to be on that beech today - as long as it has not been praised by some nut job of a reporter ignorant of their changing a wonderful local secret into another flock of litter lout magnets.
@gennepher - great perspective. I do like Hokusai and think that we saw some of his work at the Smithsonian in Washington.

This morning was messing on a bit - hot and cold.
Enjoy your day - scorchio abounds - and so does koffy.

View attachment 43019

Thanks @dunelm
I am liking your detailed landscape very much.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am currently sweltering in 33C at this minute. I need to get some water...

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think the hummingbird needs to be in full colour @Alien Aspie like you seem to be wondering about now.
It depends, however, what you are trying to say with this art.

The way I see the hummingbird here, is outlined in a shimmery/electric colour instead of the white you have now. But very fine, just like the white outline is a fine line.

Is that any help?

I like the premise for that so will keep it in mind.

The original thought was that I am often seen as having no gradient scale in my approach to life. That I am just black & white, hence my image of myself. The full of colour hummingbird would be that which I am perceived to be missing. In Daoism the hummingbird if often a portrayal of breaking free which provides another reason for its being there ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the premise for that so will keep it in mind.

The original thought was that I am often seen as having no gradient scale in my approach to life. That I am just black & white, hence my image of myself. The full of colour hummingbird would be that which I am perceived to be missing. In Daoism the hummingbird if often a portrayal of breaking free which provides another reason for its being there ;)

Ah, I was wondering what your thought processes were @Alien Aspie

In that case you could try the full colour hummingbird. You can save the original black&white one separately in your photos so you can get back to it if needed.

And experiment with the size of the hummingbird (smaller or larger) once you have it in full colour, because it might suggest something for you try.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher liked the result of your art exercise today lots of depth with lines a very good study and practice.
@dunelm a nice scene from you today. I know it's not because of the building but it did remind me of some parts of France A few hours South of the Loire but not as far as the Rarn Gorge.
@Alien Aspie I thing that humming bird needs to be coloured, will be a challenge to get that metallic green and blue.

My visit to Dorothy Clive Gardens was lovely. The type of cool Tuscany Hill Village Breeze blew across the sun baked boarders, bees everywhere and very quiet. We took a picnic and sat in the shade admiring the wonderful planting, here I be in full camouflage against Agapanthus, Salvia and Sea Thisles but the camera did not pick them up...
IMG_3568.JPG

On returning it is too humid to sit in garden and so have started another abstract heathland, can I leave it alone this time, needs some work but how much. I have also started a more my style watercolour but only a yellow wash so no point sharing that yet...
Here is the start of the heathland, I have added some mist in the valley bottom, mainly because the blending of colours went wrong and adding mist was the easiest way to sort it out....
IMG_3569.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher liked the result of your art exercise today lots of depth with lines a very good study and practice.
@dunelm a nice scene from you today. I know it's not because of the building but it did remind me of some parts of France A few hours South of the Loire but not as far as the Rarn Gorge.
@Alien Aspie I thing that humming bird needs to be coloured, will be a challenge to get that metallic green and blue.

My visit to Dorothy Clive Gardens was lovely. The type of cool Tuscany Hill Village Breeze blew across the sun baked boarders, bees everywhere and very quiet. We took a picnic and sat in the shade admiring the wonderful planting, here I be in full camouflage against Agapanthus, Salvia and Sea Thisles but the camera did not pick them up...
View attachment 43026
On returning it is too humid to sit in garden and so have started another abstract heathland, can I leave it alone this time, needs some work but how much. I have also started a more my style watercolour but only a yellow wash so no point sharing that yet...
Here is the start of the heathland, I have added some mist in the valley bottom, mainly because the blending of colours went wrong and adding mist was the easiest way to sort it out....
View attachment 43027

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Your heathland painting is looking good.
It has the foreground, the valley where there is a path or a running brook, the hills, the trees in the distance, the sweeping sky...or at least that is what I see in your painting.